Options

The Thousand Mile Club

Comments

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Oh dear Zouse, that doesn't sound good. Good luck and recovery vibes to Mr Zouse, keep your priorities right and ease back into the challenge when you and he are ready and not before!

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Flooded cellar, Harmander? Was that one of those thunderstorms they were talking about the other day? Black skies here but no storms thankfully.

• Options

Same here, no idea how it happened and water board are confused too - must be the work of a suicide plumber somewhere ... lol

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

I'm fortunate to have never had a flood or leak (I'm talking about the house here) but it must be a filthy job to clean up. I wish you luck with that and hopefully nothing of value damaged.

Another fine day here in sunny Reading. Blue skies and cool-ish breeze and warm but not sticky so today's little bimble was easier than Tuesday's. Maintained a steady pace of just under 9 to the mile, usual route, 7.06 miles. Nothing too strenuous because off to Osterley Park on Saturday for a nifty little 10K.

589.47 ytd

• Options

Hot and humid yesterday - hate it, did 12.75 miles in 2:18:12 uphills.

YTD = 954.93 miles in 175:50:16.

It was my 100th 'run' including races this year out of 168 days - so averages are:

9.55 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes and 7 seconds per run at 11 minutes and 0.5 seconds a mile.

I will try to knock that 0.5 seconds a mile off in the next 45 miles 

• Options

Hope everyone is doing well with their target. Looking very close there Harmander! 

I haven't been to this thread in a while after a poor May (25 miles total for the month!) due to a post marathon foot injury. Seems better now but I've lost all the cushion I'd built up in early months. Still, even with that bad month I'm 70 miles ahead of this time last year and projected mileage for the year 1005. Just need to stick at it for the next 6 months.....

• Options

Thanks everyone, was cooler yesterday so was a little faster but tired.

12.75 miles added so 

YTD = 967.68 miles in 177:06:32

Just 52km to go now and 5 days to do it in - got LSR of about 30km over the weekend but got to keep the pace up.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Stick with it Catalin, you're still in the hunt and the year is young ...

I was in west London today, the National Trust stately pile at Osterley Park, for a nifty little 10K. Struggled in the humidity in the second half of the race but still managed a whisker under 49 minutes. And comfortably inside the first quarter of the field.

I suspect many of the others were a bit weary after already doing the Park Run an hour earlier, which is a great idea because it makes my placing look better than it really is image.

595.67 ytd

• Options

Had a great LSR and Parkrun pacing total of 19.08 miles in 3:08:02 today - this makes

YTD = 986.76 miles in 180:41:34 which means I can afford to do the 13.24 miles in 2:38 and still average under 11 minutes a mile for 1000 miles. Easy Peasy. 

Oh to top it all, daughter-in-law gave birth to a baby boy in the early hours - mother and child doing ok.

Cellar nearly cleared, grass cut just before the downpour.

Not a bad day really, just waiting for England game and the Lottery results image

• Options

I HAVE DONE IT.

13.76 MILES IN 2:33:56 TODAY

YTD = 1000.52 MILES IN 183 HOURS 15 MINUTES AND 30 SECONDS @ 10 MINUTES AND 59.4 SECONDS A MILE.

NOW FOR THE NEXT 1000 MILES IN A FASTER TIME SO I CAN CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE BY END OF THE YEAR.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT TO KEEP GOING

• Options
    Well done Harmander!! Hope you've got suitable 1000 mile celebration planned!
  • Options

Hello all - back in good ol' Blighty!

Zouse - sorry to hear your news, all the best to Mr. Zouse.

WOOHOO Harmander - you're a star! I was thinking negative split on distance (longer in second half) but since you've offered both distance and time that sounds good image Hope flood reparation is going smoothly and many congrats on the new grandson (surely you're not old enough!).

Another nice 10K there Muttley... you've really hit your groove, it seems.

Welcome back Catalin - steady does it... there's plenty of time to go.

I managed one additional run while I was away - 4.01 miles with a work colleague when we first arrived in San Antonio - hot and dry, in contrast to Houston! We just set off with no plan on where we were going. It was about 9:30 at night and all was well until we reached a neighbourhood with an exponential increase in police cars and genuine Bail Bond businesses - at this point we decided to turn round and retrace our steps back to the hotel... hahaha...

Progression run this afternoon - a very nice shake out for the legs after three back-to-back flights on Friday/Saturday: 4.35 miles, and hoping to go out again tonight for a double.

