Saturday Session - 30 November

Today is the second stage of my attempted recovery from foot injury. RICE has been religiously applied (well, mainly R and I with some E) and the results are encouraging. so...

What: Three-mile exploratory jolly.
Why: Have to find out how my running is doing.

Last hard: Circuits the other day
Last rest: Yesterday.

Comments

• Morning, hope your injury's improving psi.

What: nothing.
    Why: 10K race tomorrow.
    Last hard: Thurs
    Last rest: yesterday. Thought I wouldn't die by having 2 days off in a row since one or two niggles have appeared recently.

Long distance will be the focus from next week.
    Mike, well done on your session yesterday, we won't see you for dust at Helsby.
  • Laura L,
    best of luck with your 10K tomorrow, give it hell!

Psi,
    glad to hear you're on the mend.

What: 18 miler
    Why: Long run today as I'm off down to the smoke with my wife to meet up with an old college mate we haven't seen in years, so no doubt we'll be getting seriously lashed this evening!!
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Friday.

Best of luck to everyone racing this weekend, looking forward to the reports ;-)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Laura - good luck tomorrow.
    PSI - take it easy,but glad to hear you're on the way back.

As for me well I'm doing the Waverley Harriers 5.5 mile x-c this afternoon (nr Farnham so I'm told).It'll be my first winter x-c (did 2 off roaders in the summer but the ground was dry then).
    Shouldn't be too bad - i hope - most of my recent training runs have been moderately hilly off road, so I'd like to think I'm prepared,also had the last two days off so I should be rested.

Good luck anyone else racing this weekend.
  • Morning all, good luck Laura and Dustin, take it easy Psi, enjoy MM.

what: 6 mile steady run
    why: marathon training program says so

last hard: Sunday
    last rest: Wednesday
  • Best of luck to Laura, Drew, Dustin and all other racers this w/e.

What: 9 miles at target marathon pace (6:15m/m)
    Why: cos what Frank says goes.
    Last Rest: Weds.
    Last Hard Day: Thursday
  • first post this week but have been quite active.

what : rest day
    why : resting before Leeds Abbey Dash 10k tomorrow
    last hard : yesterday's gym session incl. 15 min hard intervals on treadmill and 2000 m row.
    last rest : Tuesday and today

Really hoping to get under 50 mins for first time. Will be spurred on by my FLM acceptance. Last year did 52 mins with little training and have trained well so will feel disappointed if i don't get it.
  • What: Rest
    Why: training schedule says so
    Last rest: Sunday
    Last hard: yesterday

Note to self. Must not whinge about the weather or will get in trouble with Achilles again. :-)

Good luck everyone racing this weekend - may your feet have wings
  • What: Rest. Probably.
    Why: Well, it's two rests in a row, but I'm in need of one long run plus one rest day this weekend and (a) today is hectic, tomorrow free, and (b) got a bit of a knee twinge that could do with an extra day off. Similar to Laura L, actually.
    Hard: Been easy on myself lately to nurse myself through iffy knee stuff.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Happy running/resting all.
  • Oh, and good luck with it, Psi. I know it's been tough.
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: 3 or 4 mile easy "jog"
    Why: Loosen up legs for tomorrows Leeds Abbey Dash
    Last hard day: Thursday
    Last rest day: Yesterday (felt a bit tired so didn't do my planned turbo trainer session)

Good luck to everyone else racing this weekend. Don't forget the reports - good or bad!
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Good luck everyone racing this weekend. Hope everyone achieves what they want! As for those injured take it easy and use the time to plan ahead for when you're able to run again.

What: 50x25m lengths swimming
    Why: no running today as have the 'Full Monty' tomorrow.
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last easy: today.
  • Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

What: 11 miles slow
    Why: long slow run, starting to build up mileage
    Last hard day: Thurs
    Last rest : Mon
  • Hi all!

What: 5km warm up, followed by a mega gym session, 2km warm down
    Why: Saturday is resistance training upper body.
    Last Hard: Today
    Last Rest: Thursday

Have a good weekend people
  • Achilles - going for championship entry then? :)

Update to mine: I've decided to have another day or two of rest before I do anything such as go for another run. My foot is noticeably better but I don't want to overdo it. :)
  • Good luck at the Abbey dash Drew et al. Do you get a xmas pud at the end as well?

Lizzy - read your letter, perhaps we should print out your training threads and send them in under the heading: 'Iceland Training - the Truth Revealed'.
  • Happy birthday to me. 44 today.
    (N.B. Even though it apparently is my starsign, I refuse to offer anything to that astrology thread on another forum!)

what: nothing
    why: This wasn't the plan for today, but this a.m. went to watch Matthew run in a handicap race at school. In running down the road to be able to shout support for him as he turned off onto a track, I strained my calf! Bloody daft way to get injured. May be improving slightly - hope so, with long run due tomorrow.

last hard day: Fri
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Mon

Good luck to all the racers this weekend.
    Do us all a favour and write the reports in a separate thread in the Events forum will you - please? Saves the bother of hunting through lots of pages.

Laura - the way it's going you might not see me for dust at the start - but you might well see me going backwards somewhere round the 10 mile marker....
  • actually, I have a hunch that Lizzy doesn't in fact live in Iceland but is writing from Tunbridge Wells ...

the prevailing aura of gloom, the tell-tale absense of real daylight, the impossibility of finding a decent pub - these are pretty convincing clues.

she deserves all our sympathy.
  • Í dreamt about pubs last night ....