RW Forum SIx – 3.30 – 4.00

Comments

• Robert - I sometimes think it is irrelevant what make of watch you get, you either get a good one or a duff one. Lets hope you've got a good one. Nice alternate run you did there. I sometimes do a 2 mile @ MP, 2 miles @ HMP and repeat this 2 or 3 times. It's a tough one but I really enjoy it, it almost feels like you are running at a recovery pace when you're doing your MP miles.

Ali - happy birthday for yesterday. A 30 mile week when extremely busy at work is a good effort. I don't see your name on the race list but I'm sure you said you're entering a HM in the next few weeks ?

Carl - good to hear the back is feeling much better. Make that little run nice and easy and ease your way back in to things. I've added a couple more races on to the list.

Another easy run for me this lunchtime, will head down to the canal for a few miles. I'm looking to do a nice long run of at least 20 miles on Saturday as I'm rather behind with my training. Have plenty of miles in the legs from the last few months so hopefully that will carry me through ok. 

• Current Race List

19/09 Hampstead Trail 10k – Carl (tbc)

20/09 Cotswold Classic 10 - washwood

26/09 Hogsback HM – PS

11/10 Chicago Marathon – PS, Carl

11/10 Royal Parks HM – Sean

17/10 RRR 50 - Carter

18/10 Abingdon Marathon – Robert

18/10 Oxford HM – washwood

18/10 – Great West Run HM - Will

25/10 Candleford Canter 10k – washwood

01/11 New York Marathon – PS

07/11 Thames Meander (Marathon or HM ?) - Robert

22/11 Clowne HM - Carter

29/11 Benidorm HM – washwood

13/12 Andy Reading 10k - washwood

19/03 Hardmoors 55 - Carter

03/14 Paris Marathon – Carl 

11/06 South Downs Way 100 - Carter

19/08 Mr & Mrs C – Wedding 

• Hi Carter, I got Oxford half date wrong its the 11th :/ Im going to support at Abindon week after image  Also I have Manchester marathon on 10th April image

heading off for a LSR after school drop..... really not looking forward to it as my longer runs havent been going great :/  Ill report back later

Hope you had a great birthday Ali image

• Have got 6-10 races penciled in for 2016 just need a bit of time to talk over with Mrs R think I need to take her on a date night again soon!!!

Ali hope you had a great birthday! Nothing wrong with eating lots of cake!!! 

Carl glad to hear you're nearly pain free, won't have lost too much fitness! Hope the easy trot goes well,

Carter the 2 mile mp 2 miles hmp sounds like a good session, will give that a go next week, Currently unsure of my correct pacing but believe it to be about, 5k 7mins, 10k 7.30, hmp 8mins mp 8.45.  My slow recovery is about 9 mins which I know is too fast but struggle to run slower.  

Current Race List

26/09 Hogsback HM – PS

27/09 Womens only Finsbury Park 5k/10k undecided - Mrs R

11/10 Oxford HM – washwood

17/10 RRR 50 - Carter

18/10 – Great West Run HM - Will

07/11 Thames Meander (Marathon) - Robert

22/11 Clowne HM - Carter

10/04 Manchester Marathon - Washwood

24/04 London Marathon - Mrs R

28/5 Kent Roadrunner marathon - Rob

• Robert I've got a 220 and think it's good. I've never used it with a HRM even though I've got one - do you? 

Ali hope your birthday was a good one. That run on Sunday sounds  a good one. Yes my Matty is still away in England and Mr PS is in China. Mr PS flies back from China to England on Saturday and then on Sunday morning they fly back here.

Carl very relieved to hear you're feeling better but not as relieved as you are feeling I bet. How was the run last night?

Carter I have joined some of the challenges on Strava but don't really pay any attention to them. The problem with them is that you can't pick the time you submit for a challenge so my HM challenge time is rubbish as it's taken from a 20 mile run.

9 miles steady yesterday. Struggled as it was very very hot. Going to do 7 miles intervals on the treadmill this morning at the gym. That's if the little one is well enough as she's woken up feeling rather hot. Have shoved some medicine down her and hope that kicks in. 

• Washwood - how was the long run ?

Robert - get Mrs R drunk, tell her about a couple of the races and next year when she sounds surprised tell her you told her all about them when you took her out !

PS - I don't bother with those challenges on Strava normally, I find I don't generally need that sort of encouragement. I used to get dragged in to chasing segments though but that could easily take away from what you are trying to achieve from your session, so I don't bother anymore.