YTD: 490.47 miles

• Options

Little Nell and Catalin,

Celebration includes a day off lol

We now have four grandchildren - our daughter has a 12 year old daughter and a 9 year old son - our son has a two year old daughter and a two day old son.

We were married at 19.

Next 1000 miles will start by trying to get new PD's at Parkruns - before my 57th birthday next month.

• Options

Haha - good to hear you had a day off to celebrate, Harmander! Four grandchildren - bet they keep you busy... amazing you have the time to do all your running as well!!!

Jet lag is a biatch - so I'm wide awake image Went for my run double at about midnight in an attempt to tire myself out: an additional 5.05 miles.

YTD: 495.52 miles (Huzzah! Half way tomorrow when I do my delayed LSR image)

• Options
    PompeyMattPompeyMatt ✭✭✭

Well done Harmander, on to the next 1000 before year's end!

I'm definitely making progress with the injury and I'm up to one run per week and feeling more comfortable each time I run-I'm a long way off my peak fitness though!

I did 5 miles in 47 minutes last Sunday and followed it with 10 miles yesterday which still puts me a long way off target in terms of mileage but I'm more concerned with just getting to normal this side of Christmas. Next planned run is on Monday and my first physio appointment is the following day which I hope might help with reducing the recovery period.

June   15.00

2016  337.8

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Haven't done any running since 3 June due to a combination of being very busy at work and also still having pain in my foot, so I decided last week to have a complete rest from running to try and clear it up. It has partly worked (in that it feels much better), so am going to try out a short run tonight to see how it goes.

• Options

Hi all.  Some fantastic running going on here.  Can't believe you've reached 1000 already!

I've had a dip in mileage for the last couple of months (I find weekend races take away my longer run which reduces my mileage).  But still just about on track.

YTD 476

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

So, only a paltry 3 miles but I suppose I have to start again somewhere! 418 YTD

• Options

Blerrrgghh - absolutely shattered!

Did 15.00 miles last night taking me through half way.

YTD: 510.52 miles.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Evening. Did a gentle 12.02 miles this afternoon. Nice and slow along the towpath upriver, turn round and back.

• Options

Well done everyone - have decided to only record Parkruns until the end of June as am doing some serious (short bursts/sesions) of speedwork until then. 

This will allow me a more realistic challenge to beat my first 1000 miles total time from 1 July - AND spend some quality time with the little grandson (Harvir Singh - probably going to be called Harvey by everyone as his sister Ashleen who is two calls him.

• Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

Cracking performances in the mugginess, everyone!

Harmander - double congrats. A fourth grandsprog & 1000 miles. Well done, that man! Harvir/Harvey is a great name! Welcome to the world, wee one!

Mr Zouse is now healing really well & has surprised his nurses, but he's now reached the feeling-a-lot-better-but-still-not-allowed-to-do-anything stage, which he finds VERY frustrating!

The NHS have been amazing, and they all deserve medals. image

I've managed to sneak out for a couple of runs now I'm not worrying about him so much and don't have to take him to his appointments everyday.

YTD = 535

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

That's good to hear, Zouse. But you still need to pamper him.

(My advice to Mr Zouse, now that he is on the road to recovery, is to not to say he feels better too early and to milk it for all it's worth. He should remain true to his gender.)

• Options
    ZouseZouse ✭✭✭

Ssshhhhh!!! 

Don't tell him that!!

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

This morning's total is 7.86 miles including a warmup and then a smidge over 7 at a steady pace. It felt good on the way back so I added an extra loop to the next bridge to add just under a mile to the usual route.

615.55 ytd

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

3 more miles last night at a slightly improved pace to the night before. Bit sticky out though. 421 YTD

• Options
    StylishStylish ✭✭✭

Good afternoon all. Not doing much and therefore not running very far either. Lots of issues which are very draining. Hope everyone is well?

YTD = 235.47

• Options
    AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Not so bad thanks Stylish, just a bit frustrated at feeling injured and sluggish! Really need to beat these niggles and have a better second half to the running year.

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Good to see you, chaps ... sending positive vibes to resolve the issues and injuries and get back into the groove.

As for my run this morning ... CBA, I'm afraid. No reason I can discern, just, well, CBA.

Tomorrow, I promise.

• Options

I am back.....

First Parkrun since first 1000 miles. Am not counting the 9 miles of speedwork immediately before the Parkrun because I said I would not but I paced for 27:30 and did 27:13 - a new PB on this course for me - will try to bring it down by a minute before my birthday in five weeks time.

New YTD = 3.11 miles in 0:27:13 (8:46 minutes/mile)