Sunday 25th October 2015

Morning all,

What: probably nothing but hanging out with my nephews

Why: agony of the foot. Imagine a nasty verruca with a blister under it! disgusting disgusting.

Lyrics yesterday- ed Sheeran 'wake me up'

Lyrics today: 'I'm in California dreaming of who we used to be'- new song by someone I absolutely love!!

Hope everyone's training days are better than mine!

OH- Great running !!!

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning!

What: sightseeing tour of Frankfurt on foot

Why: isn't it the best way to see a city

Last hard: sleeping. I woke up at 3am (new time, managed to doze on and off since then)

Lyrics: nope

Got a message to say my friend who was going to look after my luggage wasn't going to make it in time so at 4am checked whether my luggage could fit into the official starting bag. Luckily it does so I don't need to worry about luggage storage.

Course looks good, bands ever 2-3 km throughout so should be a great atmosphere.

OL have a great race!

Everyone else enjoy your Sunday and your extra hour in bed
  • Morning.

Have a good one emzap.

Dibs - if your race isn't until May letting it heel properly and taking a few days off is not going to be an issue.

Glad conditions weren't as bad as it looked like they may be OH. I'm sure the gift of the coaster would be appreciated.

Everything in good working order Donaldo?

Enjoying the spa Blisters?

They should have read the rules Alehouse.

What:               short easy run
    Why:                taper and working off some of last night's Indian
    Last hard:         sleeping ( the cough has been replaced by snoring)
    Last rest:          16/10

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • May is my A race, I was planning on entering some others to. I think the soonest is December. Oly distance. We shall see
  • Morning!

Lyrics: am sure I've heard these recently. So that's a no.

Hope Emz and OL send us positive race reports!

What: about 40 minutes 

Why: sounds about right for today!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • What: Conwy food festival with daughter then back to Stockport (dad back in hospital)

why: why not

last hard: Bwlch Y Groes (21.9 miles in)

last rest: Friday

lyrics: as usual no

• Sorry to hear about dad, OH

LMH: did you enter Brass Monkey? All the entries went in 80 minutes yesterday morning!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Well done on the run OH, hope your Dad is ok.

Looking forward to hearing emzap's and OL's race reports.

Dibs - I feel your pain, had to go on college Geography field trip (lots of hiking up mountains) the day after I had mine zapped - 30 years ago but I still remember itimage

What: Nothing

Why: Need to listen to my body (and busy with work/DIY/taxi service for kids)

Last hard: Today image

Mileage this week was 31.78 which was surprisingly easy to get done - benefits of running around 60-90 seconds slower that I use to. Doh!

• Last time I looked at the Knavesmere Harriers website (second week in October) it said that entries would be opening at the end of September Alehouse - hadn't checked in the last day or two so guess that's one I won't be doing? I wonder how people knew it had opened?

Sorry to hear about your dad OH. Slow is the way to go Kentish!

If May is your A race Dibs you want to be building a nice base now. Any racing you do should be for fun. Or you could forget about the 70.3 for now, do some shorter/faster stuff to race a couple of Oly's between now and the end of January then change your focus to the 70.3 and train longer - depending on what your weaknesses are.

6 miles with company this morning which was nice but my Garmin is playing up now - I hate it when it doesn't work.

• Morning again!

LMH: someone mentioned yesterday that it must be time for Brass Monkey to open. Little did we realise it had just closed! So I won't be doing it either! Not that I would have done, of course!

Kentish: slow is the new fast! Try and keep the consistency!

What: 7.5k off road. Greasy mud!

Why: off road where possible. Gentle, usually. Today certainly was and the legs will hopefully be grateful. 71.53k for the week, the highest of the year. 44.45 miles. Next week will be an easier one! Need to be cautious!

Have now run 1954k this year: the year of my birth!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Good week alehouse!

Dibs - ouch!!!

Go emzap!

LMH - yes, everything good.  I have been using ice on my knee and it seems to be making a difference.  My plantar has returned after running in spikes yesterday so it's off to the running store for some trail shoes this afternoon.  Don't want it to become an issue again.  

10 miles today in about 72:30, including the 1st ever Zombies Run virtual race, when everyone on the app does a 10K or 5K 'race' over the course of the week and we all compare our times.  They even sent a medal And a tea towel with hints on how to kill zombies in it.  Not your everyday goody bag! 

Lyrics, nope.

• Afternoon all,

I didn't write these lyrics image

emz:  go be awesome

• What: Very short very slow distance
    • Why: I used to be awesome
    • Last Hard: Today
    • Last Rest: Yesterday

Have a good one!

• Well done Emz! Hope you are pleased! image

Just saw the result on the Frankfurt site! A guy I used to coach made his marathon debut: 2:34 so will be bitterly disappointed!

