Options

No Strictly this year

Comments

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Either he hates it so much he takes himself off to the garage for a turbo session while it's on, or he loves it so much he sets the turbo up in front of the TV.

• Options

Better than strictly, what about Pirate Ship of Fools choir to have a go at the Naked Choir next year? We could do sea shanties, a choral version of Pirates of the Caribean, what about Queens bicycle song? We'd never get a Pirate on Strictly but the choir! Bet we've got a musical director amongst the crew!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Kirsty's make up made her look really pissed off at the judges remarks and being in the bottom two etc image

• Options

Pardon Willie - now be careful, somebody may introduce a Pirate week for Strictly. People would have to dance with a wooden leg and a parrot on their shoulder, having drunk half a bottle of rum.  Mind you there is probably a market for that sort of show image

• Options

Ok this week' dances

Anita and Gleb are Jiving to ‘The Boy Does Nothing’ by former Strictly winner Alesha Dixon.

This could be good. Anita is proving to be a real competitor. Jive never easy but I think she might be good at this. Music should suit as well.

Carol and Pasha dance the American Smooth to ‘Man! I feel Like a Woman’ by Shania Twain.

Well, This is one that Carol needs to perform well. No real excuses on this one. Like the music as well.

Georgia and Giovanni dance the Samba to ‘Volare’ by The Gipsy Kings

Samba has been a bit of a problem this year but I would think they should be fine with this. Georgia made a big step up last week, Need to maintain that presence..

Helen and Aljaz will Rumba to ‘Hello” by Adele.

Well the music could suit but it is Rumba (the dance of Death). Can be slightly easier for a female celeb.  If she does this well then will be a major contendor. Suspect it might be mid table though but then I hate the Rumba.

Jamelia and Tristan perform the Viennese Waltz to ‘Trouble’ by Ray LaMontagne.

She should be able to do this reasonably well although it is a spinning dance and not sure that is a particular strength.

Jay and Aliona perform the Argentine Tango to ‘Diferente’ by The Gotan Project.

First Argie of the season and I think this could be good. Very good actually.

Jeremy and Karen are dancing the Tango to ’Go West’ by The Village People.

Um, Jeremy may struggle with this. He is gangly and maintaining frame and doing all the staccato stuff may be a struggle. Also it is a serious dance so less opportunity to show a fun side. This could be a Dance off territory.

Katie and Anton will Quickstep to ‘42nd Street’ from the musical 42nd Street.

Right this is bang smack in Anton t

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Bottom two this week: Jamelia & Carol?

• Options

I can only assume Willie is turbo'ing til Saturday night ? 

• Options

What does Jay have to do to please the judges? That AT was fab. I also loved Jeremy. Great choice of music, I laughed loudly. Carol to go please. 

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

I think it will be Carol in the bottom two.  I wouldn't be surprised if Jamelia gets the bottom two bounce this week and we will have someone else in!  

• Options

Mmmm Claudia is looking a little wild 

• Options

Anita - great Jive, Actually thought the kicks could have been a bit sharper but it was fast and good. 

Carol - well wasn't great especially the lifts but not a disaster. Was definitely worst dance of the evening though and not surprise she was finally in the dance off and indeed gone.

Peter - Well I said the Charleston could go either way for Peter and he owned it with some great choregraphy as well. The judges enthused over him stepping up as well. I wait to be convinced. He certainly made an impression this week but is that a breakthrough like Georgie or was that just his dance. Will be interesting to see how next week goes.

Georgia - the girl has definitely improved and maintained. This was a really good Samba,

Helen - Rumba (the dance of death). Still go get this dance(have I mentioned that before? image). However thought this was pretty good for a Rumba and indeed 31 is a good score for this dance. I did agree with Len a bit thought. However it left her mid table and was almost convinced she would suffer the mid-table curse and be in the dance off which would have been a shock.

Jamelia - yes ok. Deserved to avoid the dance off this week but still towards the bottom and coming in range of the dance off for the right reasons. Topsec spot on with the voting bounce for her though.

