Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Just because you like wet , smelly, muddy paws all over you, don't for one minute think that I do. If you can't control your fkin dog, keep it on a lead.

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    NO, BHF, running 26.2 miles over a month is not the same as running a Marathon, it may be commendable, good for you, enhance your chances of a longer healthier life, but it is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination.
  • asitisasitis ✭✭✭

To all my neighbours.

Unless you are prepared to come and clean the shit from my flower beds then keep the cats out of my garden and feed them so they wont rummage through any rubbish in the night and start the dog barking. I like to sleep as I am sure you do. You want them so keep the fucking things to yourself.

Cannot do then don't have them you selfish turds.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I haven't got a clue who any of you are. None of you have contacted me and I don't think I've even had a flyer through the letterbox. So I'm not going to vote for any of you.

• There has been so little election coverage you'd hardly be aware it was happening. Two flyers - Labour and UKIP but didn't vote for either.

• All the candidates for the London Mayor are pants in varying degrees. I'd completely forgotten about it so no idea, may not bother as I don't want to vote for any of them.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Oh I know who to vote for in the council election. It's the PCCs I was referring to.

• Peter Everitt wrote (see)

All the candidates for the London Mayor are pants in varying degrees. I'd completely forgotten about it so no idea, may not bother as I don't want to vote for any of them.

Although I do quite like the idea of a London Mayor called "Pidgeon" - appropriate! image

• Screamapillar wrote (see)
    Peter Everitt wrote (see)

All the candidates for the London Mayor are pants in varying degrees. I'd completely forgotten about it so no idea, may not bother as I don't want to vote for any of them.

Although I do quite like the idea of a London Mayor called "Pidgeon" - appropriate! image

Missed that one! Didn't bother in the end, they were all idiots. Saw the debate on tv a couple of weeks ago when all they could say was how they would solve the housing crisis with 'affordable housing'. Affordable to who? And to how many people? Utter bo****ks.

Edited due to rank stupidity. Stupidity though may not have been completely eradicated.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

The only way housing will become universally affordable is (1) Build so many that the price comes down.

(2) Get rid of a few million people.

Both.

Levy mortgage interest rates of the historical average of 12%, now and again and there you go.

Won't happen.

It's political. There's too many voters with too much to lose and plenty of banks who are determined the voters don't lose until they (the banks) have extracted every last penny from them.

🙂

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    We need a French Revolution style shake up to put an end to the ridiculous policies that make the rich even richer while keeping the poor down with inflated rents and taxes.

Tax the rich more or even better take half of everything that they have and use it to build houses for sale at cost plus 10% to allow building to to continue and expand.

Ban the ownership of more than 2 houses per person or married couple. Make them sell them off within 6 months. That wood help lower prices.

Ban non resident foreigners from owning property here. If resident they could own up to 2 like everybody else.

Make it illegal to leave. Property empty for more than 6 months. After 6 months it would have to be either released to a housing association or sold to one.

Vote for VDot.
  • Cost plus 10% would still exclude most people in London. Ricf is  closer to the answer, there's far more demand than supply.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Watching Peaky Blinders. I think I've gone a bit gay for Cillian Murphy. And who can blame me.
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Peter, Cost of building is much lower than you think and gets cheaper the larger the scale. Land is expensive. the answer is Compulsory purchases (at original cost) of land with permission to build (which is being held to drive prices up).

I'm currently in the process of buying a new build house in Northern Ireland. 125m2 over 3 floors. It has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom with a separate shower, 2 en suites with showers, down stairs utility and loo combo, parking to the front and side (enough for 3 cars easily) and a smallish garden. Price is 135k for complete turnkey finish. My 2 bed leasehold flat in London is selling for 375k. The system is broken so I am getting out before it really goes bang!
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    JT141, you dirty boy.
  • It sort of depends VDOT52 wether you want to live in Northern Ireland or London, or if you can support yourself in either place.

i live in an area where may houses have a "local occupancy" clause in the deeds to provide more affordable housing 

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    we want to live somewhere less polluted, with good schools that we can actually get our kid into and to be mortgage free so we can work to live rather than living to work.

A decent curry is the only thing we will miss about London. Maybe the 2 weeks of summer too, but that is it.

Local occupancy is a great thing. The obsession of making money out of the misery of others needs something to rein it in.
  • We rented for 12 months whilst we were looking to buy ( this place) and we weren't miserable... And I don't think anyone who rented our cottage before we sold that was miserable.

and I'm not sure what is wrong with making money anyway 

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

We rented for 12 months whilst we were looking to buy ( this place) and we weren't miserable... And I don't think anyone who rented our cottage before we sold that was miserable.

and I'm not sure what is wrong with making money anyway 

Nothing is wrong with making money... It's just right down at the bottom some poor sod gets shat on from on high...

Nowt wrong with making money.  It's just if everyone took a sensible profit but not the last squeeze of the stone it would make a heck of a difference further down the line.

• They should move up, or change location 

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Hi Vdot, am writing this in Holywood, looking out over Belfast Lough, and the sun is shining!!!!!!!

Good Luck in Norn Iron, lovely place, friendly people, lots and lots of hills......

Just hope you like rain.image
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Must be my altruistic tendencies but given a chance to stop the concept of' buy to let' in it's tracks I would have murdered the arsehole at Bradford and Bingley who came up with the idea.

Rent out a property if you've paid for it yourself. Getting the tenant to pay off your mortgage! God, you have to be a cunt to think that's ok.

🙂

• plazzyplazzy ✭✭✭
    You fat fuck. I've you've seven dogs, make sure you're in a position to control them, you utter fat fucking cock womble.
  • Dunno Ric, I quite liked getting the renters to pay the mortgage and leave a bit extra to allow me to have fancy holidays and fast cars... I was taking the risk if it all went wrong, and I expect reward for my risk taking 

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Earning money is completely fine and dandy. Sadly most rich people don't earn it, they accrue more wealth simply because they already have money. Coming from money is the most useful way of judging how wealthy you will be. This financial 'survival of the fittest' idea is bollocks because the playing field is not level to start with.

Also 'rent' has various meanings, but the original one is most accurate. It meant money for nothing.
  • VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Only one percent are rich and they hold 99 percent of the wealth. What a lovely system.
  • RicFRicF ✭✭✭

It's a mote point BTL.

A guy I know did point out that in his opinion, most renters were feckless wasters who wouldn't have jack shit regardless of economic conditions.

They live for the day, piss it up the wall and discover the bridge they expected to cross when they came to it doesn't exist because it burnt down.

I confess my dislike of BTL was because it turned this pleasant friend of mine into a nasty megalomaniac with a power based axe to grind.

On a global basis I'm afraid I became one of the 1%.

It was for reasons of survival and to avoid having the financial fuck leveraged out of me by others.

🙂

• ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

2 MRI scans completed half an hour ahead of schedule with no waiting. Five tubes of blood taken, one lumbar puncture done with no resting required afterwards, no headache, the news that I can go for a run this weekend if there is no pain, and I've only the weeniest scab at the base of my spine to show for the lot.

I fucking love you NHS!

• Thank God for Facebook - I mean how else would I know that some z-list celebrity twat is having a spat with some other z-list celebrity twat? image