Strange race, Don!!

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

OH Hope dad is ok

Don have seen these races advertised

LMH/Ale someone mentioned BM the other day they were in a queue for entries. One race thats on my bucket list

Decided to try a bit longer today route i had in mind was to be in the region of 4+ miles thought i could easily do that and if i walked in the last mile so be it

What: 4.38 miles
    Why: Le Streak
    Last Hard: the hills
    Lyrics: No

I have though broken the golden 10% rule  image

14.8 miles last week. 18.3 this week image

• Don: sorry, I lost you image never killed any zombies on my runs before. I saw a dead raccoon though image

Sounds like em had a good race image

Nice mileage, ale. Why would anyone be disappointed with a 2:34 marathon debut image??

LMH: Hope your Garmin will come back to its senses. Bit annoying about Brass image

Kentish: slow mileage rocks. You can do a lot more volume without the injuries that go hand in hand with speed work.

What: 12.5 miles
    Why: nice day for it
    Last hard: trying to pronounce Bwlch Y Groes image
    Last rest: Thursday
    Lyrics: no

• xpost Pammie: you're doing great! Keep going image

• I can't imagine being disappointed with a 2.34 marathon debut either - different league.

Great going Pammie - the body will do what the mind tells it.

Good news Donaldo.

Any races planned chicksta?

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

OH hope Dad is OK

Well done Don, does sound a little strange image

No stragneness on my race today, Water of Life Half at Bisham Abbey and out and back along the Thames, lovely day and a lovelycourse. Some dodgey and slippery bridges and tree roots to negotiate, but I stayed on my feet.

Plan was to start easyish (1st three miles in 7:32 / 7:39 / 7:45) so that was achieved, with loads of peeps passing me in the first mile.... that was the last time I was overtaken at about 1200 meters in to the race.

I then just decided to run steady from there and use the course to my advantage, 7:18 / 7:25 / 7:16 and hit half way at 48:45.

The turn round point was a two mile loop 7:11 / 7:28 / 7:13 / 7:18 / 7:29 / 7:23 / 6:57 and a finish in 1:36:07 for 25th place from 183.

the 2-3 miles and 11-12 miles had the bridges

Felt good and enjoyed the race (training run) nice medal and t-shirt too.

Great morning.

Take care and yers to the Lyrics (I think)

• Hey Pammie!  You're doing more miles than me image  Probably faster too image

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well I did it. No goal time in mind as I want sure how leg would respond. Turns out not so well. Had 2 moments if such excruciating pain I was nearly in tears. More tomorrow but finished in 4:29:xx. Managed a sprint finish too, amazing what a good painkiller endorphins are!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

afternoon everyone

Well done OH, but sorry to hear about your Dad
    Don - good work with your race
    RFJ - likewise (and yesterday with the PR)
    Emz - Excellent! well done!

What - busy weekend with Brother/Sis in law over
    But Friday 14.25 miles then awards night
    Saturday - 6m or so along the Thames. New route, eldest playing hockey for Reading so had 45 mins to kill before the match started, out and back along the path from Sonning. Nice and quiet but a bit slippy for road shoes.
    3-1 win and played well after 2 tough days training at Loughborough.
    Today - About 12 miles all off road, gloriously sunny but a bit fresh

last rest - 3 weeks
    last hard - Friday

Enjoy what's left of the weekend

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

I doubt it Rocky - i'm running 11 minute  miles due to carrying an extra 2 stone

emzap well done Great time

Little M.iss Happy wrote (see)

Great going Pammie - the body will do what the mind tells it.

Fab quote like that one.

• Dad has had incredible turn around and is back home now image I am now in HM  too.

Chicksta: Welsh pronunciation is difficult even for those brought up in the adjacent country. W is equivalent to English u, in both long and short forms, in this case like u in hut. Ch is as in Scottish loch, not as in church. Y is short I. Final s is closer to z than a soft s. Literally - pass (col) of the cross

still a very acceptable result emzap image

I agree, being disappointed with a 2h34 marathon debut is unreal

• Good news re dad, OH

Will discuss marathon times at some point!

• Hey all, well done on all who raced, will read up in due course. image

What: Great South Run: Finished in 1.08:36; started near the back so was weaving in and out throughout until the 8-9 mile mark.  But did manage a negative split with over 35 mins clocked in at the 5 mile mark, so happy with that.  Hope to improve the time in the Stockport 10 in December, I think it's doable. image
    Why: Didn't want to waste £40-odd on a race not to do it. image
    Last Hard: Probably still 27/9, my legs will adduce in the morning.
    Last Rest: Friday.
    Lyrics: Of course not.

S'laters. image

Have a good day. image
  • Well done OL! More to come!