6 'easy' miles for me at lunchtime down by the canal. I'm fat adapting again so it's bloomin hard going again but it does feel easier than last time. Saturday's long run will be interesting though..

• Well the medicine kicked in and I was able to get my intervals done on the treadmill. Both feet now strapped up as I now have a blister on the instep of my other foot. Rest day tomorrow (might do Pilates) then 4 miles scheduled for Saturday and 17 for Sunday. 30 days until Chicago. 

• 6 easy miles done tonight in 50 mins flat.

Felt good considering and not run in over a week. 

The muscle connecting hamstring to base of spine which is the one I bruised was a little tender while running but I think it was just getting used to running again. No issues with base of spine.

No ill effects since I have come back in. Feel fine.

Hopefully it will all b good in the morning.

If it is I might do another easy 6 miles tomorrow evening to see can i run 2 days in a row.

Feeling positive.

Plan is to ease myself back in through weekend.

2 weeks of 45 ish miles and then 2 weeks taper.

• That's really good to hear Carl. 

The 3 year old has vomited all over me. If I manage to swerve this bug it will be a miracle. I have 17 miles to do Sunday and I have a babysitter lined up. I can't miss this run!

• PS glad to see you're still getting the miles in! Fingers crossed you're just plagued by blisters and don't get the flu/ bug... people at work are sniffling everywhere at the moment just trying to stay well away.  I got a hrm with my watch again not sure if i'll use it, but handy to know I have one.

Carter good news where both myself and Mrs R haven't been drinking much recently so it won't take too much till pissed.  Just have to find a time do it inbetween long runs.  Good luck with the long run should be testing.

Carl great news well done, hope you can get a couple of decent weeks training now before taper 29 days to go image

Slow 10 mile run, found it sluggish, about mile 7 started to feel a twinge/ pinch in my right calf, so took the speed out of the run, was a tad uncomfortable last night and feels bruised this morning just keep on massaging and stretching hopefully no real cause for concern.  Planned park run tomorrow but am thinking about running with Mrs R in 40 mins rather than racing it myself as have a 20 mile LSR planned Sunday. 

• Washwood: interesting that you only go the club once a week – I guess I could do that.. I think there is a club at Finsbury park (Heathside?) and I keep meaning to investigate..

Rob: sorry about the huntingdon thing!!! Abingdon is 18 oct yah, exciting. Wow,  7th marathon – good effort. Interesting to see how it goes with the different training regime. What’s your pb? Nice 9 miler on Wednesday by the way…  maybe give it a rest and don’t run tomorrow? Better to look after yourself for the long run as it’s way more important..

Ali: Thanks! Still getting very decent mileage in I see, well done. Happy Birthday!! Good luck for the 10 mile race on Sunday – is it hilly? What sort of time are you aiming at?

PS: looking strong on strava, keep it up.. sorry about the continued blistering, sounds painful and frustrating, and the 3 year old vomit, what can I say! At least it didn’t happen the night before your long run?! Small mercys and fingers crossed you miss the bug…

Carter: does fat adapting = empty stomach for a run? My idea of hell but seemed to make you v strong for your marathon earlier this year even though you switched to carbs some wks in advance? Is it because you sort of need that body training for the ultras?

Carl: glad you are better, what a relief eh

My training is going pretty well. Cracked out a 45 min 10k as a tempo run yesterday which is definitely a first by a long way for me (my pb going hell for leather, feeling sick at the end, having to lie down etc etc is 44’58) – must be doing something right I guess!

Re the strava segments and challenges I quite like the cumulative distance challenges for the bike as it makes you do a couple of extra laps when commuting. It’s quite motivating! Am up to 2,250 metres of ascent on the bike for September and I reckon half of that is down to the 9,000 metre climbing challenge I’ve taken on!

Carl you can add Brighton Marathon to the race list for me - Sun 17 April 2016

Cheers

Will

• Will - that is a good 10k for a training run !! Will add your race to the list. Plan to post the list every Sunday from now to keep us all focussed.

Robert - the 20 miler is probably more important so running the park run slow is a good idea so soon after that slight twinge.

PS - kids are so wonderful !!! My middle one always thought it a good idea to vomit all over me when she was little especially after I had given her Calpol. Somehow at the time you cope with it but only for your own. 

Good that you are getting some decent running in even with the blasts and everything else. Chicago is only around the corner !! Yikes.

