RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Best of luck for tomorrow image

AA: on your way to become a sleb what with the BBC interview.image

Great to see you, Freemers.

I'm full of cold and gunk image If I was racing tomorrow I'd be a DNS. Feeling rotten.

Tempted by the dark side but all the effing gear that's required really puts me off. 

• Ah chick that's horrible. Hope you feel better soon. You can track us all from your sick bed. The dark side is a load of faff With all the gear!!!

hope freemers, 2old (plus 2old junior) and nell are all chilling nicely. Hope to see the boys at the start. (if I make the bbc interview and they don't hold me up!) wrecking my routine image

• chicksta - Hope you feel better soon.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Free- good luck tomorrow. Hope the Achilles is ok. Enjoy your posh start

Geoff- I will stick to a tandem with wheels and pedals thanks

Chick-go on ,venture into the dark side you won't regret it. Hope you shake that cold off soon

Nell -See you at the Green start

AA- chilling here watching the cup semi hoping for a Everton win. Nell and I will be in that interview with you .

Snow hail rain wind tomorrow ? Just have to run faster to keep warm or wear my ski suit
  • Well I've certainly carb loaded today along with a bit of sightseeing, hope to see one or all at start during (maybe see the greenies at 1 mile point) or end. Good luck all, enjoy and DBS.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Good luck Barry. Look out for you there. I'm wearing a Welsh dragon vest .Time for you to get rid of that 3.15 albatross .
  • Barry - go smash that 3:15 tomorrow. I won't see you!!

2old sorry about your result. Good match for a neutral though. see you tomorrow I hope. 

Nell - hopefully see you Around the GWR bit or pen 2 @9:45!

look forward to hearing all about it. 

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    AA- not too bothered about the result , I'm on the red side of Liverpool.See you tomorrow

I'm still carbo loading
  • 2old - yeah of course. Sorry. So are my family!

cant sleep...

• Good luck to everyone running this morning image

• AA - I remember the last time I run London could not sleep, just the build up to running, breakfast for me on race day was porridge, Banana and topped with honey, Rocket Fuel.

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Ok let's do it. Good luck all London Marathoners

AA-enjoy your E list celeb moment. Am I jealous?
  • AA - Lovely short interview on BBC1.

• Tracking live 10 runners on the iPhone Marathon App, have a great race.

• Winner Elliot Kipchoge from Kenya 2:03:05 only 10 seconds outside the Marathon World Record, mens race great to watch.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Bit concerned about AA image c'mon girl!!

2old and Barry looking good. Nell looking amazing image Hope Freemers' achilles is holding up.

• Neil - Looks like your having a great race.

AA - Keep going.

• Online ballot for London 2017, will open Monday 2 May, and will close 17:00 Friday 6 May.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

Well done Nell &2old image

C'Mon Barry!!

Really worried about AA image

• Freemers - Looks like your almost there, keep going.

Barry - Looks like you have a sub 3:30 well done.

AA - You must be having a tough race, hope your not injured, not that far and keep going.

• Well done to everyone on your times.

Neil - 2:56:24

Barry - 3:25:42

Freemers - 3:40:40

AA - 3:55:44

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Great day 3.03.54. A massive (3min)Pb. Well done team. Back to celebrating .
  • 2Old - A fantastic time 3:03:54, what was your race plan at the start, and was that around your planned time.

• 2old - Boom, very very well done, impressive especially after all your niggles. Don't ask needless to say I am currently in pub by the Thames getting drunk.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Barry- Cheers . I'm not so sober to be honest.

Geoff- I was thinking 3.10 ish was about right so I'm very happy thanks

Basically I set off too fast thought wtf and let's see where I get. Struggled in the last 6 miles but by then I had to just ???hang on and rely on the reserve established previously. Very pleased with my 1.30 first half too.
  • 2Old- OMG fantastic time!imageimage Congrats, very well done. I saw you wizz past around mile 24 but by the time I shouted your name you were gone- woosh!

Barry- I could say well done, still a good time and all that but I know you're disappointed and I can totally relate. You WILL nail it eventually, just need to persevere. I'm telling myself the same thing! Hope the head is not too sore this morning.image

AA- big hug. It was great to run into you after the finish and chat. Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Damn marathons know how to bite us in the bum sometimes. You looked fab in your outfit by the way! Enjoy the recovery, onwards and upwards.

Neil- fantastic time, looking forward to a race report.

Free- same for you, hope you had a good one.

I spent a few hours spectating on Victoria Embankment yesterday, it was hard work, I'm telling you! Saw AA and 2Old but missed Barry. All in all great day out.

Congrats everyone, hope the legs and heads are not too sore today. Enjoy the recovery.

• Nell - amazing. Well done. 

2old - a pb boom!! 

Barry - hope you're not too disappointed. A great time again. 

Freemers - hope your Achilles held out and you enjoyed the champs start. 

Well yesterday wasn't my day. All a rush to the start (sorry I didn't see you guys) and then whisked off to blue start for 2 mins of fame. Just about made green start in time. My legs just didn't get going from the first mile. By 4 miles I knew it was going to be really hard. Mentally it was hard I got very emotional thinking about the funeral and my head wasn't in it. It was catagorically the hardest run of my life and my slowest marathon for 15 years. Went through the "I'm never doing this again" phase from 6 miles. on the upside, I had so much support and raising awareness for my charity "action on hearing loss". Ticked the box for London in fancy dress, got on telly a few times and also got stopped by Colin Jackson at 24 miles for interview! Bumped into Bro on Whitehall afterwards and had a good cry on a sympathetic shoulder. 

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭

((AA)) I really feel for you. I reckon the personal trauma drained you a lot more than you would have thought. Well done for seeing it through. I guess I would have pulled out ...  but how brilliant to be interviewed by Colin Jackson image.

I'm really annoyed that we can't get the BBC programmes anymore image  we usually lose the signal around 1pm. Managed to watch the elites race which was great. That poor woman who won in the end went down at a drinks station and banged her head real hard image. Unbelievably she got up and caught all the runners that had passed her to take the win.

Barry: that sub 3:15 is just being mean to you image  You so deserve a good one at last. Maybe, just maybe if you slowed down your training runs a bit ...  just saying.

Absolutely brilliant PBs for Nell and 2old image  really thrilled for you guys.

• FreemersFreemers ✭✭✭

Amazing times from Nell and 2old - well done!

Barry - well done on another solid time from you

AA - sorry it wasn't the race you'd planned, but sounds like you have put it into perspective.

Well I had a bit of a shocker with a 20 minute positive split! Just goes to show you can't wing a marathon on little speed work. To be honest I didn't feel that great from the off, but tried to keep the pace at around 7.40 which felt OK for my legs, but by 14-15 miles I knew it was going to be a bad second half. Let's just say I adopted a run-walk strategy from about 17 miles....hurt like hell, bad cramps in hamstring and calves, and then my left quad seized up in the last half mile so I was hobbling down the mall.  Today though it's really only my Achilles that are hurting, my quads don't feel too bad - must have been all the walking that helped!

Not really sure how I feel about it - maybe could have got a better result if I'd slowed down earlier, but I think I'd still have struggled later. Disappointed after last year even though I wasn't aiming for that time again, and definitely wasn't enjoying it out there.  But it's done now so need to put it behind me and see what's next on the running horizon.  I feel the need for shorter stuff for the time being.