Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• MrSoft wrote (see)
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    MrSoft wrote (see)
    I couldn't give a toss you have joined the 100 marathon club. When a first timer like me can do a quicker marathon at 40 than any of your 100 plus marathons, I'm not sure you should be boasting too much about how many you have done.

I think they have every right to boast. But then calling yourself "MrSoft" and thinking it is all about speed probably says much more about you than you realise.

Well it is about speed at club level.  Why do London have good for age, championship and elite entries? Why does Boston have a qualifying time?.   Age category prizes?.  

Unless you are at the very pointy end then there are always going to be people faster than you so no, it is not necessarily about speed. Some runners are not fast but they still have as much a right to call themselves runners as you do, even if they only person they are "racing" is themselves.

it is also pretty mean spirited - certainly not in the spirit of this forum - to belittle the achievements of others.

And I hate to break it to you but, in the grand scheme of things, running 100 marathons, however slowly, is actually a big achievement, some might say more so than your single 3.20 marathon (which isn't even a GFA time for London).

So please stop being an arse.

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

3.20 is a GFA time for London... if MrsOft is a woman.

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Trying to grow human organs by implanting human stem cells into pig foetuses and letting them grow in the pigs' wombs?

You have the safeguard that you'll check the brains to ensure that they aren't "too human".  Well, that's alright then!

Sometimes I could go to war with the West myself.   What right have we got to do this to our planet?

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Well I dunno. The advantage is that you can grow yourself a new, say, pancreas and a bacon butty at the same time.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭

David Cameron will be happy.

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭

Because of my injury I have already placed an order for a size 10 right foot with a Dr Gustavsson from the Aunthagen un-Hog clinic in Strasburg.

The subject will be a wild orphan boar, apparently they have a top speed of 30-35 mph so in case any speed gene would happened to be transcended  I will have to get the left one done to stop me going around in circles.

I will update when the procedure has been completed for any interested parties.

• Nose Nowt wrote (see)

3.20 is a GFA time for London... if MrsOft is a woman.

He isn't.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

(Stands in the town square in Lille)

Excuse me guys, what's the difference between England and a teabag?

The teabag stays in the cup longer.

(Runs away)

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

Presumably that's all said in a Russian accent.

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    One of the arguments re Brexit appears to be "all these immigrants will clog up the NHS", but whenever Iv'e been in A&E I seemed to have seen more obese, binge drinking, fag smoking brits there than any immigrants. Just a thought.
  • PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Sodding jackdaws bullying the bluetits/greattits/sparrows and stealing all the food. Horrible big nasty pigs which don't care if the little birds starve. Now p*** off.

• OK weather, there is cricket on tonight so decide what you are going to do.

I would like to go to the game but I also have to work tomorrow so would also be happy to go home so full match or nothing please, I don't want hanging around in the rain, delays and reduced overs. 

Thank you.

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭
    senidM wrote (see)
    One of the arguments re Brexit appears to be "all these immigrants will clog up the NHS", but whenever Iv'e been in A&E I seemed to have seen more obese, binge drinking, fag smoking brits there than any immigrants. Just a thought.

By immigration its the children they will have and so forth, I heard last year something like 230,000 immigrants arrived equalling the size of Oxford so what will that equate to come 20 years time. The hospitals and schools already cannot cope, never mind the roads anyway I think this is where they are coming from.

I totally agree about the obese fag, dunked brits. In and out the doctors all there life. I am surrounded by them whenever in a waiting area for my kids.  A really bad problem and bleeding the Nhs.dry.  It is something that really worries me for there future and all the people that try to do things right. They are the real victims.

• popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭

20 past 11 at night and we get a call from my daughter who is upstairs in her attic conversion bedroom - her and her 18 year old boyfriend want us to come up and deal with a spider !   

• Nose NowtNose Nowt ✭✭✭

I'll leave it for another time to point out that the salesman who described all those fantastic features of the Karrimor running shoes you both bought today, might just have had a vested interest.  And do you really think they've ever been on sale for £160?

Genuinely glad you're going to have a go at getting into running though.

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    "Madre de Dios" (or Portugese equivalent), "Here I am, the worlds most gifted player, making the hardest pass in football, the Penalty Pass off the Post, and those retards I'm forced to play with can't even put the ball into the open goal in front of them!

No wonder I look to the heavens in despair at their incompetence"
  • Cristiano Ronaldo is a living God - it's a shame that nobody but himself can see it...

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

/members/images/493151/Gallery/startopsres.jpg

This looks like the 'canal bank' at Startops Resevoir Tring, with this lot looking at Marsworth.

If so, then according to the BBC, Aylesbury is in fact a part of North Korea. 

🙂

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    popsider wrote (see)

20 past 11 at night and we get a call from my daughter who is upstairs in her attic conversion bedroom - her and her 18 year old boyfriend want us to come up and deal with a spider !   

• senidMsenidM ✭✭✭
    Popsider, you got it easy re spiders and daughters, mine still calls me over to her flat 5 miles away for arachnid removal, and she's just turned 35!

Daughter that is, spiders age/sex unknown, but last was a big one,image
  • How can a manager claim to be totally dominant in all 3 games, when the results show 2 draws and a scraped win ? 

#dontunderstandwendyball

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    Ooh- he gave it a girls name. Is that because it is sexy? Or is 'wendyball' Just a misguided mysogynistic meany term?
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Dave The Iron Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

How can a manager claim to be totally dominant in all 3 games, when the results show 2 draws and a scraped win ? 

#dontunderstandwendyball

Because you get points for scoring goals, not playing well. 

#itsnotthatdifficult image

• Thanks for explaining total dominance in football
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭

I'm Scottish.  We understand total dominance in football.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

LOL!  I hadn't seen that one.

• PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭

Sorry, but some newspapers really are full of lies and distortions. Yet you are basing your voting intentions on what you read in them. That's plain stupid.

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Poacher wrote (see)

Sorry, but some newspapers really are full of lies and distortions. Yet you are basing your voting intentions on what you read in them. That's plain stupid.

• Tom Cruise,

please do the decent thing and cast someone else as Jack Reacher