Comments

• I think its fair to compare the tri shorts with more establsihed brands

Zoot performance £52

Fusion PWR £61

Huub £52

Orca £87

Sailfish £57

prices taken from Wiggle

• I was about to post that I'd be interested to see a pair to see what they're like. I bought some LG ones eons ago (2009) and I did Bala in them, foolishly. They ride up, are badly cut (for a woman) and the gusset is useless. They're consigned to the turbo or swimming now. By contrast, my Castelli ones, which were more expensive than all you list, do me for a full IM race.

As you've seen how they're made, at the Tri show, you can offer that quality comparison. Thank you.
  •  

M..o.use wrote (see)
    With the exception of the Tri shorts, these prices seem comparable considering that FF has provided prices from the silver range for the Tri kit.

which leaves me confused as

RichardM wrote (see)

Triathlon Range:

I am trying to persuade them to bring their Gold/Silver/Bronze pricing model into the tri range - at the moment most of the tri kit is at the performance end of the scale but I would hope to have positive news on this soon, so you can have more options.

• Jr's Cycling Club have used ChampionSports for their kit and so I will see what I can find out about their prices, sizing, quality and order process so we can add that to the mix.

• GH0ST wrote (see)

The LG Monacos (last couple of batches at least) really are a dreadful fit on female pirates. Or maybe that's just me image

Agreed, I just can't carry off the 'skeletor' look much past 2 miles !

Just a thought though on which supplier to go for and which thread to take orders on etc, would it not be worthwhile just keeping the current thread open for another week, then rounding up the orders, and letting LG and Curore(sp.?) then each give a quote for the numbers going forward, as that will be pretty representative of a 'pirate' order? (I have probably missed something here that means this can't be done image )

• I'm going to say no Mouse. I went through about five pairs of tri shorts before I found a pair that worked for me both in terms of fit and comfort on the bike, I think it's too personal an item to try to recommend, I I doubt even if they look amazing I would bother to change again now I have (three) a pair of shorts that work in IM races for me.
  • The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)

M..o.use wrote (see)
    With the exception of the Tri shorts, these prices seem comparable considering that FF has provided prices from the silver range for the Tri kit.

RichardM wrote (see)

Triathlon Range:

I am trying to persuade them to bring their Gold/Silver/Bronze pricing model into the tri range - at the moment most of the tri kit is at the performance end of the scale but I would hope to have positive news on this soon, so you can have more options.

Have you actually looked at the Cuore site??

I don't think you have because its quite easy to see the four levels with the description each page.

To help you out i have copied that bit as you will see the silver range mentions the word Pro in it.......

FINISHER: The journey is the destination and your first priority remains not to arrive in dribs and drabs? Then your team is ready for our FINISHER products.

BRONZE: For you engaging in sport is more than a little bit sweating. You want more: more function, more comfort and more fun. This provide our BRONZE products.

SILVER: Our SILVER products stand out for high-tech materials, super race-cut and a reasonable/convinced price-/performance relationship. For all who wants to stay in the line with the pros.

GOLD: Pure high-tech materials and terrific cuts are the distinctive quality of our small but extra fine GOLD line. Wearing these GOLD products the pros will fight for every minute advance.

Need any more help?

• The PSOF Kit Fairy wrote (see)

M..o.use wrote (see)

RichardM wrote (see)

Triathlon Range:

I have no dog in this fight however you should really have a browse of the site. The items they do are all graded as finisher, bronze, silver or gold - but that does not mean that they have four levels in everything. The triathlon two piece kits are silver graded (they do one top and one shorts), they have a silver and a gold tri suit and a gold speed suit. What they do not have is the cheaper materials/products in tri kit currently. 

I hope this helps, I have no real interest in this discussion but i was browsing the Cuore site earlier this week so thought I may be able to clear things up for you slightly. 

Something completely unrelated to kit quality that I liked was that VAT was inclusive in the prices unlike Endura and Champion Systems who have a nice 20% surcharge to bump up the quoted prices. 

• I'm up for a change of supplier. I could do with a new bike top and tri suit. I had my money's worth from the LG kit.

Thanks chaps.
  • He did say they only do the top range at the moment in tri kit...

With the prices quoted by FF.does that include import duty and postage and packing......and would it include poisting and packing to individual addresses....

as stated above......all the extras can add up a lot.

I am happy to change to my £20 black trishorts or old pirate shorts if we change supplier 

• it doesn't include postage but that works out at around 3-5 euros each from I was told and that's to be sent your own address.

Dont think there is an import tax as it is sent from Germany so within the EU.

• RichardM wrote (see)
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

The first post reads of kit Nirvana, the more ive read the thread the less clear I am.  The claims of LG having a long drawn out process and the days of minimum orders going seem to have unravelled already.

Hi Carl - your points are good and i'll do my best to address them.

Richard taking the time to reply, I dont doubt your obviously honurable intentions, I asked question 9 in the same way I would for any prospective supplier that people would be putting their trust in.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments in this thread, I recognise the feedback on LG quality/fit and that’s something that needs investigating, the right thing to do is to investigate our options.

