Tuesday 6th October

Morning.

Lyrics - Saw your head turned a bit too far to the right now

Ouch Alehouse. Hope you're ok.

I can recommend the Alpkit Gamma Headtorch as a good, cheap dog walking/running torch Oliver.

What:            short and easy
Why:             taper
Last hard:      not running more
Last rest:       3/10

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't You Know I Want You by The Human League (I was actually thinking of me and running Alehouse!).

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning...and a very tender one at that!

Yesterday afternoon I was running along here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/npq2217cur5japy/DSC_0021.JPG?dl=0

When I fell over some metalwork  protruding from the shale part of the path:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ktto3vj395f5a8/DSC_0020.JPG?dl=0

I feel as if escaped lightly, although I gashed my left knee (despite wearing, and ruining, a pair of tracksters), jarred both wrists, grazed and bruised my left elbow, jarred both shoulders and neck, and have a sore right ankle and hip.  Had a feeling that I was going to feel rather bruised in the morning! Correct! I fear that someone else could sustain much more serious injuries, not least falling onto the metal spike that I got my foot stuck under.

Any advice on what I should be saying to Stockport Council would gratefully be received!

What: is likely to be very easy and short this evening

Why: left knee in particular is causing problems and needs to loosen up. Hopefully all the problem areas are superficial.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Certainly a man trap AH image I think the council are not legally responsible until they have been informed but they are obliged to do something once they have been informed (or face successful litigation)

(or maybe need too paint a giant penis around it (like Wanksy and the potholes!!!)

what: just work

why: on-call and need to be tapering a bit. Flu jag clinic until 7 tomorrow too

last hard: Saturday

last rest: Sunday

lyrics no.

another Orcadian runner has now entered Pentlands Skyline but she should make cutoff easily.

• That looks really benign Alehouse - not the sort of path where you'd be avidly watching your feet for trip hazards. I wonder if the recent rain has exposed them? Glad to hear that your injuries are not as bad as they could have been but please do think about whether it's worth continuing the streak if your knee is bad.

Talking of knees I must remember that I'm seeing the sports massage terrorist today.

A travelling companion OH?

• Morning. image

LMH: Thanks, will look into getting one.  Enjoy your short run. image

AH: I would simply reiterate what you just stated.  After a brief search, I believe the council have a general duty of care under the common law of tort, (although, as OH pointed out, only once they have been informed, or if they neglected their requisite inspections), it is clearly a trip hazard, and so should be removed before a more serious injury occurs. Perhaps the following link will be of use:

http://www.stockport.gov.uk/services/transport/highwayandstreetlightmaintenance/roadsandhighways/highwayrepairinspection/

Hope this is of some assistance, I would just report the hazard, the nature of the hazard (difficult to see, easy to trip over), your own experience, and ask what can be done about it.

What: Easy 45 mins run.
    Why: Got running on the mind.
    Last Hard: Sunday before last.
    Last Rest: Yesterday.
    Lyrics: Nope.

S'laters. image

Have a good day. image
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning all,
    Ouch Ale, It looks very much as is if you have picked up the clumsy baton from RFJ - to whom I wish a happy 25th anniversary - and you can have my place on the naughty step if you think running after that fall is sensible.
    LmH - I only run so I can eat cake...
    what - club night, I will be taking it easy
    why - first Hampshire xc this weekend
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Sunday
    lyric - nope

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Alehouse  OMG that looks an awful hazard yeah get onto the council if not already hope you feel better soon

What: 2.29 miles
    Why: Day 6
    Last Hard: THat was, though not as hard as yesterday
    Lyrics: nope

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

Firstly well done Chick, Dustin and WP (though Dustin, you did deserve a little time on the naughty step).
    Happy anniversary RFJ.
    OL great medal you made there!
    Ale ouch, hope the aches go soon, be careful that you haven't done any wrist ligament damage if you fell onto outstretched wrists.
    Pammie well done, keep going!
    Blisters well done for saying no.  First steps.

What: nothing
    Why: exhausted
    Last hard: 28 hours of driving over the last 4 days.  Took us 9.5 hours to get back from Dunkirk yesterday rather than the normal 6.5.
    Lyrics: nope

Managed my parkrun on Saturday in 27:30, was hoping for 25 when I arrived, but as soon as I started I realised the 20km at mp the day before plus the 9 hours of driving was never going to let me achieve that.

Taper is starting though, so starting to feel nervous...

Have a good one all.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

afternoon all

hour and 15 mins stuck on the m25 this morning....

alehouse that is horrendous!!!! Oh my goodness, hope all settles and you are ok

dustin - that told alehouse... enjoy the club night

nice one pammie

oliver enjoy your run

lmh smt I love it! hope it goes well

what: hula and some over arm stretchy thingies, course stretching

why: 1st winter league fixture race tomorrow evening

last hard: sat

last rest ever since, so sensible

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Afternoon all,

ale: ouch!

RFJ: congrats on the silver

• What: Soggy Joggy
    • Why: old and fat
    • Last Hard: Today
    • Last Rest: Yesters

Have a good one!

• Afternoon

LMH: enjoy your run

ALehouse: How are you today that looks like a death trap

Oh: enjoy work and resting

Oliver: enjoy your run today

Dustin: Hope you feeling better nd can have some cake soon

Pammie: nice milesimage

Wabo: enjoy  your XC and hula hooping

RFJ: Congrats on your Silver anniversay

What Nothing

Why: still not right but hoping tomorrow will be the day

Last hard: admitting I am not well enough to run/resisting my homemade lemon curd

Have a great day

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Blimey, Ale! That looks like some random trap from an Indiana Jones movie image

Good luck racing, wabo.

em: nightmare! In a way I'm glad we don't have to do the drive thru Belgium and France anymore. That was never fun. Plus these days you never know if the Chunnel works or is full of renegade migrants image

Well, today seems to be another rest day. It's been chucking it down all day plus it's really windy. So I'm playing my "I just ran a marathon" trump card image there'll be enough horrendous days coming up when I have to run in wind, rain, hail and snow for the spring campaign.

Yum, lemon curd image  reminds me, I'm hungry again image

• Very sensible and oh so true chicksta.

Sorry you're still not right Poppy.

Looking forward to the race Wabo?

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Thanks for the conragts.... what is also frigtening is next year it will be 25 years since the Gulf War......

Ale, hope you are feeling better tonight, I know I ache after my falls and hope you get a decent response from the council.

Track session tonight before a big meal and some bubbly (track session was 6 x 800m and 6 x 100m)

Take care

• Decided not to look at Alehouse's photos as I'm going to bed now. The sympathies and the advice have been mentioned.

RFJ is it really 25 years since Gulf War? It's 33.5 years since the Falklands War/Conflict. That as raging when I was in my final year at Uni. I went there to join in with the rebuild just 2 years later.

Dustin - I'm watching you.

Me: managed to get a 6.6 mile trot around the hamster wheel. Quite good for 6.2 miles. Digestion issues for the final bit.