Open Water swimming

2»

Comments

• Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭

About 7.30 per 400, not sure where that will put me. 200 in the swim.

• PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

Puts you ahead of me if you can hold that. I'd love to think I could do the swim in 40 minutes, but I have a feeling it could be a couple of minutes the wrong side of that. I'll be hovering round the edges of the start as usual.

• swam at Tally again last night Paperman..... still chilly, but much much warmer than last time a fortnight ago..... you'll be fine on Sunday

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

OK, that's gone up - from Facebook:

"Mojo & Mojito lake temperature now....that does say 18.6!"

• 18.6 ? Hardly worth putting a wetsuit on... I'm told the lake here has reached 12.5, suppose I'll find out later 

• sorry I had to leave before you finished Paperman.... I had an afternoon date with a pile of patio slabs, several tons of sand and a wheelbarrow.... 

hope you finished strongly... you looked like you were runnng well out of transition.

Had a good chat with Mrs Paperman and Mini Paperman.... see you all at Outlaw!

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday
  • PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

Many thanks for the support, MC - was much appreciated. Happy to finish under 6 hours in the end - 5:52 from my watch. Poor swim, decent bike by my standards, and the run was about as fast as it was going to be in that heat!

Simo - how did you get on?

• Simo429Simo429 ✭✭✭

Really good, was only doing the mojito but it gave me a lot of confidence before the outlaw half. Was very happy with my bike averaged 19 mph which is much fast than I go in training but then I only train on hilly courses. Definately the best event I have done yet, may do the mojo next year if I sign up for the outlaw full but if not I'll return to do the mojito.

• PapermanPaperman ✭✭✭

Nice one Simo - good luck with the Outlaw Half! (we're not there - the wife's doing Outlaw Holkham Half instead)

• SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Had my first river swim for two years this evening, hot on the heels of my first sea swim in well over two years, last weekend.

Water was surprisingly warm considering I thought I had lost all my acclimitisation after being out of the water for so long.

I have lost a lot of stamina and strength but I guess they will come back with time and practice.  I think I did a little too much this evening and it was a bit scary when I discovered that my leg strength was so poor that I struggled to climb up the river back afterwards.

But onwards and upwards, as they say

• good news.. the rivers are quite warm at the moment