Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    You'd make a fortune RicF, just make sure you get it into the shops, sorry, onto t'Internet (showing my age there) before that old dear who's just had her 90th pops off, 'cos that will be a doozy when it comes to the Great British Public's outpourings!

Think I'll go off on a short break to some republic somewhere.
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Nessie, I'm not confusing anything. The water is only muddied by businesses pretending to be charities.

Take the Nick Knowles(DIY SOS?) tv program for instance. Everyone who works for that show gets paid. They are contracted or employees. The members of the the public who Rock up and provide labour and materials foc are doing charity work. That doesn't stop the employees getting all the praise though.

It all depends how you spin it.
  • A pretty benevolent winter and a perfect, cool race day. Jealous of you lucky bastards imageimage

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

I'd share this one from a holiday.

/members/images/493151/Gallery/ds.jpg

What a dump!

Resorted to using it as my desktop back ground.

Don't know how I can stand it.

🙂

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Could you not find anywhere nice to go on holiday Ric?  Shame.....

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

/members/images/493151/Gallery/thurrock.jpg

This is more my thing.

🙂

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

It's an environment issue.

Doubtful Sound in New Zealand is all very nice, but it isn't the UK and it also cost a packet to look at. There's also sod all there of interest to me. (it's my wife's homeland and she can now keep it).

Whereas, West Thurrock is one of London's birding bad-lands hotspots. (That's birds, feathered and rare in the London area). That is of interest to me, and has some meaning.

🙂

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Melton Mowbray .

I think you will like it there.....

• Dear weather

It's nearly May, please stop snowing.

Thank you

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

To be quite honest, I think cutting your lawn is going to be a bit too challenging.

/members/images/493151/Gallery/front_garden.jpg

Yes! there's really a house in there. Can you see the top of the chimney?

Junction of Rayners lane (Pinner) and Church Avenue.

🙂

• Dear car manufacturers. Autonomous driving vehicles. Are you really sure? My automatic lights and wipers have no idea what to do half the time, no way do I think we can have driverless cars. How about concentrating more on screwing together the ones you make now a bit better, that'll do fine.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Liverpool fans, no culpability? Not even a smidgeon for those unticketed and refused fans who added to the overwhelming of the Leppings Lane barriers, causing a crush outside, and pushed through when exit gates were opened? Not a slight sense of responsibility? All the bizzies fault then? Fair enough.
  • MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Seriously? 4:30am seemed like a good time to ask me that? Now I have not only had to go to bed late because you were faffing, but also missed out on an hour and a half sleep this end of the night worrying about it. Thanks very much. I shall now be grumpy for the rest of the day.
  • senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    +1 with JT141, police may be incompetent, lied after the event, head should roll etc, but none of the footage shows them pushing and shoving to get into the stadium.
  • JT141 - No. No culpability. Even the the report that led to the inquest found that it was not the case. From the Guardian 3 years ago:

"The report, substantially authored by professor Phil Scraton of Queen's University, Belfast, and unanimously agreed by the panel of eight experts, found there was "no evidence … to verify the serious allegations of exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans".

You can see from the CCTV footage what happens outside. There is agitation and anxiety to get into the ground because kick-off is approaching but there is no evidence of violence or disorder and if there were fans who were drunk or without tickets (I'm guessing there will always be some at every major game anywhere) they did not contribute to the disaster. 

The failings were not only with the police but with the engineers who rebuilt the Leppings Lane end and and and overestimated the capacity of the pens. Read the full 14 points of what the jury had to consider.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

+2
    but lets also remember at the time football stadia were an accident waiting to happen (remember Bradford), so arguably the FA could have been more diligent with allocating venues.
    However this was 27 years ago, and health and safety ain't what it was.
    Let's also remember that football fans were seen then as drunken hooligans, spoiling for a fight, so hardly adored by the authorities. At the time, English teams were already banned from Europe following Heysel (co-incidentally caused by Liverpool "fans" climbing over a fence, although doubtless it could have been any set of supporters).

Tragic, and thankfully we have learned some valauble lessons.

• Also there had already been several "near misses" at Hillsborough, avoided by organised policing by a crowd control expert. That day they basically put a bloke in charge who didn't know what he was doing and didn't bother to find out.

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Your feeble excuse is the modern equivalent of "the dog ate my homework" so no, you can't have an extension on your practical report deadline.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Disagreeing with the Israeli government policy of slaughtering people is not anti-Semitic. That'd be like saying that Daesch is evil and getting accused of being anti Islamic or even like saying the Tories are dismantling society and bring accused of being anti-British.

The woman who suggested moving Israel and all Israelis to America is a complete twunt though.
  • I think most normal people know that VDOT and, as a result, are aware they are being fed a bunch of bullshit by people looking to score political points.

I am voting Green next week, at least their aims go beyond the adversarial, self-serving crap that leads to this undignified scrapping.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

What I wanted to say:  NO.  I don't want to see someone else.  I want to see the person I arranged to see, it is pointless passing me across to someone who has no idea what's going on and I will have to start all over again with to achieve nothing because I needed to see the other person.

What I actually said:  Yes, OK.

• Thanks for travelling with me this morning.  As you will discover in due course, your warm bum on my passenger seat has lifted that chocolate off the upholstery.

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭

As I expected that was a total bloody waste of time.  Admittedly only 10 minutes of time, since you were so keen to get shot of me, but still a waste of time.

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Screams- are we agreeing again?

Madbee- I hope you get better treatment next time.
  • Seriously, are you still believing the authorities' bullshit, so pathetically communicated through the Mudoch press?

Sure, a few Liverpool fans will have had plenty to drink. A handful might have rushed and pushed when the opportunity for free entry arose.  But you'd have to be churlish or extremely naive  to crave the apportionment of some blame onto the supporters. The evidence is so clear.

That would be like deflecting the blame for the Titanic's sinking away from the ship's designers and operators and onto a few thoughtless stowaways, who technically did make the ship a bit heavier.

• ^ it was the iceberg's fault image

VDOT -  yes I think we are image Was hard to ignore the friend who posted on FB asking where the outrage was but I managed.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Media.

Reporting on some fringe tennis player being knocked out in the first round of a minor tournament isn't news, it isn't. It's desperation.

Who writes these reports? are they in the pay of the sponsors? are they in the players pants?

🙂

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Only 4 FB posts about a race not having a medal but a momento instead?
    Does anyone really give a fk (except you?)

• Is the result of some Wendyball game, really the main BBC headline ? 

• MadbeeMadbee ✭✭✭
    Thanks VDOT. Sorry I rarely come back after ranting in this thread, it's kind of you to reply.