Jay - yes good and the mood was there but have to say I agreed with Craig! All the Gouchos seemed to be coming from Aliona and I thought she could have given Jay more. I am sure he could have done it but I think Aliona missed a trick. Nonetheless it was a good dance but perhaps I had expected more.

Jeremy - I thought he might struggle and he did but how the heck you were supposed to Tango to that music I have no idea. I didn't think it was as big a disaster as Bruno did and I suspect most of the audience didn't so Bruno's comments no doubt got him votes!

Katie- actually I didn't think this was as bad as the judges did either. OK there were quite a few mistakes but fast and not that bad. Again the audience probably agreed and voted.

Kellie - well that was a pretty good waltz. So an audible shock in the audience when she was in the dance off. However she was mid table type area so again she was potentially at risk although as I said above, I pretty much had money on Helen being there. So much so that I thought Helen may well be in there also and that would have been the first controversy of the year if those two had been in. Would have been very difficult for the judges as well.  Fortunately she got Carol and so the dance off was a foregone conclusion.

However we are definitely reaching the stage where a good dancer could go. So far nobody who has gone was a contender for the final, even if you thought the order was slightly wrong no real issues with the leavers.

Clearly Jeremy is now the worst, although he does give it a go and Jamelia is not final material. I think I finally have to say that about Katie was well. 

The other six though are all final capable not and it will be interesting to see how it pans out. My early prediction was Jay, Helen and Kellie. However always liked Anita and she could be there and Georgia made the extra step as well. Not been convinced by Peter but if he can repeat this week then he is a possible as well.

So Jeremy or Jamelia or possibly Katie should go this coming week but let's see how they do.

• Options

Carol - is that arm between the legs lift at the end of her routine a normal lift? I've never noticed anyone lifted like that before and it looked a bit wrong.

It was time for her to go though.

Always like the AT best when the dancers manage to generate some really sexual tension and don't think Jay quite managed it but still good.

It's obvious that there are 6 couples who are better than the rest which leaves the remaining 3 in a popularity scrap - I think Jamelia would have been better saving her dead cat bounce for next week so think Jamelia and Katie in bottom two this week and Jezza to dance at the Tower.

• Options

Finally managed to watch the main show last night, on fast forward!! 

So, dance of the night for me was Jay and Aliona.  Yes, I agree he needs to be more expressive but I think he's concentrating that hard on what his body is doing that he forgets to include his face.  I can forgive him that though as technically it was fan-bloody-tastic.  Going to watch it again tonight!

Thought Jamelia did a great job - pleased for her that she wasn't in the dance off for a change.

Helen - still not convinced.  Thought the dance was good, but for some reason she just cannot bend her legs and get the hip movement - she's like a spindly legged little show pony - they don't bend their knees much either!! Problem is, she is a great dancer but I still just cannot warm to her.

Anita - good jive, but a bit off the boil for me.  The timing just didn't seem quite right and I agree with Brooks - the kicks could have been sharper.  Seemed a tad laboured at times.

Georgia - Lots of mistakes and waiting for Giovanni to lead her into the next bit.  For the first time I thought she looked very unsure of what she was supposed to be doing.  However, the bits she did remember to do were brilliant.  Shame as I really like Georgia and think she is a great dancer.

Kellie - nice waltz, but didn't blow me away.  That's all I have to say about that... image

Peter - still not sure if I like him but can't take it away from him that this was a fantastic charleston.

Katie - I actually really enjoyed watching this, thought they did a great job.  Ok, she messed up some footwork, but definitely her best dance so far for me.

Carol - really bad.  It just looked half hearted and like she'd just given up.  And yes, I was surprised too re the arm placement on the last lift.......

Jeremy - so bad I couldn't bear to watch it.  I like Jeremy, think he's a lovely bloke, but it just made me cringe.

• Options

Even on fast forward you came up with that analysis ?  (Why ?)

• Options

Lol - I watched all the dancing - it was just the other stuff I fast forwarded.  image

• Options

This week's dances are:

Anita and Gleb will be performing the Quickstep to ‘Don't Get Me Wrong’ by The Pretenders.  Ok should be good and music may be OK

Georgia and Giovanni will be dancing the Charleston to ‘Hot Honey Rag' from Chicago.  Again I would think they will do this well. Might depend how well Gio choreographs though.

