Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options

hope everyone has had a good Christmas

went out for a run this morning, very mild but sooo windy!

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

hey all image How is everyone getting on? I've succumbed to the realisation that i'll probably not run until the baby is here so i'm out walking instead!

How is everyone getting on?

• Options

Emmy - when are you due?

I am good, enjoying running outside in the daylight during school holidays image

• Options
    Muzza2Muzza2 ✭✭✭

I need to get out in the morning, get my gear ready, set the alarm for 6am, alarm goes off, i turn it off, roll over and go back to sleep, how you guys get up early i have no idea!

My life would be so much easier if i could manage it, instead i get home at 7.15pm go out for a run and the missus gets the 'ump as we eat late, plus shes been at home all day with a 20 month old so would prefer to have some adult company in the evening rather than me head out.

Any tips for dragging my sorry arse out of bed?

• Options

muzza - I leave my gear ready in the bathroom, when the alarm goes off you just have to get up, straight into bathroom, gear on, then out. I get dressed in the bathroom because then I don't wake up OH. After a while you get used to the early start and wake up without the alarm going off

• Options
    Muzza2Muzza2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks mathschick, its something that I've got to do in the new year to keep harmony in the household, I can see it kicking off if I don't.

Are you at greater risk of injury as your muscles have only just woken up, do you put greater emphasis on warming up, I'm really bad at this aspect.
  • Options

I think so long as you do a nice warm up you will be ok. I do notice that I am generally a bit slower in the early mornings...but I am never fast anyway

• Options
    Muzza2Muzza2 ✭✭✭
    Well I did it, admittedly it wasn't silly o'clock as I'm sloping into work for 10am this week but it was still dark. Got up at 7am, straight out, boom 5 miles......bit slower than usual but took it nice and easy at the start, real test is to see if I can do it at 6am from next week!

Feels good though, feels like I've achieved something in the day already and that's it now, get home early spend some time with the family and won't have to rush out!
  • Options

I feel the same way after an early morning run. It just puts you on the right foot for the rest of the day. Just a shame it's so hard to get out of bed, even when I know I'll feel better for it.

I'll be back to early morning runs soon. The trouble is that I start work at 8:30 and have a 45 minute commute. Getting a long run in takes far more will power than I have. Getting up at 6 for a 5km is doable, getting up at 5:30 for a 10km run is unlikely to happen...

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hey Mathschick - due at the end of March if everything goes to plan image Let's see how I get on! It must be nice to have a bit of a break over christmas! When do you go back to work?

Muzza - I feel the same when i go out early mornings! You dont have a run hanging over your head!

• Options

well done muzza!

I get up before 5 on the mornings I run (most of them). It is so much easier to get a run in early morning than in the evenings!

Emmy - I go back on Monday! 

• Options
    Muzza2Muzza2 ✭✭✭
    E mmy wrote (see)

Muzza - I feel the same when i go out early mornings! You dont have a run hanging over your head!

Lol .... read that quickly as 'hang-over', i thought yeah this morning was an exception

• Options

morning

starting early(ish) mornings again ready for going back to work on Monday

normal Saturday spinning then swimming for me

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Sorry again but I am just not active on the forum at all

Happy New Year everyone

Still jogging a little and if you really want to catch up

https://gobi70.wordpress.com/
  • Options

hey gobi, good to know you are still around, I'll catch up on your blog. Hope you are well

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hey Gobi! Happy New year!

It was SO dark this morning (as in darker than normal). I was given a new headtorch for christmas but this one doest seem to light up the way as much as my alpkit gamma did image

How are you all doing?

• Options

hi all

first day back at work today image

having a rest day - yesterday I did a 5k race, almost brought my breakfast back up so I must have been putting the effort in, a turbo session and a swim. 

Emmy - the mornings lately have been hideously dark!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I am well, keeping the running under control sees me in solid condition.

Nothing exciting to report :??)
  • Options

nothing exciting from me. Emmy is having a baby, but you might know that already. 

crap run this morning, but to be fair I woke feeling sick but as the alarm had gone off I got up so as not to face the wrath of OH who doesn't like it if the alarm goes off and I stay in bed! The owls were going mad this morning image

• Options

lovely run this morning, I have struggled a little this week with it being the first week back at work after xmas. Nice to see some clear sky and a sliver of moon

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Rode the bike for the first time this winter at -something image
  • Options

did you wait for a colder day on purpose?? I think today is the coldest it has been here for a while, I even had to scrape the windscreen this morning

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Low bad grammar

I have ridden lots

This was the first really cold day

• Options

I think I reread and realised that just after I had posted! Thought it would be strange if you hadn't been riding all along

• Options

how is everyone doing?

I have had a pretty good January although not quite as much running as I had planned!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Ran 178 miles in January !!!!!!!

Paced my friend to a parkrun PB of 17.48 and a 10km PB of 37,15

She is very happy image
  • Options

wow, well done gobi - I did about 100 miles less than you! I'm not surprised your friend is happy with those times 

close encounter with an owl this morning, it swopped down low across the road right in front of me image

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Maths I think this will be my last year as her pacer. She is getting faster and I am getting older.

Will be at Wokingham half and Eastleigh 10Km

Happy training
  • Options

I never seem to get much faster, but not slower either which is good. My main aim is to keep healthy and enjoy my time out running, cycling, swimming etc

totally failed this morning as I woke with a headache image

• Options

evening

5 miles this morning, very mild and loads of birds singing even though it was still very dark