RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Another duplicate deleted . Not sure why this happens 

• 2old - I think it's when you refresh the page?

5 miles fancy dress yesterday - know where the rubbing will happen already!! And 7x1000m reps today 14.8-15 kph. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-yes you are right-I need refreshing at the moment-mega DOMS.Those were fast chaffing intervals.I will bring extra vaseline on the 24thimage

A swim soon and maybe intervals tonight

• DD - Well done on the tough 20 miler, i fell out of love with those type of races a few years ago, but good fuelling strategy with the cider.

Chick - Well done on the very long run even if it was tough.

2old - your hm result was that good it deserved more than one post.image.  Very well done impressive racing. Don't  really need to taper as only run 3 times a week so will have a couple of non running days before Sunday.

AA - do we get a preview of the costume or do we have to wait til race day?  Nice pacy repeats.

My usual 5 with middle 3 quick on Monday and very happy with the 6:20,6:20,6:07 splits for the quick.  And a good week continued yesterday 3k swim , furthest ever, slow but just happy to go that far.

• Barry - great swim. and your fast 3 miles get faster! When does your lake open? If I knew how to upload one on here I would! I had to send one off to the marathon last week! I'm a bit achey today so gonna do an arms and abs session and rest my hammy and hip ahead of tomorrow's needed long one. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Barry- there was a cracking 5 k in that 5 miler I would have given my right arm for and congrats on the 3k swim ..a break through moment .

AA- good idea listening to your body. I should too as its is screaming . You'll be pleased to get that LR done 

2k lunch time swim and ran to and home from track session which was 2x1200m,2x800,2x400and 4x100. Not sure of paces as messed up my garmin though coach said one of the 800s was timed at 5.59mm pace and I saw the 1200 m was about 6.15mm pace11miles total.. Feeling it today .  

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Crikey, 2old - intervals just 2 days after a tough half image ??

Barry: excellent fast miles image

DD: eeek - that sounds a bit extreme. But well toughed out

AA: seven x 1k image - P&D have me do 6 and think that's already one too many. Well done though image. I'm trying to do 5 20+ mile runs. So far I've done 3. Only 2 more to go then. I also try to add some MP towards the end on those very long runs. Tried that last time around and it seems to work quite well. Good simulation of how I'm likely going to feel from mile 20 onwards on race day.

Just 7 easy today. This is a cut back week and I'm feeling better already.

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi AA, I am with you on the feeling tired, I am hoping for a sub 3 and a little bit if I can. The way I feel at the moment sub 3 will be welcome! Mind you 10 x 800's after 20 the day before? No wonder you are tired..image

Hi Chick, Hope the Asthma is better? Doesn't seem to stop you clock up the miles. Well done on the 22. What marathon you running Chick?

Hi Barry, Nice 20 last week and a good mix and splits looking good.

Hi 2old, Well done on the HM, hope the hip is ok?

Hi DD, Never considered cider as an energy drink. No doubt some special alchemy down your way? Well ran on the 20...

On call last week and out Mon-Wed nights which messed me up a bit. No Group or club running, just toughed it out in the mornings. My first longer MP run Thursday morning. 1.5 w/up - c/d and then 8 miles at MP. Didn't quite hit what I wanted in places, but not far off. splits 6:41, 6:43, 6:46, 6:47, 6:36, 6:46, 6:36, 6:43 but happy as unfuelled and legs not at best. We were at Hampden to witness another defeat Sunday, so Sat/Sun runs shifted a day forward missing rest day Friday. I felt missing that rest day. Friday ran 8.5M at 7:17mm average and then Saturday ran 16M at 7:26mm average, which was just below the 7:17 moderate pace mainly to be targeted. But can handle the reasons why.. easy 8.5 Monday and Group session last night, progressive run 8:07, 7:59, 7:29, 7:17, 7:01, 6:31, 6:24, 6:14 ..Alloa HM this Sunday, so see where I am at ..

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Chick- yes maybe a bit much after my HM and my legs feel smashed .Youre putting together a good solid period of running which will produce the goods

Nell- I'm hoping my team does the job at Old Trafford tomorrow but they do have a habit of losing when it matters so I know how you are feeling. Still youre a loyal supporter. Typical,just as I think I've found some speed I see your MP

Is my HMP -am I bitter .., no. Great running. Sub 3 is a given the question is do

you go out to smash it . ThinkYou will.

Was going to swim today but body said no. Must have had Chicks words ringing in my ears. Managed 12 tonight steady/easy . Pity my garmin lost all it's data.
  • 2old - you're having a hard week after your half!

nell - your paces amaze me still! Cracking!

i had a good run today but feel broken now. Did 21 miles in 2:55 ave 8:20 pace but did 9 miles MP broken into 1x5 and 1x4 sub 8. Bloody wind made the second set really hard. That's makes 8 runs of over 18 this year with (hopefully) another 2 to do! Monster March is kicking in bigtime!