Helen and Alja?? will be performing the Tango to 'Hold Back The River' by James Bay.  I would think they will be good again. Not sure about the music for a tango though.

Jamelia and Tristan will be performing the Samba to ‘A Little Respect’ by Erasure.

Um, actually you would have thought Jamelia would be good at Latin but hasn't worked out that way so far. this might be a problem for her but let's see.

Jay and Aliona will be dancing the Foxtrot ‘Lay Me Down’ by Sam Smith.

I would think this would be good but Jay did make a bit of a hash of the Quickstep. However suspect that was a bit of a one-off

Jeremy and Karen will be performing the Quickstep to ‘Going Underground’ by The Jam.

Well let's see what they manage. Jeremy going quick could be an issue!  However great music for this. Might be wasted on Jeremy unfortunately.

Katie and Anton will be dancing the Rumba to ‘Never Never Never' by Shirley Bassey.

Oh dear the dance of death and just at the point when she was at a vulnerable point in the competition. Slow but still a Latin. This could be curtains for Katie. Certainly a favourite for the dance-off for me.

Kellie and Kevin will be performing the Samba to ‘Boom Shake The Room’ by Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.

I think Kellie will be OK with this. Samba's have proved difficult this series but I am sure Kevin will put a good routine toge

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭

Hmmm, there's some dreadful music this week!?  That could be a killer for some of the bottom two candidates!  Was quite a shock with K&K last week eh?  I do think that was a people assuming they were safe scenario.

Interesting bit on ITT with Karen and how she spotted a wrong arm movement with Georgia and Giovanni, they slowed it down to show us - it just goes to show how eagle eyed the judges must be?!

Bottom two: Jamelia, she's had her DCB and I can't see a Samba working to "A little respect"??  Actually I'm only going to go for a bottom one as I can't guess the other, Jeremy is massively popular and I think they can really play up on the entertainment factor with a Tango so I can see him sailing through.  The odds really should say Anton & Katie but I think they will survive too so I'm really stuck.  We're now getting to the point where it is becoming anybody's time to go.

Anyone else on here not really getting all the Jay adoration??  Great dancer but leaves me cold ...

• Options

Anita - enjoyed this and thought it was good although Darcey's point on the feet not coming together was well made. Ended up mid-table.

Georgia - yes this was good. Very traditional Chicago 20s Charleston but very well done and Georgia has added the something extra I thought she was missing early on. Bruno made the same point, Now a definite contender

Helen - well rubbish music for a Tango but especially given that the Tango was good and had a lot of steps in.

Jamelia - Well I thought this might be a problem and frankly wasn;t great. She got hip movement but that was about it. Rightly in penultimate place and in the dance off.  Music wasn't great again though for a Samba.

Jeremy - Well it was rightly bottom and I have to say I did think that Craig's Dressage comment was right. He did look like a pony trotting!  Also the bit when he kicked the legs up was straight out of John Cleese Ministry of Silly walks. However that is mainly because he is so lanky and he can't do much about that. I still maintain he has done a lot better than a Widdicombe or a Sergeant. He has taken the dances on with proper steps, he does generally keep to the beat and he has never gone wrong. He just isn't really built to be a dancer. Rightly bottom but not a disgrace.  Music was great for this one.

Katie - well it was the dance of death and although I never get it, this wasn't bad  for a Rumba. Leg talked about an Ieda (not sure on spelling) and although I didn't know the name I had spotted the step because it did stand out and hadn't seen that before so fair dues to Anton he have it some content and she danced it. Was mid-table but definitely deserved to stay with that performance of that dance. Rumba is always a risk and well done to her

Kellie - well the music was awful, I am in the Len and Craig camp in that I can't stand it. I accept it probably has it's place but that isn't in a ballroom!  Given the awful music, Kevin is just a star on the choreography ranks. How he got a Samba out of that I will never know but he did and Kellie danced it well. I almost put the TV on mute to watch it!  I also though that it might grate with a lot of viewers and she might not get votes but she got through. They definitely created a silk pure out of a pig's ear on that one but somebody needs to sort the music choices out, That was completely ridiculous.

