Sunday Session - 1 December

Ho ho! See my cunning pun! Ahem.

What: LAST DAY OF NOT RUNNING! Also, I'm doing my laundry.
Why: Cos my injury is WELL in the way to healing and I'm going to have a crack at a run on Monday.

Last hard: Upper-body stuff t'other day.
Last rest: Today.

Comments

• Morning to all!!!

What: 15 miles today.
    Why: Its been a long time but december sees the start of very long runs on sundays now.
    Last Hard:Yesterdays upperbody gym session
    Last Rest:Thursday

Best get some more Zzzzzzzs before that long run.

Bye all....Happy running
  • Morning everyone

What: First "half" ever - Mainly cross country and very wet!

Why: Was determined to do it today!

Last hard: today even though easy paced!

Last rest: yesterday - only played golf

Got a big buzz from running today and am pleased to run this far before X-mas.

Cheers!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning troops.
    Everyone else out racing this morning judging by yesterdays posts.

What : hour easy run
    Why : recovery after yesterdays x-c
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Friday
  • morning - blustery showers & sunshine here on the Wirral peninsula

not quite Dustin

about to set off on 80 minute run - hopefully - if calf is OK.

Didn't mention that I treated myself to a pair of Saucony Grid Trigons yesterday. V tempted to bring them out for today.....
  • What: 15 miles or so around Richmond Park in crappy rainy windy conditions, which also decided to pee down as soon as I was changing into dry kit. Sigh!

Why: Long slow distance run
    Last rest: Friday
  • What: Regents Park 10km (see events for review)

why: 1st Sunday of the month

New PB - Sub 56 mins - very chuffed

Last hard - today

last rest Saturday
  • g'day all

what: 10 mile slow run
    why: Mr. Higdon's schedule says so.

last hard: Friday gym session
    last rest: Wednesday

Cold, breezy and drizzle but I felt fantastic.
    And the run was great too!!
  • Nice & sunny all the time I was out - AND the calf held up OK - AND I didn't use the new shoes.

what: 11.4 miles of mixed undulating terrain in 82:48
    why: long run day - continuing to extend towards 13 miles.

last hard day: Fri
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Sat

feeling q pleased....
  • Wind, rain, cold...... we love it.

what : Leeds Abbey Dash 10 km.
    why : race day
    last hard : today
    last rest : yesterday

First ever sub 50m. 49m39s. Extremely happy. Took 3 mins off my last 10k race. This must be due to joining a club and trying to keep to marathon schedule (now on week 5). Life is good.
  • Hurray hurray, I am in post-race euphoria and the world is a Good Place!

Completely surpassed my expectations of a sub 47 and did 45.19, took nearly 3 mins off my 10K PB and came first in my v category (that's V35, I'm not that old!) winning a crystal arrangement that I will always treasure, hideous though it is.

Well done paul and Godzilla on your pb.s it must have been a good day for forum races.

Right, I'm off to find a race calculator - surely 1.45 is within the realms of possiblity now at Helsby.

Will put race report on Events.
  • Hi runners,

Arghhhhhh, going mad, need to run,

Last run: 6 mile easy, friday,

Got pain in left ankle for 2 weeks now, its not getting any worse but I am having to cut down on running, which is doing my head in........
  • Well done Laura - that's brilliant! Also to Paul and Godzilla for their PB's.

What: easy 2 miles
    Why: recovery run so just jogged home from work
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Mon
  • Laura - that's a fantastic result, I'm so pleased for you. you really deserve your crystal arrangement after all the work you've put in.

What: Rest
    Why: Frank says so, and failing anatomy agrees.
  • Hello all.

What: About 12K - 6 laps of my village to test out the iffy knees. Fantastic. Feel I'm well on the mend. But WHY don't I ever get abuse/witty comments? I must be living in the Fen Stepford.
    Why: See above.
    Hard: Well.... that probably doesn't quite qualify, so... ages ago.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Well done all the PB-ers, and well done the non-PB-ers too. :-)
  • drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Laura, I would be very surprised if you didn't beath 1:45 at Helsby. 1:40 is probably a more realistic goal.

What: 10k Leeds Abbey Dash in 36:43(see race report)
    Why: fast training run at end of easy week
    Last rest day: yesterday
    Last hard day: Today
  • Well done all you racers.

What: 16M long run in the wind & the rain. I felt good & enjoyed it though

Last Hard: Kent League XC yesterday which went very well posible top 30/35 so I'm in a positive mood!

Rest: Fri
  • CONGRATS everyone who raced, sounds like some fantastic results were had this weekend.

What: nowt
    Why: nursing the mother of all hangovers as a consequence of meeting up with an old mate from university that I've not seen since '99.
    Last hard run: Thank the lord I got my 18 miler in yesterday, no chance of mustering enough energy to do anything except break-wind today!
    Last rest day: Does today count, I feel like my liver has been doing the equivalent to an ultramarathon since the festivities started late afternoon yesterday.
  • HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Feel on top of the world!

What:'Full Monty' 10 miles TOUGH offroad race. 8 tough hills with miles 7 & 8 impossible to run. Finished 6th lady and we won the mixed team- cider & wine! Finish time was 1hr 30mins, but on that kind of terrain (pure mud bath)times are not important.
  • WEll done Laura, Hilly and everyone else on your pbs and prizes.

Can''t say any more as have hurt hand asnd can't type!

wot: 7 miles wiv efforts (done it already)
    why: cos it will make me fast
  • well done laura hilly and paul it was a good day to be running in the drizzle...
  • 10k, sort of multi terrain, PW
    Got muddy though
  • Well done Benz, sounds like a real toughie (had a peek on Events), don't worry about your time - sounds like this wasn't going to be quick for anyone. Be proud!

I've come back down to earth now and feel crystal thingy may turn into xmas pressie for unsuspecting relative! Or I'll swap hilly for her cider.
  • Crystals are nice
    Thanks Laura