Comments

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Can you post a link to it?image
  • That's certainly bold! If you haven't been already, I'd thoroughly recommend a visit to a Philip Webb house, http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/standen-house-and-garden which has lots of it's original owners furnishings plus original William Morris wallpapers (careful though, they contain arsenic!) and WAS Benson lamps. It's a stunning house in a beautiful location. Do you have any Arts and Crafts furniture to go with your new wallpaper?

• I admit that I have a company link, i work in IT for the group that own WM image

So i actually saw it being printed image no arts n crafty furniture but the doors are all stripped back with whitewashed frames and the house is pre first world war, and the living room just feels nice and cosy being old school image Have a hifi in there but i've built it into an alcove so it's all matching and i'm one of the few with boring black amps so it all looks nice n neat.

I have some funky wallpaper in other rooms, but really love a traditional look in my living room. 

• We sandpapered the floor ourselves, which was bloody hard work. we pulled the floor up one floorboard at a time took them outside and sanded them with a handheld drum sander, took bloody ages. Threw a load of insulation below the floor and a covered with a layer of waterproof plywood, before relaying the boards on top image made it slightly warmer, still doesn't stop the bloody slugs somehow sneaking in at night.  Must be via an air brick... come downstairs some mornings to slug trails all over the floor. It's when you come down with barefeet and tread on something squidy..... that's disgusting!

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

That was to the slugs, not the wallpaper. 

• I've been scammed! I feel abusedimage I shall be having words with all your local slugs so they make a beeline to your air bricks...

I live in a modern house so can't indulge myself in old furniture but instead buy old art which fits in fine plus antiques such as vases. I like Doulton Lambeth stoneware as it's reasonably priced, generally dated and always signed so you can tell the artist and the assistant which is as important to me as the piece itself.

• Peter Everitt wrote (see)

I've been scammed! I feel abusedimage I shall be having words with all your local slugs so they make a beeline to your air bricks...

I live in a modern house so can't indulge myself in old furniture but instead buy old art which fits in fine plus antiques such as vases. I like Doulton Lambeth stoneware as it's reasonably priced, generally dated and always signed so you can tell the artist and the assistant which is as important to me as the piece itself.

^^ Peter. Signed I can understand that.  I have a bit of a collector bug, but mange to just keep it to books at the moment, but knowing the individual artist for a piece instead of just fred blogs i can dig. image

Oh, regarding wp, the factory is awesome, I love going around it you have huge presses printing stuff, then you get the baby presses, and we have some 10m tables, where some paper is still hand printed.  Then in the room next door to that you have Massive desktop printers, that literally can print up to four rolls of different wallpaper at a time.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Do they do spam wallpaper? image
  • I've seen wallpaper with rude anatomical bits on image

• It might be spam but at least for once she's posting about something she actually knows about

• I hate all wallpaper... But I really couldn't sit in a room with paper like that ...it would give me a headache

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    I like wall paper. It hides a multitude of sins. Especially if it makes your eyes hurt. I have a harlequin (barcode) paper in the living room on the wall around the hearth. Might go for a spam print next time.
  • VDOT: woohoo  Harlequin are part of our group as well... In fact I share an office with the designersimage 

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    My Mrs picked it because she saw it in s pub and loved it. The paper not the pub. Vertical stripes are easy as no matching needed. Oh but Tell them the join is in a silly place though (between 2 strong colours- pink and peppermint iirc), rather than in a place where 2 lining paper-ish looking colours meet. Obviously I didn't leave any gaps but amateurs would probably prefer s bit of leaway when butting the paper up.

I do love a god moanimage
  • image Duly noted, feedback will be passed to the person who designed it image 

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Actually had s look and the join is in the mddle of s green stripe(took ages to find it). Just seems odd not to have the repeat where lining paper-ish colours meet. Still let's not let fact get in the way of a pointless moanimage

Nice paper.