So went out again tonight to do the same 6 miles on Hampstead Heath. Part of the route is on the trails. Only 30 minutes later tonight but it was very dark in the wooded section. Soon will not be able to do this in the evenings which is a shame as i love this 6 mile route.

Initially felt a bit sluggish but got into it and average pace was 8:16 m/m tonight which was 5 sec per mile faster than last night.

No adverse reactions so will continue with this approach.

Might take a break tomorrow and try something longer on Sunday. Weather is supposed to break this weekend so I might adjust my plans as I do not fancy getting soaked right now. As PS says it is 30 days to race day. 

• Busy day being a taxi driver for the kids today. Weather a bit better than forecasted and I found a gap this afternoon when one of the other parents offered to bring my youngest home from netball.

8.54 miles and I felt good today. No real issues to worry about. 8 min smiling too which is not bad. 

Too early to know what to do on race day. Need to get some long runs and speed work under the belt to see what the impact of the reduced running has had.

Hope all are having a great weekend.

• Good run yesterday carl. Confidence boosting with the lack of any reaction. Reckon the rest may have had a positive effect possibly??

re running on the Heath in winter I have a v good headtotch and am considering for my mon evening runs sticking to my route up parliament hill and then over to kenwood circumnavigating it in the dark. Might be a bit spooky but would rather stay off road if poss. I would then come down the old railway path to fins park. What do you reckon?! Hopefully I wont get attacked!

• Updated race list below. Let me know of any additions and I can re-issue. In any case I will post it every Sunday going forward.

Current Race List

26/09 Hogsback HM – PS

17/10 RRR 50 - Carter

18/10 Great West Run HM - Will

07/11 Thames Meander Marathon - Robert

22/11 Clowne HM - Carter

10/04 Manchester Marathon - washwood

17/04 Brighton Marathon - Will

24/04 London Marathon - Mrs R

28/5 Kent Roadrunner marathon - Rob

• Will - yesterdays run was so much of a confidence booster that I decided to go back out today and attempt a long run.

/members/images/557163/Gallery/Screen_Shot_2015-09-13_at_17.17.12.png

Somehow I managed 16 miles.

It did get a little ropey in the last 3 miles as my splits over the first 13 were good and you can see the miles where I was going up hills.

My come back week has ended with a respectable total of 36 miles off 4 consecutive days running.

Main issue today was tired legs but that was probably to be expected. When i went out I thought I would do 12 so 16 is a bonus.

On the issue of running with a head torch. I had been thinking the same thing. I have got used to running on the Heath and can do a nice 6 or 8 miler route. I was going to try it out, probably after the marathon to see if its ok. Probably will be a little spooky but reckon that I will frighten whatever is lurking in the undergrowth more than it will frighten me. Worth a try. If you try it first let me know how you get on. 

PS - did you manage to get the 17 miler in this weekend ? How is blistergate ?

Rob - how did you get on with park run yesterday and your 20 mile lsr today ?

Carter - how did you get on with your long run yesterday ? Last time you when on the fatty diet thing you cut out all carbs. Are you doing the same this time even with some tough long runs and ultras to do or will you allow yourself some carbs to help.

washwood - how did your long run go the other day ? 

Ali - sounds like you are having a really busy time at the moment but somehow getting the running in too which is great. Your 10 miler that you were running today sounds like a nice one. You certainly have been getting around a lot to get races in. What race plans have you got over the next few months as we need to add them to the race list ?

• Carl brill run!!! Will give you some confidence with just 4 weeks to go.

Will if you're planning to run round Finsbury Park at night might be an idea not to let the muggers know you're about and switch the headlight off.

Decided to skip sprinting Park run yesterday after my recent niggle and went round with Mrs R on her 1st park run 42.55 she enjoyed it and looking at doing it again different terrain to what she's used to.

Ran an even paced 20 miles this morning 8.51 miles in 2.56.59 felt pretty decent towards the end as well. Stopped myself going off to fast in the first half and fet I would have been able to keep up 9 min miles for another 10k. A grand total of 45/48 miles if you count park run my best yet.  Twinge in calf wasn't affected by the long run but a bit sore/ bruised feeing now.

Plan for the week

Mon - rest

Tues - spin and 5 mile run (middle 3 miles at hmp)

Wed - 12 miles alternating every 2 miles 9mm and 8mm.

Thurs - Spin class am maybe a run at lunch

Fri - Rest/ spin/ kettlebell 

Sat/ Sun 20-22 LSR

Hope you all had great weekends.

