Anyone else doing a marathon this spring in Vibrams?

I was wondering if there was anyone else out there doing a spring marathon in vibrams this year? 

I did London in them last year and saw a few other runners in them.

Comments

• 71 mile week including a 22 mile run this morning.  Running very long distances in vibrams doesn't break your feet!

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    It might not break yours but you are not not everyone. Also, Saturday is parkrun day. What kind of nutter does s long run instead?image
  • Like to have Sunday lie in with the family..

i used to do a lot of martial arts in bare feet so maybe my feet are just stronger than most.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Probably not. There is not much muscle in the feet. Regardless of that, if they work for you then great. You can get years out of a pair and save a fortune.

Most people will see the vibrams and think 'nutter'. That cyclist must have been a brave one!
  • I've run the very hard Jerusalem marathon in my Bikila Evo's and am taking on the Race to the stones in my Spyridons (or Bikila Evo's - depending on the day) 

I can't run in normal trainers after a serious bike accident in '08. 

Only way to go in my opinion. You're definitely slower in VFF's but, I think it's ultimately safer. 3 years of running and never had a 'you know what'.