Run Dorset - Christchurch 10k

I measured this on my garmin which has been accurate on all other runs and agreed with chip times, the official timings were way off mine and my running partners.
Did anyone else measure the distance as my recording was 13.5 miles?
No chip made the race times really bad for those who started at the back and not at the front of the pack even though my Garmin comforted me with what I consider more accurate results.

Comments

• Do you really mean 13.5 miles?

13.5 miles is 21.7km, and I very much doubt that they'd accidentally make the route twice as long as it's supposed to be, people would notice and probably say words like "bother".

Either you're confused about units, or you've had one of those episodes where your Garmin has gone a little special. I could be wrong, they could have accidentally doubled the distance, but it seems likely that the brighter runners would notice.

I don't know how accurate or inaccurate the course was, but I'm willing to bet that it's more accurate than you image

• Yes I do mean 13.5 but it was the half marathon not the 10k I'm referring to. Thanks for your very sarcastic reply though - happy running

• Aaaand the toys sail out of the pram, delightful, the crowd goes wild.

By posting about an event called "Run Dorset - Christchurch 10k" on here, you created a thread called "Run Dorset - Christchurch 10k". You didn't actually mention the half marathon, or the fact that there was one at an event billed on here as (let us refresh our memories) "Run Dorset - Christchurch 10k", so short of actual mind reading, it's unclear what you expected from your adoring readership.

D- for effort

Edit:

It gets better, you like to do your crazed ranting in private, unlike the rest of us:

"Sarcastic and rude reply! 

Im not stupid, far from it, on the 18th they did a fun run, a 10k and a half marathon. 

Clearly I'm referring to the half marathon.

The link to my comment doesn't show that but I thought any "bright" readers would realise that instead of making nasty assumptions and then trying to ridicule someone. I was looking for some genuine response not an idiot with nothing better to do than try to put someone down. 

There is a saying, blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours shine any brighter. Please don't reply as I can't be bothered with time wasters like you."

B+ for histrionics image

• One extreme to the other, the Verwood race these guys put on was short!

• I used my garmin for the great south yesterday and it was spot on, so I think I will trust that as opposed to the run dorset timings as it's never ebbs run before. Interesting you had a short one at Verwood, someone that I ran with yesterday said that you can clock up extra if you don't run the " line" by which they meant the shortest cuts so I'm going to bear that it mind. 

As for you kattefjaes you need to get a life, try and write a forum linked to this event and it comes up with that title, troll with someone else you're boring me. 

• RCCRCC ✭✭

I also ran the Half Marathon and actually ran 13.82 Miles. So you must have cut a couple of corners image