• Hello all

Carl- glad you're improving.  You seem back on track training wise now.  Races for me you can add to the calendar. 20th September Linlithgow 10k.  27th September East Neuk 10k.  4th October Great Scottish Run (HM)

washwood- you've entered Manchester, nice one.  Goals?

PS- you must be missing your boys image  Hope the wee one's better soon.  Plenty of ice cream and cuddles?

Robert- good running from you even if sluggish.  Good choice to accompany Mrs R round.  How is she enjoying parkrunning?  Is your local a friendly one?

Will- sometimes I only go to club once a week.  But a good club session is better quality than I'd manage alone so once is still better than zero!  Your training is sounding good! image

10 mile road race round the Isle of Cumbrae done by me today with the club.

Had never done a 10 miler before so was not sure what to aim for in terms of time but thought just faster than HM pace would be a good aim. My last HM was at 8:17 min/mile pace so I thought I would aim for 8:10s today.  With the aim being start off slow and get faster, not to burn out too soon.  That would get me round in around 1:22 but I was not sure whether this was realistic or not.

As I wasn't sure at all what kind of time I would do, instead I focused on my placing.  This was one of our club championship races and 12 women from the club ended up going.  So I decided yesterday my real aim was going to be to finish top 5 club women.

It was a 10 mile race round the island, pretty flat roads, very pleasant scenery, gorgeous coast.  Very hot today but I don't mind the heat and would rather that than pouring rain.  A bit windy at times too, such is running on an island.  I started the first few miles running just behind/with another club lady who was keeping good pace just over 8 minute miles.  I was in 7th place out of the club ladies at the start.  Passed her about 4 miles and could see 2 more of the ladies quite a bit ahead but decided I was going to try and catch both of them before the end of the race.

First 3 or 4 miles wind was behind us and it felt nice and easy.  But also very hot.  After this the breeze was a bit more powerful, which was tougher, but not too bad.  I decided at half way I felt really good and was going to push on for the second half and try and pass as many people as possible.  Passed the next two club ladies plus a couple of the club men amongst others, said a wee hello to all as I went.

The only slight inclines of the race were in the last 3 miles.  So these were the toughest.  But I was running with a guy who had a great pace and we were overtaking people together, speeding up rather than slowing down.  I have NO idea how but I managed to do a 7:01 minute mile for my last mile of the race.  I was chasing, by now, the third club lady who I could see ahead of me.  I never got her, but was amazed when I saw my watch at the end how hard she got me running to try!

10 miles in 1:19:10, approx 7:55 min/mile pace.  Came in 4th lady from the club.  One of our ladies was overall ladies' winner which was fab.  My time makes me think now I might be capable of a quicker HM as it's only another 3 miles to run on the end...

Absolutely aching now but really chuffed to have surpassed my goal and then some.

• Ali great 10 miler.... Another PB haha.......defo reckon sub 1.45 for a half is on the cards for you soon.  My local club which I'm going to join organise a 10 miler (volunteered/ marshalled this year as wasn't race fit) but I like the distance and its around my training route and multi terrain looking forward to running it next year.

• Ha ha Will are you worried about being attacked by people of the wildlife? I went out at 6 this morning when it was pitch dark still and got the fright of my life when I was startled by two deer in next door's garden. I then ran the first mile fast as it's past a wooded area and I always think a coyote is going to get me. 

Carl you're right Chicago is only just around the corner now. I'm was planning doing a 20 mile group run next Saturday out of Manahattan and across the George Washington Bridge. That would be a feat in itself as I'm petrified enough going across it in the car. However I've now been asked if I want to do the Grand Central run again next Sunday so I might do that instead. After that it's taper time. What's your long run strategy from now on in? It's great that you've got some runs in without an adverse reaction and well done on today's run. When are you seeing the physio again?

Robert a great long run from you. Carter will be telling you off doe running your long runs at MP image

Ali how are you feeling now? Another PB to add to this year's collection! That last mile was amazing - what a sprint finish! 

4 miles done yesterday and then 17 today with middle 5 at MP. I ran too fast, didn't take on enough water and by mile 15.5 had had enough. Had a sit on a bench and looked at the sea then made it home. 

Blistergate continues with a new blister on the instep of the other foot - exactly the same position as the last one. Rest day tomorrow and then I must strap it really well to give it a chance to heal. I did that today but it came loose and so was of no use.

