Options

Comrades 2016

Comments

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    Lowrez - I flew BA last year. My friend is a BA staff so I was given a surprise upgrade.

I have my email confirmation too.

I did my last UK run yesterday in Exmoor - got a bit lost but not as much as last year's run in the moors.
  • Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

I use paying for business class as my motivation to finish the race!  

• Options
    lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

Mr K - There goes my foggy mind partly remembering your epic blog entry from last year - I must have Emirates on my mind having booked this year image

Good job Comrades is a little better way marked than Exmoor... you might end up in Cape Town if not image 

• Options
    lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

Just had an e-mail telling me oodles of tracking options are available this year; phones, facebook, etc, off to scrutinise for a while...

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Lowrez step away from the junk food.  You can eat to your hearts content in a weeks time!

Was the tracking email an official comrades one?

• Options
    DannirrDannirr ✭✭✭

Yes it was an official one 

• Options

Phew- got my confirmation email.  Right better get on with sorting out flights and accomodation!  Only joking

Debra- I had an email from Amazon advertising a book called "parkrun:much more than just a run in the park".  Can you recommend it ? image

• Options
    Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

....but just think of all the flapjacks and gels you could carry in that handbag Lowrez

I just had my pain threshold reset in advance of Sunday by a 104kg 2m tall physio.  A lot of things are tight and the ITB is just one so I've had a session of deep release and dry needling.  The treatment has already helped, despite the pain resulting from the treatment,  and he believes I would be fine by Sundayimage.  A 'lighter' session booked for Thursday.

It is the finale of the Brutal Fruit Premier League netball on Friday/Saturday.  We are into netball in my house and my wife is one of the university coaches and also the North West development coach.  North West Flames are in the semi-final of the knock out at 6pm in Durban so I'll be a little late for the dinner.  The Final will be on Saturday to which I hope the Flames would qualify so I'll go along to that as well.  Please let me know if anyone wants to join.  It is R20 per ticket per day and it is at North Beach.

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

BikeIt glad the treatment helped.  I have had physio treatments before that can only equal the pain of having a baby (i.e. frickin awful and require stupid breathing techniques to get through it all).  Hopefully the race will seem painless now image

• Options

Still awaiting my confirmation email. image

Got an email this morning say confirmation email, but all it tells me about is the events this week and click a link to tell you about the international tent ?? 

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

Doesnt sound like it SBA - mine had this title and had an attachment that needs to be printed out

Comrades Marathon 2016 - Entry Confirmation #20462‏
  • Options
    Slow DuckSlow Duck ✭✭✭
    SBA - I got the same one this morning - then got another one about 30mins ago with two attachments.

Amused that for the number collection point "international" is mis-spelt the way it is pronounced in SA...
  • Options
    Lowrez, what is WoH?

Confirmation here today while I was at the beach soaking in the sun. Same again tomorrow.. Had a full body Thai massage on Saturday in Umhanga.. Asked her to go deeper on the legs. Cost about ??15.. no happy ending though!

Ran a 16k hilly before the massage just to get my last double digit run done before the day. Will probably do a quick 10k tomorrow then that's it till Saturday for parkrun. Didn't make it to Saturday's one as I underestimated the trip from man-dbx-dur. It really is a monstrous way to get from UK to S-A
  • Options

Hello 

I have also received my  Entry confirmation  Number 15585 this afternoon.  I can't open the  2nd attachment do we need this or is it just the Confirmation  letter in a different format?

• Options
    Patricia just search Google play if you use android or app store if you use iPhone for pkpass then you can open that other files.
  • Options

Hi zuluboy thank you,  I have managed to open pkpass on my  iphone but not on my computer. but it looks like a copy of the email I was sent yesterday so that is ok.

• Options
    marty74marty74 ✭✭✭

PG3 - glad to hear kids are on the mend and you have some really cool nails now!!!

SBA - i had that email you were talking about last night. Received the other one today some 12 hours later so hopefully you have yours now.

becca - guess i will catch up with you in durban airport somewhere around international arrivals? I will be towing a large blue case and another smaller hand luggage.

And for the spiga dinner on friday evening, is a plan to meet in reception at the hotel, order enough taxis for us all then jump in together? Happy for whatever time suits everyone best.