If we are serious about changing supplier, surely the best way to go about it is draw up a list of wants & priorities, get a number of recommendations then nominate individuals to canvas them.  Review them against LG and reach a collective decision?  We could ask suppliers to send us samples and review them together at an event.

What I find irrational is Cuore being presented as the answer to ‘long drawn out process’, ‘minimum order’ issues that im not aware have affected the person raising them.  It then turns out that the Cuore doesn’t even address these issues.  I raised some valid questions, things that any serious proposal should deal with from the start, many of which we still don’t have clear answers to.  We still don’t even have a definite ‘delivered’ price point for comparable LG items (that’s unless someone’s prepared to stand by the prices on the last page).

I wonder about the appears to be a need to drive forward regardless, it undermines the stated reasons for changing, so does the fact that it appear very limited investigation has been carried out.   I wouldn’t think anyone would proceed on this basis when ordering things personally, I certainly wouldn’t go ahead having just considered one option and felt under time pressure to make a decision.

As others have suggested the sensible thing is to do some proper research.  Issues have been cited with LG, if we’re going to look for alternate supplier after 12 years with LG, it seems logical to properly consider a number of options, get feedback from other clubs etc.  

• Ok, who's going to do it then?
  • Im happy to help but think we should involve a representative group from across the pirates.  A couple of people have already offered to speak to suppliers, we can get further from clarification from Cuore along with other options.

There have been some mixed up messages in this thread and that hasnt helped present a clear picture or justification.

My suggestion but others may have other ideas?

1) We need to clear/agree on what we want, what the reasons are for changing.  Is the priority short delivery times, single unit ordering/flexible process, price, quality, kit, range, supporting someone we know etc etc.  How important are these things across the group.

2)  People canvas friends, clubs, to identify other kit suppliers that may meet the priorities & make some initial enquiries.

3)  Approach a shortlist of suppliers with a defined list of questions, including asking for samples.

Get together and review, make a collective decision.

• There are nearly 500 members of the pirate Facebook page, including this thread and that there were only 45 "active" pirates joining in,

RW is like a mortuary in the winter months, it needs to be a fairly small group then.

I'm in
  • I'm not on the FB page but if there is anything I can do then just shout. 

• I think BB has summed up the situation with regards to the way forward, this is pretty well exactly the process we have just been through in my running club. In practice the ability for individuals to order directly from the supplier when the club shop is open has been well recieved and an absolute godsend to the kit man (me!).

As i have decided to come out of retirement for Outlaw Hookham and Weymouth I guess I'm back in the Pirate mix, my LG kit especially the cycling jacket has with stood a high degree of abuse but its always good to see whats on offer, times change.
  • Happy to be involved and know a local supplier that do club kit I'm a member of

http://www.provisionclothing.com/pages/custom-kits.html

and not wanting to push them at all but the do say

If you are fed up with:
    • BAD Quality !!!
    • Long lead times !!!
    • Expensive prices !!!
    • BAD Customer Service !!!

Then let Pro Vision make your custom cycle clothing ordering simple!

which in my view seems to be all the problems we are talking about

• A tad excitable with the punctuation there SA image

• that was taken straight from their website

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I'm in favour of trying to go somewhere where we can get some female specific kit - most of the LG kit I have is too long in the body for me , and too wide at the shoulders. (love the girls tank though)

• I'm happy to report back on ImpSports as I'm likely to use them for work so can kill 2 birds so to speak
  • I too like having a tank but it needs to be reasonably long in the body and with room for boobs

I also like my tri shorts long - the 2nd pair I got from LG I've never used as they are way too short for a chunky monkey like me image

I like the sound of increments of cms of length image

**disclaimer - I haven't looked at the site personally - just going by some of the comments on the thread...

I wasn't going to order originally due to size / shape issues but may do if this / another company can address them 

• iron fraggle wrote (see)

I'm in favour of trying to go somewhere where we can get some female specific kit - most of the LG kit I have is too long in the body for me , and too wide at the shoulders. (love the girls tank though)

Same for me. But f ladies tanks make minimum numbers at LG I have one. 

• This is what we need to look for, i.e. suppliers that do smaller orders not at prohibitive prices.  LG do female specific kit, its down to numbers with LG & Cuore.

• I'm due to see my local tri club kit supplier on Thursday, will report back

• The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

I'm due to see my local tri club kit supplier on Thursday, will report back

Good news, SA.
    I'm on the case with Champion Sports

• I've just come back from a very good meeting with Pro Vision about kit

They can give me samples to take to a meeting etc, they do bike and tri kit for enough other tri clubs and organisations, can give us web portal to order kit and deliver straight to everyone home address, female spec kit, more than happy to change / alter any kit (zips at front or back, rear pockets on tri tops etc )

So how is this going to work?

Do we all get together at some point this year? Outlaw? and all champion our supplier? do we get it down to 3 or 4 suppliers before then? how many people get to say yay or nay 

• I think Barlos has outlined his plans for taking this forward in the poll thread image
  • sounds good SA.what are they like on price

#