Wednesday 7th October 2015

Morning! 

Lyrics: I've been going out with a girl, 
Her name is...

A bit of a blast from my past!

So...

No internet from 3pm yesterday (Virgin told me it was localised flooding) but seems to be fine now, hence no report of sitting on the naughty step. First question was, "What would Ron do?" so that was all the questions out of the way and I ran an easy 20 minutes. Legs not too bad, all things considered, although right shoulder is particularly troublesome, and hence being up at this unearthly hour. 

Have contacted the council (thanks for the link, OL: got to the end of filling their form in to get an error message, so frustratingly had to find another route). And thanks for the "ouchs" etc! 

What: something short and easy again

Why: aches and pains! Had planned to have my first serious "speed" session today (well, half a session actually as a first step). That, of course, has been canned, as has my planned foray into cross country this Saturday. No doubt I will be available for parkrun instead.

Enjoy this evening, Wabo...and hope to hear of a niggle free Thursday!

Trust you get something gentle under your belt, WP: not too much too soon. And even if you just tick over until WSM you have plenty of good running under your belt. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Restless by The Bangles.

...........and if Ron jumped off a cliff Alehouse? Hope you recover more quickly than you're anticipating.

How are you today Poppy?

I think you can make the post marathon 'excuses' for a week if you want cjicksta.

Glad you made it home safely even if it took forever emzap.

What:        short and easy
    Why:         smt says legs are tight/race on Sunday
    Last hard:  deciding whether I want to run The Wall next year
    Last rest:   3/10

Lyrics - yes. I've had this one sung to me a fair bit over the years........

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: annual "darts match", AKA flu jag clinic

why: it's that time of year

last hard:Saturday

last rest: yesterday

lyrics: no (but I guessed the name correctly!)

• Morning all.

Watched the Cardiff half on iPlayer yesterday, Jess Coulson from Stockport Harriers came third elite female and first female Briton, nice to see a Stopfordian run well (71.36 I think her time was).  Of course, all the athletes performed well so was good to watch, think I'll put on the Great Scottish Run next. image

What: Easy 5 miles.
    Why: Because I said so. image
    Last Hard: 27/9.
    Last Rest: Monday.
    Lyrics: Yep, can even tell you the name of the moron in the song. image

AH: Good to hear you've got in touch with the council, and dropping down to easy runs, hope your shoulder soldiers on and gets better.
    LMH: Enjoy your run, hope the legs ease up.  And in the immortal words of Dale Winton, 'bring on the wall.'  From what I've seen of it (i.e. the bright, shiny, scenic pictures in RW), it looks great. image
    OH: As long as you don't get a Bullseye, or anybody's eye, lest Jim Bowen pop up to offer you a caravan.
    Dustin: Hope club night went well; on subject of running and cake, my best parkrun times oft occur following the promise of cake at the finish line. image
    Pammie: Well done on over 2 miles, glad to hear it was easier than the previous run.
    Emzap: Thanks, I feel a career as a Medallist awaits me.  I think over 9 hours in a car counts for something surely...
    Wabo: Best of luck for the race tonight, perhaps you could do it whilst simultaneously hula hooping, sure there's some form of record to be beat there.
    Rocky: Hope the jog went well, if not wet.
    WP: Hope you feel good enough to run today, though must condemn your decision to resist the lemon curd. image
    Chicksta: Aha, as good a time to play the 'Ran a Marathon Card' as any. image
    RFJ: Congratulations on the anniversary, hope the meal was nice. image
    Blisters: Nice on the 6.6 miles, though I trust you weren't racing any hamsters. image
    Anybody Else: Hello image

Think that's everybody, s'pose I best stop typing and start running.  S'laters. image

Have a good day. image
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lost my post!!

Poppy hope you're getting better 

Oliver I was just about t o say I love your 'shoulder soldiers on'

alehouse you sound sensible

lmh you make me have to google the lyrics!

Aha - Oliver a nice clue to the lyrics..... enjoy your run

thanks for all the wishes for the race, I feel chilled tbh

What: tai chi done and a spider man plank for 2 mins, race tonight!

why: 1st of the season - it won't be a pb but I'm looking forward to it

last hard: saturday (I've been a good girl)

last rest: all day since

tonight's race is at Hog Hill cycle circuit, 4 times up the hill.....

let you know how it goes

Have a lovely day all!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning

Oliver: I love your posts so wittyimage and I get to catch up on what everyone has been doingimageHave a great run today and glad you liked the Cardiff half Dewi came second British and first WelshmanimageI must look at Scottish run on iplayerimage

LMH:Hope run goes well....is the Wall calling to youimage

Chick: You can pull that card for at least 2 weeksimage

Wabo: Hope race goes to planimage

Alehouse: Hope you are feeling better today

OH: Are you tapering? enjoy the darts today on that note I must book my Flu jab soon.They usually do it when I have my PA jab

I am feeling much better  around 80% thank youimage so alarm clock set for 6am usually 5am but I rolled back to sleep then got up at 6.45am thought I am going for a run today so got hubby's breakfast ready and off I go.......