And since people are beginning to start their travels, take care and hopefully say in durban somewhere.

• Options
    marty74marty74 ✭✭✭

And is there a way of tracking your own progress on your facebook page at all? I don't seem to have the email that lowrez spoke about on the previous page? New to facebook so haven't done that before and not sure where to lookimage

• Options

Have been lurking on here to keep tabs on everyone's progress - looks as though you're in good shape and all set for a memorable day next weekend.

Very fond memories of last year - will be thinking of all of you on Sunday.

Good luck and don't forget to enjoy it!!!

• Options
    Lorenzo good for checking in. Bad that you chickened out and won't get your back to back. Boooo.

Got my confirmation email finally, last half hour just before midnight.. Taking their time!

Flying later Tuesday.

Marty I thought it was a standard link across to Facebook but may have your race number (or maybe even timing chip) in. Will check. It just worked for me.

Good point, those flying soon, tie that timing chip to your shoes now.
  • Options
    Becca7Becca7 ✭✭✭

Marty, will look out for you in Durban. I should have a red holdall with wheels and a grey hoody with the 90th Comrades patch. Similarly, caashford and Debra.

• Options
    Bike ItBike It ✭✭✭

Is it time for another list yet?

All being well I would finish in sub-9 hours and that is my primary time goal above all others.  I want to finish happy and have some good memories of who I met along the way and how I felt.

My PB is 8:48 and I believe I have done enough to beat it  If I can keep going at a reasonable pace in the second half I would try to achieve something around 8:30.

Otherwise just happy to finish in one piece with some great experiences along the way and get a 4th finish.

Who          Pen  Number       Time Targets
    Bike It       B       49072         (a) sub-9 (b) around 8:30 (c) sub-11 

• Options
    Peter RPeter R ✭✭✭

Bike it , always scares me how close our numbers are.

Peter        C       47902         (a) sun-9 (b) finish

• Options

SBArab   C        27241         (a) Sub 9 (b) sub 9:51 my CPB (c) Finish 

Looking at the forecasts hot hot hot ranging from 74-80oF on the day 

still not got my confirmed I am in email... I have drop them an email. 

• Options
    John1946John1946 ✭✭✭

SBArab   C        27241         (a) Sub 9 (b) sub 9:51 my CPB (c) Finish 

John1948 C       18237         (a) sub-9   (b) sub 10:33  (c) finish

• Options
    Peter RPeter R ✭✭✭

I am off to the airport, 3.5 hour flight for me.  Safe trip everyone.

• Options
    lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

Zuluboy - WoH=Wall of Honour

Marty - Best ask info re the tracking e-mail - not sure if the facebook link they send contains unique info for your specific data feed - I'm slightly unsure as it is the same as the very late e-mail I got last year and it didn't work for me, no FB posts, but that could be because I didn't do it properly - I was in a rush about to leave for flights I recall.
    The way it works is; actually they don't say this bit, but, I assume you need to be logged in to your FB account, then in the e-mail they've sent there is a "connect with facebook" button; when you hit that you get a list of checkpoint boxes; you can fill in with witty comments etc which will post to your FB wall as you pass over the timing mats at:-
    Start
    Lion Park 16 km
    Cato Ridge 31 km
    Drummond 45 km
    Winston Park 59 km
    Pinetown 70 km
    Sherwood 82 km
    Durban 89 km
    I've not done this yet - still thinking up witty comments!

PG3 - I didn't step away image

Bike It - I might bring that handbag - like the thought of an in-run supply of flapjacks image

• Options
    lowrezlowrez ✭✭✭

SBArab    C        27241         (a) Sub 9 (b) sub 9:51 my CPB (c) Finish 

lowrez       CC    10878         (a) finish (b) sweeper wagon (c) bar

• Options
    Becca7Becca7 ✭✭✭
    lowrez wrote (see)

Becca7 C           20607        (a) sub-10 (b) sub 11 (c) finish

• Options
    PG3PG3 ✭✭✭

ho          Pen  Number       Time Targets

Becca7 C           20607        (a) sub-10 (b) sub 11 (c) finish

Pip             CC    20462         (a) finish (b) sweeper wagon (c) abandoned on road side