My little boy (well he's 10 but that's little compared to the 13 year old) not back yet - Mr PS's flight from China was cancelled so he's just landed at Heathrow and they'll be back tomorrow. The children have got a couple of days off Mon and Tues for a Jewish holiday so that gives him a chance to recover from the jetlag.

Tired now - it was a 4.45 am start and I'm feeling it.

• Carl – good to hear that there you can run without too much pain, sounds like Chicago training is back on track and hopefully an attack on a new PB. A positive mind frame can only benefit you too. Re running with a head torch – I found the first couple of runs quite spooky and it did take a little while to get used to. A couple of times when I was running down country lanes I would glance to the side and see a cow staring back at me ! Running off road is a bit different as you will be mainly looking down to see where your feet are landing. Once you get over that initial ‘nervous’ period is can really be an exhilarating feeling, especially when it’s a lovely clear night and you can see all the starts in the sky. Try and get to the top of a hill too as the views can be amazing. There is no need to spend a fortune on a head torch either; I use the Alpkit Gamma and you can pick them up for £17 and they do a really good job.

Robert – very wise to jog round park run with Mrs R; we don’t want you overdoing it at this stage and picking up a silly injury. What is your target time for Abingdon ?

Will – fat adapting = eating less carbs and more fat and fasted runs i.e. and empty stomach. It is tough at the beginning but once your body has partially adapted it’s not too bad at all. I think I made a mistake earlier on for the marathon as I started taking carbs in way too early. I believe I only really needed to carb up for about 3 days rather than 3 weeks and I would have found it easier to continue with the healthy eating straight after Manchester. As it turned out, it has taken me all these months to get back to lchf and I’m struggling to commit to it fully still. Will see how it goes but it I do feel better generally when eating this way. A cracking tempo run from you. Where is the Great West Run held ?

Ali – brilliant, yet another PB !! Great that you were able to run 15 seconds per mile quicker than you planned. I think you definitely need to find a fast HM by the end of this year and absolutely smash your PB. You are on fire !

PS – didn’t take on enough water ? Did you use your bladder ? sometimes running too fast isn’t a bad thing, in my opinion, it’s running your long runs too fast all the time that you have to be careful of. I thought that blisters needed needed fresh air to heal quicker ? You may need to strap them up when you run but otherwise let them be ‘au naturelle’..

• My alarm went off at 6:00 on Saturday morning and I could hear the rain slamming into the windows. I looked out the window and it was horrible, absolutely horrible. And when it’s horrible at my house it is normally 10 times worse in the peaks. And so it proved. The first 2 hours were a real hard slog. I was soaked through within seconds. I had my hat on and hood over that and regretted not taking my gloves with me. Visibility must have been 50 yards at best. And I was running out in the peaks on a route I had never run before. I was relying on my watch to get me round safely (I had downloaded the route to it and was using it for all the navigation). After a week of very low carbs and no breakfast before the run I set off. The trails early in the run had plenty of puddles so I was glad I chose the right trotters. After about 5 miles the bonking started. I deliberately took no food with me so I had to push on regardless. Running around the first reservoir was fairly ok, as it was flattish, but as soon as I hit an incline the legs felt like I had already run 100 miles on them. I got to 9 miles and felt shattered, the body was ok but the legs had nothing in them still. Then the climbing started. Looking at my run I can see that there was about nearly 9 consecutive miles of steady climbing with the occasional section being flat or slightly downhill. No wonder I was knackered. Because I had my head down due to the torrential rain I missed a couple of turnings. Using my watch I got back on track quite quickly. Going along the moors was horrendous. It was boggy, plenty of puddles and lots of mud. The last mile or so was another gradual climb and by now I was jogging a couple of hundred yards and walking a couple of hundred yards. I was ravenous when I got back to the car so I filled my face on nuts and chocolate. So, 21 miles with 2,400ft of ascent at an average of 12:30 min miles. A tough old run but I managed it so glad it’s out the way, it should get easier as the weeks go on. Just under 5 weeks to go to RRR50 so need to get plenty of more miles in before then. Have a good week everyone…

• Carl. good to hear that the back is healing up and you are tacking it easy. I would say keep it easy this week also and dont rush it back (no pun intended).

Carter: The weather in Yorkshire stuck on Saturday Morning so thats an epic effort getting out and doing a run like that. They are the runs that stick in the memory and give you the character traits to tell nature to f**k off when others might crumble. 

Ali: fantastic PB, and I also agree with carter. Get out and find a quick HM whilst you are having this purple patch.