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi 2old, Listen to the body....Seems we have another trip to Hampden after Hibs going up to Inverness and winning last night. The Semi Final is the Saturday before London image

Good luck tonight image

Funny a few people at the club last night have been up and down with the training this year.... I will get a feel where I am from the Alloa HM this Sunday I guess.

Last night.Warm up and cool down and then 10 x 400M, should have been 12 but I had to get of to pick my son up. I was reminded that I missed the hardest two. Splits (pace in brackets):1:32 (6:00),1:27 (5:40),1:23 (5:26), 1:23 (5:28),1:23 (5:32), 1:24 (5:33), 1:22 (5:23), 1:23 (5:29),1:21 (5:21), 1:23 (5:24).

6 moderate miles this morning at 7:14mm average. Should have been 8 but cut it down with the previous session being so close....

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-your LR went very well ....only 2 more ? By my reckoning I've got 4 image but I've not done this weeks yet. Good pacing too. I'm shattered tbh but I'm battling through ..after all it's nothing compared with Eddie Iizard 

Nell- mind boggling 400s. I'm still suffering from my initiation to track intervals on Tuesday. You're never away from Hampden. What is your target for Alloa? 

Just 8 today overall 7.22mm including a warm up mile so it's 7 at about MP. Really had to work hard at it as legs like concrete. 

Missing pilates again as i feel obliged to see if Liverpool can hold on. 

• 2Old- what a cracking half and awesome splits!image No wonder you're shattered, some hard core session there very soon after the half- tut tut.

DD- eek your 21m sounds tough. Glad the cider sorted you out!

AA- definitely need to see that outfit before the big day. You're knocking out some hard sessions, hang on and watch after your hammie, not long to go.

Nell- speedy running from you as always, good luck with the HM this Sunday.

Barry- you seem to be going very well at the moment. Nice speedy 3m on Monday and congrats on the swim.

Chick- going strong and knocking out some serious miles as always. Enjoy the rest of the cut back week!

My training has picked up quite a bit in the last few weeks. Back to doing a couple of decent quality sessions a week and around 50mpw in total. It all feels rather manageable at the moment and Moz is making sure I keep it this way for now so it's all about keeping my easy runs very easy and not going faster than what's prescribed on quality days. Took me a bit to adjust but I think I'm getting there now. YKW tomorrow and a 10k coming up on 3rd April. Eeek.image

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Cracking run, AA image  9 miles @ MP in a 20 miler is tough. I have one of those to look forward to in 2 weeks time ...

Nell: I'm doing Hamburg on April 17 and Prague on May 8. Don't ask ...  your marathon pace is amazing. I got near those splits today - by doing intervals image. I'll never get anywhere near your interval pace though, unless I use skates image

6 * 1k - first one was the slowest at 6:52, last one the quickest at 6:34 pace. It's been a while since I saw splits with a 6 and nowhere near max. HR. So feeling quite smug today after feeling utterly broken earlier this week image

Bro: Stability is much neglected by me. I bet it does wonders. I seem to forget about it all the time though. A bit like stretching ... I only remember when I'm faced with an injury or some pain.

2old: no wonder your legs are busted. How about some slow running for a change? Listen to da Moz image

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi 2old, Well done on the 8 yesterday on tired legs and congratulations on the win! Yes, it would be nice to win at Hampden one time though image Think I might drive for the semi-final as it will be the week before London, so I will have to behave.... I never use a track, always do my intervals on the road and the schedule stipulates no track work also. Must be to eliminate repetitive injuries I guess?

Hi Bro, Well done on the 50 mile weeks, is that you ticking over? Good luck on the 5k and 10k. I really am not a fan on those distances but put myself through them now and again. God only knows why....

Hi Chick, The marathon plan sounds nice albeit a bit close together, so I won't ask image Well done on the intervals. I remember backpacking and staying at Prague, 8p a pint.....a long time ago image

Not a lot from me today, popped into the gym for a bit of light S&C and ten minutes on the treadmill to test out the new Saucony Type A6's. Slightly different from the 2015 shoe... the silver band on the side feels a bit strange at first

/members/images/754569/Gallery/IMG_2451_1.gif

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Bro- pb at ykw? For sure ! Like the idea of keeping some runs slow but if you're time challenged it stops me accumulating the mileage. Looking good for 10k too

Chick- yes prob going too much too hard. Great stuff getting in the 6s again. Speed is addictive. Can't wait for next weeks intervals. We both neglect flexibility and strength work ...at our peril

8.3 easy/slow steady today. Rest tomorrow. LR Sunday. Soo tired
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Nell- need sunglasses with those shoes. How light are they?Mine look like wellies in comparison.You're right about the track. Last time I tried it I ended up with patella tendinitis.How do I get the same effect without running with others though? Think it's the first time I've seen you on a TM. Maybe you'll get to Hampden and it's a good way to fill a taper. I'm visiting uni's with my daughter in my taper .Very happy about my teams visit to Old Trafford on Thursday but now worried about Bayern next ...always worrying me .
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Good luck Barry and Nell tomorrow. Smash those HMs

• Good luck to the half marathon smashers tomorrow. 

