Sub 3h15

Comments

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Badbark - all the best for tomorrow. Go smash it!
    SJ - 4 hours before work is going some! Have a good race on Sunday.
    PMJ - sounds like a fabulous run. I headed up from Sandy Lane to Bawsey ruins and onto the first of the lakes yesterday - never been down those farm roads before.
    GM - pleased you've got a diagnosis and a plan of action. Take care.
    Birch  - which 10k are you doing? I take it you haven't entered the Hull mara yet, then.
    OO - Congrats to junior OO and still an excellent pace by you too - not far behind your daughter!
    4 mile recovery run this morning. I could have done some commuting miles, but decided not to push the mileage too rapidly (43 last week and 47 already this week).

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

Normanby Hall, Gul - just north of Scunthorpe.

no, not entered Hull - still prevaricating !  

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

My 1st 3 miles were @5:45 pace PMJ (about 17:50 5K). Then the wheels came off the bus image

Junior is going to try challenge the ladies course record at parkrun tomorrow (18;11). I'm going to try and spoil the party image

Great miles Gul and Birch, my weekly total will be well down.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Nice one OO!

The run leg on Sunday at Leeds is 10K so I'm curious as to how it will turn out. I haven't raced a stand alone 10k for 2 years (let alone after a swim and bike) so it could be messy. I won't be doing the first 3 miles in 5:45 pace though....
  • Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

Good luck with your big events this weekend SJ and BB. I know that you both have a different focus for your races, but either way, dbs.

You are still quick over those 5 and 10ks OO. At the moment, I would love 1 mile at 5:45, let alone 3.

Good news on your various tests - and on your new bike GM. Hope your back doc can soon get you on the road.

I also have a 10k on 19th Birch. Hoping to get back under 40 minutes, but wondering if I will ever get there again. With 40:44 at Langdale in April and 40:23 in London 2 weeks ago, it's getting closer, but feels like extremely hard work.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Thanks fishy, 40:44 at Langdale is worth 39:59 on a flat course - easyimage

Had GFA validation mail - but site not taking payment - I'll try again a bit later
  • SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Done

In for my very first VLM image

Looking forward to seeing you all on the start line!
  • SlokeyJoe wrote (see)

Looking forward to seeing you all on the start line!

Maybe the pub afterwards but not the start.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Very kind of you PMJ, mine's a Guiness...
  • BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Gm - thats positive news, happy for you

OO - excellent sub 6 min/mile racing

Birch - My weight loss is down to eating clean, 60 mile running weeks and lower carbs. Good luck in your race

Sj - all the best in the Tri race

Im currently on the wife's IPad about to drink 500ml of beetroot juice. Pre race nerves kicking in nicely, helping the toilet visits. The 100k starts at 7 am. I'll be finished by 4! ????

• Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭

Birch - not going for a quick recce a week on Sunday to help make your mind up?
    Fishy - hard work - but worth it!
    SJ - good news on VLM - go celebrate in style tomorrow.
    PMJ - unless I get a ballot entry, I'll be joining you thereimage
    Badbark - enjoy the beetroot juice! All the best.
    Another 5 slow miles (avg HR 126) to finish the week with a total of 52 miles.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Good work BB - you'll be halfway home by now I'd imagine image
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

My 18:04 parkrun was the fastest for a year, but somewhat overshadowed by junior who ran 17:53 taking 18 seconds off the ladies course record.

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Lorenzo- my next race may be a 10 miler on 30th june but will have to take a few hrs of work to run it .

Gerard- hope you get sorted soon.image

Fishy - you can do it and of course running a pb is bloody hard work image

Madbark - all the best with the 100k should be going nicely now image 

Gul- nice mileage 

0053- You are getting proper fast again and will soon catch Junior .. image

Parkrun this morn for me too , splits ...6:37,6:39,6:29,5:13 to give me 20:16  same time as last week. Legs felt like lead from the start and midweek reps seem to be taking their toll but should see the benefits soon (I hope)  image 

• Come on BB, we need a report. What's keeping you? Not like it's a long wayimage

SJ, I'll happily get one in for you.

parkrun today was hot and sweaty and I have had a busy week so wasn't mentally up to it and when they asked for a pacer to help an 8 year old boy crack 23 minutes (his PB was 23:19) as his Dad couldn't run that fast it was an easy decision to make. 22:48 later we had a very happy 8 year old.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Nice touch PMJ, everyone's a winner!

