Wednesday 30th September 2015

Morning.

Lyrics - All day long he was fighting for you

Sounds like a good day RFJ.

How are the legs this morning Oliver? Did the run help?

Is your knee any better Blisters?

What:           short easy run
Why:            recovery
Last hard:     not swearing at the physio yesterday
Last rest:      28/9

Yesterday's lyrics - I Will Remember by Train.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning LM.H

what: pool swim, maybe

why: on-call

last hard: hill reps yesterday

last rest: 10 days ago

lyrics: no

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

OH: easy day today? And OL and LMH.

Wabo: hope there is no reaction to yesterday's run.

Chick, WP: not long now...so sensible heads!

Don?? Hope both your and Blisters' knees are OK.

What: something this pm

Why: helping at Uni Fresher's trials.

In other news son is moving back in today. Already moved four car loads of stuff. No idea where most of it is going.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • All my days are easy Alehouse image Am trying to work out how best to recover and prepare for a half in less than two weeks and currently thinking that I need to limit myself to runs of 6 miles - maybe an 8 at most? Must be a little strange having your son moving back in?

Hope you get your swim OH.

• Morning again!

Cross post with OH! Good to hear of the easy day!

LMH: perhaps an hour max? And generally 40-45 minutes? Little to gain (apart from looseness) and lots to lose! Which half?

And no, not very happy about son! Needs must I guess! 

Hopefully the photo below gives some idea of the "road" that Sayriday's 5k was on:

http://www.runningpix.co.uk/Roadpics/RonHill77-1562D/large-113.html

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Fast, flat course Alehouse?!? It's a new half in Derby which starts and finishes at the university - I hadn't entered Ely when I thought it was a good idea but think I may as well try to get myself in a place where I can have a decent crack at it - if that's possible.

• Morning

What: Yoga

Why: tapering and strange aches and pains in legs/so being very sensibleimage

Last hard: The above

lyrics: No

Alehouse: Hope the move and settling back in goes well for you all as a family!

OH: Hope swim goes well

LMH: Sounds like you are being very sensible with your recovery

Oliver: Hope all is going well for you ?

Chick: How is calf

Wabo: Glad your run went well image

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning
    Hope those nursing tweaks are being sensible
    Rocky - if you're fat, I'm in trouble...
    Ale - good luck with the new (old) lodger
    what - steady run
    why - I think I'm doing a halfM on Sunday
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - last week

• Morning all.  Hope all is well with everybody. image

LMH: Legs feeling fine, still a bit of ache when descending stairs, or standing up, but walking is unhindered. image
    OH: Enjoy your swim.
    AH: Keeping all runs easy at the moment, certainly won't get over zealous.  And ouch, four carloads, I managed to fit most of my worldly possessions into a single travel bag (perhaps a slight exaggeration). image
    WP: S'all good at the moment, thanks.  Enjoy the yoga. image
    Dustin: Enjoy the steady run, which half is it (possibly) going to be?

What: Easy Jog, did 20 mins. today; with a 2 min. walk in between after 10 minutes of jogging.
    Why: Recovery/The Outdoors were calling me.
    Last Hard: Sunday/Running out of coffee this morning.
    Last Rest: Monday.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: 4.5 km at lunch meant to be gardening when I get home
    Why: the sun was shining and it seemed rude not to make the most of it
    last hard: sittign next to a very ill person at work, I find it quite inconsiderate to come in when you are so ill.
    Lyrics: nope

LMH the half plan sounds good.
    Oliver glad to hear the legs are ok.
    Not sure when to try and fit my last long run in before Frankfurt (I mean 25-30 km).  At a wedding this weekend in the UK, so will be hard to fit it in.

Have a good one all.

• Yeah, why don't they stay at home and keep their germs image  I'm surrounded by ill people at the moment .... just what you need 3 days before a marathon image

Talking of fat: I'm very close to racing weight image  just a pound off. The carb loading will mess it all up again of course ...

What: 6 k with some MP
    Why: tapering
    Last hard: not still eating like I was high mileage training
    Last rest: 26/8
    Lyrics: no

September went by without a single rest day image 453 km or 281 miles covered.

• Afternoon,

Dustin:  My photo is about 8 years old.  There's the equivalent of half another person running with me nowadays

• What: Sploshing about
    • Why:  Knees can't take it anymore
    • Last Hard: Yesterday
    • Last Rest: Monday

Have a good one!

• Evening!

What: 9k including 3 fairly hard

Why: uni freshers' race...just. Took place in a local park near the Halls of Residence (Platt Fields...location of South Manchester parkrun). All lined up and ready to go when a woman came out of the offices and wanted it stopped...park hadn't been hired, wanted to see public liability insurance, health and safety risk assessment etc. She was however happy that the park was being used by about 50 baseball players, several rugby sessions, highwire walking between trees (!), three frisbee games, British Military Fitness etc. "They are all impromptu but yours is organised". Police involved who said let it go ahead and sort it out afterwards. Over half an hour delay. Club will be billed £200 + VAT, we were told. Wonder if they want back payments for the last 20 years or so.  Welcome to Manchester, Freshers!

That apart it was a good event with record fields of over a 100 with some decent quality runners.

September: 30 days run, 200.79k run, one "race", 2 x parkrun pacing. A fairly typical month in many ways. 

1770k run so far this year, so 245k to go to reach the 2015 in 2015. May, or may not, do it in September.

Good ks, Chick!

Emz: to get the long run in you will just have to run from the airport and send your baggage on ahead!

• What next, AH, kill off parkruns with similar demands?

got my swim in image

• Didnt train on Monday and then went to the club last night.  Knee was really sore for the first 3 reps of 16 x 1 min on, 1 min off, but then it eased and it felt good.  Spoke to one of the coaches who said that confirms it as tendonitis and he warned me that next week, it would be sore for 4 reps, then 5 reps, then constantly.  Not news I was wanting but there you go!

I loved reading the reports from the weekend, they were awesome and inspiring.  Keep it up, everyone.

No training tonight but back to the club tomorrow to see if Coach Milne's prophecy comes true.

Have applied to join the committee as Vets coordinator - hoping to start giving something back. image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

That is daft AH

Parkruns are already covered as agreed by local councils etc... should have said we will run on the pavements then and cause chaos.... image

Good day in Exeter and just found time for a steady hours run

Just back from a photo shoot with the family for our silver anniversary next week image

Take care