Starting again from the beginning!

1263264265266267269»

Comments

• Hello Just Run and Debbie,

Thanks for the replies - I have finally decided to take the plunge and start tonight!

Just Run - thanks for the advice - think i'll make an attempt at an easy run and see how much my unfit body complains!

Debbie - your dog sounds like the perfect running companion! If my two weren't in their OAP years i'd take them out with me!

x

• Love watching mountain running on tv 330. Very inspiring.

Hope your run went well Naomi?

Went for a lovely run around town this evening with Mrs JR. 5.15 miles including a decent hill.

Oct - 49.55

2015 - 860.11

• Lovely run around Grizzly territory this morning with Axe Valley Runners. 7.16 miles with 1300ft of climb. Phew!!!

Nov - 7.16

2015 - 867.27

• Comeback started, 2 runs this week 3.66 each same route, boring I know but just great to be pack.

PF still not 100% gone but still stretching etc, just great to be back on the road. Nice to see you with a club JR

• Not with a club 330, just a training run where anyone is welcome. 

Keep that stretching going.

5.2 miles tonight while my daughter was rugby training. Very mild out.

Nov - 12.36

2015 - 872.47

• On for 1000 for calender year mate
  • That's the BIG target 330. Had a really tight calf last Sunday which had me limping a  bit for 48 hours. It's now completely back to normal image. Lovely little 5k with Mrs JR after work today. 

Nov - 15.46

2015 - 875.57

• 9 miles this morning along the country lanes. Surprising how noisy it it this time of year. The wind, rain, birds and other animals leaving me wondering why the hell some people listen to music around such an area when they run.

Nov - 24.46

2015 - 884.57

• Very dark 5k after work tonight, couldn't find my head torch and Mrs JRs is like carrying a candle...

Nov - 27.56

2015 - 887.67

• Just shy of 5 miles, a quality rather than quantity workout this evening. One long climb followed by an incredibly steep one before descending back to the start. A tough loop. Took my new head torch this evening, a Silva Tail Runner II. What a fantastic bit of kit. The lanes were alive with light. Cost £39.99 which is a lot steeper than my old Alpkit torch but i'll use it 2/3 times a week over the winter so it won't sit idle.

Nov - 32.29

2015 - 892.40

• Doing well JR

Struggling a bit here, injury still not 100% so taking it easy. So bloody frustrating though after good July - September

• Over a week since my last run. Partly due to being busy, three young children with a hundred clubs to attend and not always possible to be running while they're there. Work's been very busy too so just the cycling to and fro for me. 

Anyway, finally got out this afternoon for 5k with Mrs JR, tempted to go further but i'll save that for Sunday which should see me pass 900 miles, about 250 miles further than my previous best.

Nov - 35.39

2015 - 895.50

• That's brilliant JR. Funnily enough this is also my best year for 5 years by some way already !!

No run today as been out 2 days running (no pun intended) and don't want to push it but hopefully out tomorrow. Went through a few days there questioning why I run thinking it was futile waste of time and could start the easy life now im a granddad

But last 2 days enthusiasm came back with a bang im all "lets get the miles in - log more miles - let get out there - sign up for races - I can do another marathon" !!!! (also want to keep fit don't want to end up some old geezer wheezing for breath walking down the road) But at the moment I cant run the length of myself !!! Still, signed up for a half in March next year and aiming to knock 5+ mins off 2:13 I got at this years GSR. Do GSR again hoping to push 2:05 there and see where I am.

If I feel I can do another marathon it will be the Loch Ness in 2017 althougfh will apply for London as well. Theres a 33 mile Ultra I fancy as well but that's a pipedream (or is it?)

Considering I have not had a running partner for 5 years I think I am doing well. Would join the local club but cant get back from work in time for the meets. Was speaking to a girl who had got her certificate from the The World Majors team as she completed all 6 now (not all in same year) and I was so envious. If I was single I would be having some of that

At the moment I am Mr enthusiastic just love this sport. Sorry not been about much but aim to be on more - so hit the tarmac (not literally) and get the miles in !!!!imageimage

• Since last post done a 4.2 and a 3.59, feeling better injury easing

Nov - 29.46

2015 - 532.36

• Glad to hear injury easing 330. 

Just shy of 5 miles tonight. Knocked over a minute off my route pb. A tough route with just under 500 feet of climb. Felt good. Finally passed 900 miles.

Nov - 44.10 

2015 - 904.21

• 6+ miles with Mrs JR after work today. Nice and easy along the canal.

Nov - 50.17 

2015 - 910.28

• Well 1st December. I definitely wont be getting 800 for the year so will settle for another 68 to make 600 even that will be tough as have bloody cold now!
  • Sorry to hear you're not going to hit your target 330. Always next year though, don't want to hit everything in one year, there'd be an excuse to stop!

Didn't run last night as it was getting on by the time Mrs JR was home so went tonight and did just over 10k. Settle for that and a pb around the loop too.

Dec - 6.34

2015 - 916.62

• Lovely run with Mrs JR around the lanes after work. One or two hills image

Dec - 10.48

2015 - 920.76

• Just 4.28 for me today, first run since last Weds due to a cold

• Had a little setback with a bad shoulder forcing me to miss Sundays run. Was still sore at work today and not sure what i've done to it but it's better when i'm mobile so I went for a run round town tonight. Probably pay for it in the morning but what the hell. 

Dec - 15.58

2015 - 925.86

• Hope alls well with the shoulder JR

Been out Monday and Tuesday. Need another 50.88 for 600 for year. As my son and his girlfriend are up for xmas with my granddaughter from London on 23rd need to get them in before then as unsure if I will get out over xmas period

• 5.5 miles last night. Legs tired but took it very easy. Chipping away at the 1000 mile target, you never know.

Dec - 28.08

2015 - 938.36

• Another 5 in 43:00. Felt harder than it should have but so glad I went.

Dec - 33.09

2015 - 943.37

• 6.91 Sunday & 5 today.

Dec - 45

2015 - 955.28

• Lovely to see the thread is still going strong, hope you all have a brilliant christmas and a great new year - 

2015 - 1303

• Happy New Year one and all.

I'm going to split my training again in 2016.

10k booked for Easter Sunday and a 100 mile cycle ride round the coast of East Anglia in June.

Targets for 2016:

Running 365 miles

Cycling 1500 miles

• Happy New Year to you Grendel and Beachball. image

I won't be on this thread now as it's a little lonely these days! I'll be on the 1000 miles in 2016 thread should anyone wish to join me. Have a good one.