Options

Tuesday 29th September 2015

Morning.

Lyrics - Did you ever do drugs, it's like love

Is the Pentland terrain that bad OH? Long way to go for a short run.

Good news chicksta but not Blisters - hope it clears up as quickly.

What:         short easy run or rest
Why:          itching to get back but will see how legs feel after walking Grace
Last hard:   27/9
Last rest:    28/9

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Options

Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's lyrics were from "The Whole of the Moon", The Waterboys, although I like Nick Cave's version also.

Chick: I am on the left of Ron, encouraging him to sprint for the line. Not the greatest of photos but funny to be on the mug!

What: suspect it will be something easy this evening, although hopefully that will either develop into something a little faster once I get going

Why: listening to the legs

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

What: badminton maybe

why: Tuesday

last hard: yesterday

last rest 9 days ago

lyrics no

i am sure 16 miles over the Pentlands will definitely  feel long enough for me, LM.H

• Options

Morning

Alehouse; so you are the one in the hat?

LMH: enjoy your recoveryimage

What: 4 miles

Why: tapering

Last hard: not running further as legs felt good

Lyrics: No

Good run today and 30 sec of my pb for route which was a pleasant surprise as it did not feel fast.

Have a great day out thereimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

OH: That is a tough one GOOD LUCKimage

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WP: no! I'm on Ronald's left, i e on the right of the mug wearing a black t-shirt with a picture of Ron on.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Great that the taper seems to be working and you're feeling good Poppy.

I must have misunderstood OH as I thought you said that if you didn't make the cut off at 8.5 miles it would mean no last long run before Snowdonia. If you did get pulled would you run back to the start?

Very foggy out this morning but still. Legs were a little wooden to begin with (not surprising really) but will hopefully feel better for an easy run.

• Options

Ah yes 8.5 would be a short run (but still hoping to complete)

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Wow Oliver what a great report.  Sounds like you had a fantastic time even with the overenthusiastic start.  Congratulations!

Good long run yesterday OH

Chick hope the calf is feeling better today.  When is Breman?

Was in Berlin on Saturday and the weather was perfect.  It made me quite jealous seeing all the runners as I did my 10 km on Saturday morning around the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Tierpark etc.

RFJ great report. Sounds like a nice course too.  Congratulations on finishing well within your goal time as well. 

Wow LMH that is an unbelievable run!  I have done Jesus Green to Ely Cathedral before, but not back again.  It’s a lovely route.  You are really doing so well at the moment, again an inspiration!

what: hopefully 5-10 km

why: all I’ll be able to fit in, my best friend is moving to Denmark tonight, so need to see him off properly!

last hard: tonight will be sad L
    Lyrics: nope

Garmin is also dead, which is a bit annoying.  I charged it, and as soon as I disconnected the charger, the screen went blank.  No idea what I can do about it either.

Have a good day all.

• Options

Emzap: which Garmin do you have?

Ring garmin support they are very good and helpful if you still can not start it.

Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    Emz: that sometimes happens to my 310xt. I Google reset and follow the instructions. Successfully!
  • Options
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

nice mug alehouse!

emzap grrrr at your garmin! Hope tonight is ok and not too sad

nice run Poppy

oh, oooo thats some skyline...

what: 20 mins with company later

why: good advice

last hard: sunday morning

last rest: yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

Horrible if the Garmin plays up like that, Em. Hope a reset will sort it.
    Bremen is on Sunday imageimage

OH: have you ever done a standard road marathon?? You always seem to pick these hardcore events in the middle of nowhere image

LMH: Can't believe you're thinking about running already image It usually takes me 4 or 5 days after an ordinary marathon before I can be bothered to go out again...  

Hope the knee settles, Blisters.

What: 8 miles easy
    Why: taper
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: 26/8
    Lyrics: no

• Options

Afternoon all. image

What: Very easy jog (30 mins), the first few steps were the hardest, really eased into it afterwards, no problems at all.
    Why: Recovery/boredom
    Last Hard: Sunday.
    Last Rest: Yesterday.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Hope the running goes good, and the Garmins get better. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭

blisters sorry to read about your knee, hope it settles down for you

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options

As the others have said - try a hard reset emzap.

What can I say chicksta - I'm addicted image

I really need my appetite to calm down soon or I shall be rolling round my half! Another reason to get back out running image

• Options

A standard flat city road marathon? Surely that would be boring Chicksta image

maybe hill reps with the "big boys" tonight

• Options

afternoon all.
    Finally had time to pause at work- been non stop for 8 hours so far...
    what - club night
    why -routine
    last rest - saturday
    last hard - last week

Late run yesterday, youngest had swimming 8:30-9:30 so 2 mile warm up , 3x 1m steady on the track (by moonlight) 2 mile recovery back to the pool.

• Options

afternoon all,

• What:  a bit of jogging
    • Why: Old and Fat
    • Last Hard: Today
    • Last Rest: Yesterday

Have a good one!

• Options

Survived hill reps with the "big boys" AKA Orkney Runners ( so couldn't have been trying hard enough yesterday! - before AH chips in image )

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Great report OL

Rest day yesterday for me,

Double day today, 4.4m this morning, then 7.4m tonight in Exeter with some intervals, so a good day all round..... a Fulham win would cap it of... (but down to 10 men... could be hard)

Take care all

• Options

Evening!

No comment, OH!

Please take things easy, OL: have seen too many incidences where people feel that they have recovered etc!

What: 7.17k with some quicker bits

Why: beautiful evening and managed to run off road * before the light went at around 7:30.

* Parts of both Burnage parkruns, and the banks from Parrs Wood to the Pyramid are now have "better" surfaces than most motorways, for those who know the area. 

Shame about Fulham, RFJ: spoilt what sounds like a good day!