Manchester marathon place available

I was knocked off my bike a few days ago, so knee is too swollen and sore to run this weekend. Looking to sell my entry for £45 (which is what I paid), and will also throw in the parking space at Old Trafford for free (cost £10).

As it's short notice, can either meet to give number in person if you're based in London, or I'll pay for next day delivery.

If interested, please message me on here.

Comments

• http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/faq/

"After the 16th February cut-off date, you cannot transfer your place. Similarly to other major marathons, up until the 9th April (the day before the race), upon receipt of your withdrawal notice, you can defer your entry to the 2017 race. Please note though that this means that you have a guaranteed place on the 2017 ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon, but you will need to pay the entry fee again.

NB The transfer prior to 16th February means that you do not have to pay the 2017 entry fee, just the £10 admin fee. A deferred entry means that you have a guaranteed place and you will need to pay the 2017 entry fee.

Unauthorised sale or transfer of your race entry / race number to another person is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and / or banning of any involved individuals from future events. This is for reasons associated with insurance, medical information, logistics and administration. All entry fees are non-refundable."

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭
    Kattefjaes wrote (see)

http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/faq/

"After the 16th February cut-off date, you cannot transfer your place. Similarly to other major marathons, up until the 9th April (the day before the race), upon receipt of your withdrawal notice, you can defer your entry to the 2017 race. Please note though that this means that you have a guaranteed place on the 2017 ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon, but you will need to pay the entry fee again.

NB The transfer prior to 16th February means that you do not have to pay the 2017 entry fee, just the £10 admin fee. A deferred entry means that you have a guaranteed place and you will need to pay the 2017 entry fee.

Unauthorised sale or transfer of your race entry / race number to another person is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and / or banning of any involved individuals from future events. This is for reasons associated with insurance, medical information, logistics and administration. All entry fees are non-refundable."

So, let's clarify that what you're actually saying is that deferred entry after 16'th February gives you nothing, as entry is guaranteed anyway as long as you book in time.

• yes.., thats the terms and conditions...trying to copy London and hoping it will become a sell out...

I really cant understand why anyone would pay £45 to run illegally.......if you want to do that why not just print your own number / copy someone elses and run and save yourself the money.....

If rules arent for you or consideration for those running legally then why bother spending £45

• Redjeep wrote (see)
    Kattefjaes wrote (see)

http://www.greatermanchestermarathon.com/faq/

So, let's clarify that what you're actually saying is that deferred entry after 16'th February gives you nothing, as entry is guaranteed anyway as long as you book in time.

I am saying nothing. I am not the rules of the Manchester marathon, let's just clarify that.

• Sgt Wilko - I'd make sure whoever it was knocked you off the bike pays for your loss of entry.
  • Dave928Dave928 ✭✭✭

Some would pay the £45 to get an accurate time (albeit with the wrong name), plus the all important t-shirt and medal. I don't really see what's wrong with doing this. Chester marathon will change names right up to a day or so before the race.

• RedjeepRedjeep ✭✭✭
    VDOT52 wrote (see)
    What a dic.

Was that aimed at me ? I was just pointing out that what the organisers are offering is worthless. If it was race that sold out each year then fair enough.

Sorry Kattefjeas, it wasn't particular aimed at you, although I realise that it was written that way. I just find it frustrating that you can't transfer your entry if you can't run when marathon running by it's nature can cause injuries.

I can't see why they can't facilitate transfers more easily and am not really sure that I swallow the reasons that they give.