The Thousand Mile Club

Comments

• Hi all

Was bought here after reading my old forum mate JR was on here

1000 miles was my goal but after only getting to 600 in 2015 gonna be a bit of an ask. I did re set my goal to 850 and will be happy with that but 1000 is my ultimate goal. Only have 26 so far this year this year to date so better get running !!

• Go for it 330 image

Welcome to the thread!
  • Hello all! anniesophie's right - some nice mileage going on by everyone...

Did a really enjoyable 5.00 miles easy tonight. Started out bitterly cold but dry (well - not raining, at least) and didn't start raining again until I was about half a mile from home, so I hardly got wet at all... I'm counting that as a win!

YTD: 45.94

• Morning. Nice mileage by people on here.

Went out for easy 5.69m last night, poured down just before I set out and I thought I'd got away with it until belted down about 1.5m from home. Absolutely drenched.

44.26 ytd

• Thanks JR. Am on various facebook groups but gonna pose here to get encouragemnt watching others rack up the miles!! After years of wanting a garmin got on for xmas (220) After 3 runs its not turning on but afte talking to Garmin they will replace. So back using Runtastic app for a while!!! So hi everyone loking forward to posting!!!
  • Well done on all the running everyone. 6.04 miles this morning thought I was going to beat the rain, but got caught in it half way round.

YTD 47.26 miles.

• 50 miles done, 950 miles to go.

• StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Nice easy 4.6m on a crispy night but I felt good and easy; makes a change for me!

YTD = 35.02
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Stylish - we appear to be following each other's mileage very closely again so far this year!

• Half mile intervals plus warm ups and cool down for a very enjoyable 6.3 in the wind, rain and hail!

49.7 ytd and comfortably over double this time last year
  • Lots of weather woes - well done everyone for still getting out there!

Two sessions today - intervals with warm up and cool down at lunch time (got my arse absolutely kicked by two much younger male colleagues - but a good session anyway) 5.29 miles in total.

Then ran home from Pilates via the shortest route possible. It started snowing while I was standing outside waiting for my Garmin to find the satellite... of course the cloud cover meant it took absolutely ages. By the time I started running the snow had stopped though. 1.67 miles.

6.96 miles for the day.

YTD: 52.90

• Evening. Did an easy 7.12 this afternoon just as it was getting dark, add in the wind chill and it 'felt like' -3, nice!

51.38 ytd

• StylishStylish ✭✭✭

AndrewD - Yes it appears that way. But I missed a session on Tuesday and may miss a run Sunday too. Like I said I'm not bothered this year but will try and hang in there as long as possible. 

• Dipped my toe into New Years running , 4 miles Wednesday 10 miles last night , snowed for the last 2 miles and was bloody freezing but at least I'm back out there, YTD 14 miles image

• Work is getting in the way of my social/running life, something has to give - and it ain't running.

With only 13 weeks to the London and two other marathons in between coupled with the unhelpful weather and the family thinking of having me sectioned under the mental health Act for wanting to run on ice I guess it will have to be the treadmill (which I hate). - have decided that I am not going to count the treadmill miles 

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

What a glorious day - bright sunshine and clear blue skies. But a biting cold wind and some icy patches on the pavements.

Anyway, declaring 7.02 miles this morning of which 6.25 done at a steady pace. Not tempo but not just bimbling either. Running with a bit of intent.

50.62 miles so far.

• Trail run this morning 4.05 miles. Got caught in a hailstone shower in the first couple of miles but was fine on the way back.

YTD 51.31

• Sun is shining! .....but it's very cold! .....unless you're running!....Shorts and t-shirt it is then image

Lovely 3 miles after work in glorious sunshine.

2016 - 39.30

• Out at 4.30pm for 4.02 and getting icy. Its with regret I have cancelled tomorrows run as this would have been early (off to see the worlds most succesfull club) Temps here on West Coast expected to hit -9 overnight so taking no chances with ice underfoot

2016 - 32.82

• StylishStylish ✭✭✭

JR - I put my shorts and t-shirt away months ago. Hardcore!

330 - which club would that be?

• Same here Stylish a minimal 2 layers for me.

good decision 330 plenty of time to make it up 

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

A couple of layers for me in the cold weather if I'm going for a slow one. Anything vaguely energetic and I get too hot. If I'm racing it's shorts and string vest regardless of the weather.

Anyhoo ... a bright sunny frosty morn so on with the grippy trail shoes and out for a short one along icy pavements and round the park. I don't normally go out two days on the trot but I wanted to get back into the routine of Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday running. This is when when my shift pattern allows me to do my training in daylight hours. 3.60 miles.

54.22 ytd

• Enjoy the football 330, mind you, my club would be the most successful in the world playing in that leagueimage

I'm with you Mutley, i'll wear a base layer if i'm going easy, always shorts mind! 

Parkrun this morning (plus a little warm up), only -2 at Killerton so shorts and t-shirt again....there were just three of us out of 240 according to the volunteers at the finish. Very tough conditions again, the final field so hard to run through. 

2016 - 42.69

• Unplanned and unexpected park run pb plus a bit for 4.1 on a beautiful sunny and cold morning taking me to 43.8 YTD
  • Parkrun pacing again plus 7.19 miles in combined total of 97:15 minutes - with LSR tomorrow.

YTD 79.09 miles in 13 hours 39 minutes and 9 seconds (average 10 minutes 22 seconds) This is exactly a minute a mile faster than I am expected to do in London so will try the London pace at Dymchurch next Sunday.

• Well done on the pb AndyS2!

Rest day yesterday, this evening an easy - but bitterly cold and sleeting - 4.35 miles.

YTD: 57.25

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Nothing like entering some races for a bit of motivation:

Bramley 10 miles
    Goring 10K
    Fleet half

Might possibly go for the Reading half as well but it is a bit pricey and the credit card needs to recover.

• Hehehe - good going Muttley.

That's my tactic too - before I knew it I ended up with 2 x 10K, 1 x 15K and 3 x Half lined up.

• Due to do 14 this weekend. Should have run today as the snow is now falling.....