Washwood: Thats a solid 20 miler you ran there. Good to get that one in the legs.

So I had a pretty decent running weekend. 

Woke up on saturday morning and just felt fast if thats even possible? Decided to drive over to the hyde Park parkrun which is the faster one in Leeds. From the off I got into a small group of runners who I knew to be quick. I was still with them after 2 miles and still felt strong. Went through 4k at 15:00 dead on. This was going to be nip and tuck. I pulled everything out for the last 1k and managed to even bring out the big guns for the last 200m. Afterburners on.  

Crossed the line in 18:53 and I had just knocked 27s off my 5K PB. What on earth, this stuff just doesn't happen. Not a bad PB for a wet track and a good mornings work. 

I took my 20 mile LSR at a much more sedate pace and ended up running off road for half of it after taking a wrong turning. I encountered a herd of cows and 1 bull giving me deadeyes blocking a path. So took the sensible option and ran around them. Then literally 1 minute after us a group of female runners can along and ran straight through the centre of the herd without batting an eyelid. made me look like a complete pussy. lol

Then came the mental rabid dog that chashed me over a fence whilst trying to bite my nackers. 

Then came running aimlessly and lost across fields to find a path only to find out you've ended up at the bottom of the biggest hill in Leeds and have to run back up it. eek.

https://www.strava.com/segments/676432

All in all it was quite an interesting run peppered with some stunning Yorkshire scenery. 20 miles in the legs and feeling good for it.

races up for me.

This Sunday; Vale of York HM

October 24th. Snowdonia marathon

• Sean - one thing you can say about trail runs is that they are more interesting than plodding the streets all the time ! Cracking new PB from you mate, is the Vale of York half potential PB ?

Just over 5 miles for me at lunchtime including 8 hill repeats up Park Drive. The legs felt a lot better than I was expecting and there was no after effects from Saturdays long run. Tomorrow, I am going to do a double run day and run 7 miles into work and 7 back to the car. Never done this before so looking forward to it

• Yep. Vale of york is a new race as its the 2nd year. Already sold out for the PB potential. pretty much 0 ft of climbing. I blew up on it last year however as went out at a mental pace. Limped home at 9;30 miling but still finished up 1:36 so shows you how fast it is. 

• Sean great 5k time !! (have also given you a follow on strava)  Oh my long run was 12m not 20... not sure I could do 20 at mo!!

Carl you are running well, I need to do more hills :/

Ali You are on fire lady !! I jhave my 10 miler on Sunday and Id be very happy to get your time image

Not much to report since last week. Had a busy weekend with kids and then went out to Camden Palace on Saturday night  to see a few DJs.... left at 3.45am !!!! I think I am having a mid life crisis ! so was glad yesterday was a rest day.

Did 5m this morning with my new running partner the dog .... he gets a bit tired after 3 miles so I dropped him off and made it up to 5m total... didnt go mad about a 7.50 ave I think

Just had a curious look at qualify times for NYC as along with London it was on my list of marathons .......  well  I was surprised that the Half qualifying time for my age group may be possible at Oxford !!!  Just a small case if I do it of getting entry in quick enough as there are only a number of places for non NYRR race times...... oh and get Mr C to agree to itimage I cant believe how much it costs to enter !!!!!

PS you will have to let me know all about it 

• Ha ha Sean you great big girl image. Amazing 5K PB anyway. Well done you. 

Carter the bladder remains in the drawer. Still can't bring myself to wear it. Think it might have been a great waste of $100. That run that you did on Saturday sounds brutal. Do you take a drink with you or were you just relying on rainwater for hydration?! 

Washwood if you're out until that time do the children not get you up in the morning? that curtails any ideas I have of staying up until that time. Now I'm so used to waking up early that sleeping until 6.30 this morning was a veritable lie in. I'm pretty much always the first one up in our house.

So no alcohol for the last 11 days for me - 4lb down. Would like to shift another 4lb or so before Chicago. How are the rest of the weightwatchers doing? 

Oh and I have my boy back. Happy days imageimage

• PS - Mum was there so I didnt get up until 9. 4 hours sleep.... why would I need more ???  !!!! imageimageimageimage    I  have to say I was a bit tired, just glad I wasnt hung over too !!

• I have updated the race list with additions since last night.

Current Race List

20/09 Linlithgow 10k - Ali

20/09 Vale of York HM - Sean

26/09 Hogsback HM – PS

27/09 East Neuk 10k - Ali

04/10 Great Scottish Run (HM) - Ali