Not only looking forward to BB's report but also keen to hear about his first post-race pee! 500ml of beetroot juice will come out like neat Ribena!

After a superb day at Lord's yesterday, this morning's 12 miler was tough to get out for. Funny enough, there was no hangover as I drank sensibly yesterday and had an early night but the cumulative fatigue from the week's sessions was very evident in my legs. My pal and I just ran it slow as it was very warm and muggy too, finishing at 8.04 pace to complete 6 runs in 7 days and 47 miles. A shock to the system after a few weeks of taking it relatively easy.

Good luck to all on runs/races this weekend.

GD

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Birch - get that Hull entry in.  It's only an online click or perhaps a "fern curl" away.

Good luck to BB

Fine running by Jnr OO, and the old fella wasn't bad either 

GFA entered. And it's PMJ's round, excellent.

Marple Parkrun this morning, much drier than usual despite epic rain this week.  Good conditions contributed to 19.43 for 6th place and 77.26% WAVA. Fastest PR and first sub-20 since 2014 so very happy with that. Life in the old dog etc.

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭

excellent parkrunning today - fast times all round, and good one with the young lad, PMJ . . 

better parkrun for me today also - 21:44 in the middle of 11 miles - back to a reasonable WAVA (74.46 %)  & no niggles from calf or knee ! 1st VoGit .

eagerly awaiting BB's news  . . . 

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Is he finished yet ? ( badbarkimage Id imagine he is a bit tired now !

• Also still waiting for Badbark - perhaps 100K wasn't far enough and he did a detour to the local parkrun this morning.

Talking of parkrun - super wow to junior OO. Stunning time.

Successful junior outing for younger Lorenzito today as well - he took 5s off his 1500m to bring it down to 4:17 leaving him just outside the medals in the county champs.

As for the slower member of the team, I went out for an easy 7 miles this morning, but more importantly tested what my backpack felt like with 1.5L of water in the hydration pouch plus a few other bits and pieces in there. All seemed pretty comfortable, and a lot more so than when I'm commuting with a lap top in there.

Takes me up to 40 for the week, so will probably pop out for an hour tomorrow and then start tapering and getting some rest before next weekend.

• Fish52Fish52 ✭✭✭

Sounds like a good day out at Lords GD and a nice hangover free 12!

Great super fast running from junior Lorenzito and OO. And a good test run for your hydration system Lorenzo.

Inspired by Birch, I finished this week with an easy 9 - so 50 for the week. A nice round number and it feels like a landmark...the last time I did 50 was in August 2014. No twinges of any sort from the old hip. Of course, we all know that Badbark does more than that in just 1 day - but where's the report?

I have a 5 day contract in Thurrock next week, so I'm looking forward to some Thames side running.

• SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    2:19:40 151st and 21st in age group - not bad for a mid training leg stretch

41:52 for the run
  • Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Fishy- back up to big miles .

Slokey- nice racing image

Badbark-have you finished yet ? image

5 easy very early ones.

• BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

A quick post to say I finished the 100k in 9.11 for 4th place. Just missed a podium by about a minute. Brutal days work. Nearly dropped out after 45 miles but soldiered on. Amazingly tough experiece. Full report to follow in a few days. Drinking in Dublin now. image

• Leslie HLeslie H ✭✭✭

Glad you made it round Badbark image Enjoy the beers image

• GerardMGerardM ✭✭✭
    Well done Badbark! Enjoy your pints in the my home town. Envious here must be a good buzz about the place.
  • SlokeyJoeSlokeyJoe ✭✭✭
    Well done BB - looking forward to the report
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

9h would be a pretty respectable time for 50m off road. For 100k it's really excellent. Well done that fella.

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Can't wait for your report BB- splendid effort.

Good progress on the parkrun Birch.