2old - please rest a bit!!

bro - only you could cruise at 50 mpw!!

8x800s today - tried for 10 but my hammy is moaning too much.!

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA- rested today. LR tomorrow....carb loaded for it....if beer counts. Good 800 set..... 2 missed won't matter...look after your hammy. The weeks are ticking away. 

• Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

Hi 2old,Yes Saucony don't do tame coloured running shoes, they weigh 147 grams. yes understand about the running company, it does help motivate. Not sure that carbs in beer count?

Bayern do look dangerous image

Hi AA, 8 x 800's is enough image

5 miles yesterday at 7:15mm average, then Alloa HM today. Lovely morning and came in on 1:25:01 (40 second course and overall PB). Would have been nice to get 1:24 something, but I guess that's greedy image splits: 6:14, 6:09, 6:36, 6:25, 6:18, 6:28, 6:28, 6:37, 6:30, 6:34, 6:44 (hill!), 6:30, 6:20, 1:02

• Nell - Very impressive and well done, garmin or chip time?

Chick - Nice 1k repeats.

AA - well done on the long run.

2old - and same to you very good long run, the joy of strava

First outing on my road bike on Friday, 10 x hill repeats a few layers on and loved it.

Upper Heyford HM on an old US air force base for me today, very chilly wind and obviously very flat but very exposed. 5k, 10K and HM set off at same with HM doing 2 loops, so company for first lap but not so much second.  Splits 6:37,6:33,6:36,6:41,6:33,6:48,6:55,6:59,6:43,6:54,6:55.6:47,6:31,5:46(0.1)Happy enough as some miles were headwind down the runways. Finished with 1.28:30 17th overall. 

• washwoodwashwood ✭✭✭

Hi all, great running Barry, had a few friends doing this. Would you recommend ? I did Banbury 15 .... it was a tough one !

• Nell - well done on the pb. Great splits. 

Baz - i looked at that and it did look exposed. Well done on another sub90! 

2old - hope LR went well. 

9 miles for me easy yesterday to make another 50 for the week. My peak training is bro's ticking over! Rest day for me today ... I've just decided!!

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Nell- excellent pb in your HM ,amazing splits too. It's funny how when all goes well it's still possible to find something disappointing but I guess 1.24xx is another milestone

Barry- cracking HM with a blistering first half and finish. Pity about the wind..you'd be in Nells territory. Good placing too . Did you feel strong at the end or totally spent?

AA -another 50 week , great consistency ..don't let Bro put you off as I'm sure she's planning to line up with us on 24th

My LR went well overall though I hate running at slower pace and was glad to pick up the pace a bit in the second half. Overall 22.25 miles at 7.52mm AV and final 3 miles-7.29,7.19 and 7.18. Pleased with that after a tough tired week and just under 62 miles.
  • Nell BlueNell Blue ✭✭✭

HI Barry, That was both chip and garmin time. Well done on the HM, sounds an interesting one. Flat I presume? Shame about the wind though.

Never thought of hill reps on a bike image

Hi AA, We need a rest day image

Hi 2old, Good mileage for the week and strong finish to the LR. Yes, as runners we always want that bit more image

8 miles yesterday at 7:34mm average which is about the easy pace for this plan, didn't feel like it at the start. Then massage yesterday afternoon.

Group Hill Rep session tonight ...lovely.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Nell-7.34 easy!!..if only...8.45 is my easy but I hate running at that pace so I rarely run at it.Think youve earnt that massage..had mine earlier today..ouch. Hills will be doddle after that easy 8image

2k swim and just over 5 miles-7.18mm av- yesterday. Weather looks rubbish for the Easter weekend so thinking of bringing my LR forward to Friday.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    13 in 1.39 today and a negative split. Ran n shorts too to celebrate the spring. Brrr.The week is creeping by .
  • Nice running guys. 

Nell - 7:34 is easy image

2old - speedy little 13 there!

i did 4x2000m yesterday @14.8 pace which felt OK last one was a bit tough. Dropped my car off for MOT this morning and ran 10.5 nit my legs felt mashed. 9 min mile hilly was a struggle. I feel totally shattered at the moment. All the time. got to try and save myself for the long one in Friday. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

AA-Im with you  being shattered all the time....I keep looking for the start of the taper but it doesnt seem to get nearer.Anyway you should be shattered after those challenging sessions but why do hills?..there arent any in London apart from Tower Bridgeimage. How are you planning your LR?Any mp miles in it?Mine on Friday too unless I overdo it Thursday nightimagevisiting some pubs in Liverpool

Wash-are you tapering now?Got your race pack yet?Tell us about the 15.Not many races of that distance

CNBA swimming this lunchtime so more in the tank for tonights planned 10 including intervals.