Peter - OK good I don't dislike him but don't really like his dancing though. Not sure why. The Charleston was good last week, this was Ok as well but ....

Jay - I thought this was pretty good. Yes there was a stumble but mistakes happen and he didn't land flat on his face. He was scored quite low but actually thought that would save him as people would realize he would need votes. The mid table people are always more at risk.

So it was Jamelia and Jeremy in the dance off which was right and of course Jeremy to go. I think it was a slight shame that he didn't make it to Blackpool because he adds something and that would have been an appropriate end of the road. I actually hoped he wasn't going to be in the dance off because anybody else would have beaten Jamelia.

She clearly is the big favourite to go next week. Katie is the only one that might perform worse but she has an American Smooth ballroom in Blackpool with Anton and I think she will be OK.

Assuming Jamelia does go then we are at the business end. Katie is inconsistent and therefore won't get to the final in my opinion but could have some good weeks. The other six are all good and I think you really could perm any three from them for the final. So it will get competitive and small mistakes will then really count.

• Options
    Brooks the beast wrote (see)

Leg talked about an Ieda (not sure on spelling)

Its L-E-N imageimage

Yeah right result this week - he just looked awful when he did the round the floor stuff - couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was but think its more than that he is just tall.

And also agree Jamelia is doomed next week.

The scoring was ridiculously harsh on Jay compared with the others and whilst I applaud Strictly for just doing the voting at the end in a straightforward, no tension way (unlike its competition on the other side) I do think they are trying to manipulate different people to the top of the judges leader board each week.

Plus it annoys me a bit that the Charleston always gets the best scores and the rumba the worst - whilst I accept that the public aren't knowledgeable enough can't the judges take the dance into account when scoring - that way the public would score Charleston highest coz it looks the best and most fun but at least there wouldn't be a double whammy effect of the judges scoring it the highest too.

• Options

You mean, have the judges ignore the fact it's a competion with strict guidelines as to what constitutes each dance, just so the great unwashed get their favourite ? 

• Options

When does Tess eat wallabies testicles, and Claude get covered in gunge ? 

• Options

SFF - I think the Rumba should just be dropped.  I actually think the judges are generally fair and the scoreboard does reflect accurately.  the Charleston / Rumba point is fair for the audience. I think the update numbers get better support. Not sure anybody gets the Rumba, I certainly don't.

Actually Charleston is a bit of a special case as really it's own genre. it doesn't always score well though and actually I think credit should be given that everybody has done it well this year. Agreed with Helen on that I think it will increase pressure for her next week!

Spartan - if you flick over quickly enough in the adverts you may confuse SCD with I'm a barely recognisable celeb, please leave them in there; and think you see what you want.

I did quickly spin over to Ant and Dec do the jungle last night just to see if I did recognize anybody. Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet), Chris Eubank (Boxer) and the footballer (whose name I have already forgotten) were the only ones I recognized (oh and some fashion women I had at least heard of).  I think I recognized a few of the cockroaches though, maybe they were on their holidays last year at our local takeaway which is frequented by environmental health image

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

That's on Tuesdays, Dave, but please don't bring the hosts' private lives into this. image

Agree with most of Brooks' comments, although I felt Katie's Rhumba lacked any emotion.  Technically well danced, but it was just a bit......frigid?

Jeremy was the right choice to go, but at least he's really put the effort and hours in, unlike some previous celebs. 

SFF - could it be that he turned his whole body and was therefore just walking forward? Watching ITT, there was an explanation that the feet should face forward, but the torso should face the partner (or was it the other way round) so he looked too square on? He certainly did look clumsy, although as others have said, his timing is always spot on and he's not missed many steps.

I wanted to hate Kellie and Kevin's Samba, but it actually worked.  Not sure how he managed the choreography - he's a genius.

• Options

Sorry Brooks didn't watch any tv on Saturday night, on any channel 

• Options

Wot no Doctor Who? Actually was out Saturday myself so SCD was recorded and watched. Doctor Who still to watch at some point before next Saturday.