What: a run

Why: because I canimage

Last hard: all week

Lyrics: yes

5.5 miles legs felt heavy and body aching but to be expected then last mile knee kept going from under me so stopped stretched /did knee exercises and got back home no idea why the knee problem but hope it goes away.

Anyway I have runimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Glad you were able to get out Poppy.

Race well Wabo.

Oliver - legs definitely feel better for yesterday's torture thank you. Have you another race on the horizon?

Grace and I set off for our morning walk and it was dry and mild then the forecast 'light rain' arrived - but someone had forgotten to tell it it was supposed to be 'light' and we both got rather wet. I thought I was looking at another soaking on my run but somehow managed to run five miles in the dry - result.

'Enjoy' OH. I still refuse to have a flu jab.

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: something when I get home
    Why: haven't run since Saturday
    Last hard: Monday
    Lyrics: nope

Well done for getting out Poppy and glad you're feeling ok Ale.
    Chick I'm sure the marathon card can last a bit longer, at least a week or 2.

Have a good day all.

• Afternoon all,

Lyrics yes. A blast from my past too. And I recently saw the artist in his current incarnation.

• What:  Getting wet intentionally
    • Why: Old & fat
    • Last Hard: Today 
    • Last Rest: Monday

Have a good one!

• Afternoon!

What: an "easy" 20 minutes...only it wasn't really as I feel a bit bruised all over! Light rain, following a morning's work. 

Why: metal spike sticking out of the ground. Talking of which, a brief reply from Stockport Council: "details have been referred across to the Public Realm Inspector who will investigate within the next 5 working days".

Good that you could get out, WP, but tale it easy: I always prefer to ease myself back in with 20 to 30 minutes of easy running.

OL: seen Gordon lately? And funnily enough wonder if my daughter has seen Jess C recently: they used to be quite friendly when they were both on the same county hockey team.

LMH: point taken about the cliff!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Old and fat here too, know how a racehorse feels like  carrying top weight

What: 2.67 miles
    Why: No. 7
    Last hard still hard but getting less
    Lyrics No

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon
    Ron's plan is, in basic terms, stupid. A mile on crutches after surgery, begs the question, why? I'd not think a coach in the world would support that idea.
    what - easy run later
    why - I can feel Blisters' gaze
    last rest - Saturday
    last hard - Sunday
    Did club it last night, 3x1 mile with 300m recovery. No more than 'moderate tempo' pace for me. Enough to turn the legs, not enough to hurt.
    Appetite back, stomach back to normal. Donut shop profits up.
    Lyric - yep, now I'm showing my age too....

• what on earth is a "public realm inspector" when it's at home image?

3 miles jogged today. Normality is restored image  slightly niggly left hammy but nothing I can't sort with a bit of painful trigger point release caused by my orange spiky ball image

Keep going, Pammie image

Great you managed a run, poppy

Best of luck for tonight, wabo

what: see above - 3 easy miles
    why: I'm a runner
    last hard: having to bottle it on Sunday
    last rest: yesterday
    lyrics: no

• I can just imagine what you'd say to me in the circumstances Alehouse image

Glad to hear normality is restored Dustin.

chicksta I think 'bottle it' should be replaced by'successfully stuck to my plan'!

• Of course, LMH: do as I say not as I do! image

Yes, Chick, I wondered what a "Public Realm Inspector" is, also! And on re-reading the email have now discovered that the reply, whilst addressed to me, later refers to a complaint about dustbins from someone of a completely different name and address! So a further complaint has been made as I am sure that I shouldn't be receiving the personal details of someone else, if, indeed, full name, address and email is considered to be a personal detail these days!

Dustin: yes, there is more than an element of stupidity in running every day for 50 years. Probably harmless to the rest of us though! We just shake our heads and smile! When I did a streak of around 11 years I did have the common sense not to run with broken bones in my foot. Broken ribs was a different matter!

• 129 right arm swings done image

• Work on your left arm tomorrow, then, OHimage

By the way, today's artist has converted the church on Rousay into a recording studio, plus self-catering accommodation. Almost a neighbour!

• Interesting (But still never heard of him)

• AH: Gordon's good. image  I actually have an uncle called Gordon, hence how I came to know the song. image

Chicksta: A Public Realm Inspector at home would be a Private Realm Inspector, or a trespasser, depending on whose house he or she is at. image

LMH: A few races forthcoming: Great South Run (Oct. 25th); Stockport 10 (Dec. 6th); I think there's a Stockport trail half marathon in February, which I may enter; and Greater Manchester Marathon (April 10th). image

Have a good day. image
  • I've been going out with a girl, her name is Little Miss Happy?
    Annoyingly I had to Google the lyrics before the D'oh realisation. What a m...

Wifey away, taxi duty for Small One (who isn't small), Bake Off, and er, that's it.

Who would want a job as the Public Realm Inspector (for the) Council (of) Kirklees?
    You'd have to just use the initials.
    Which reminds me. I once applied for a job as the Assistant Resident Site Engineer. I didn't get it. But I did work for a chap who was a Business Unit Manager. And he was a right one. He though that he was Group Operations Director.

• Very good Blisters, blows my dream of becoming a Budding Applicant for Scientific Testing And Research & Development out of the water (best I could think of). image

Have a good day. image