Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Pounds dropping!

Handy!

Well for me it is. I have foreign assets.

🙂

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

I have some Euros left over from my last holiday. Get in!

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

...actually overall pound was up today wasn't it...and I expect will go higher tomorrow if polls are right...good job I have some pounds left over in my wallet...Get in again!

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    I've still got some tokens for the coffee machine at North Yorkshire County Council circa 1992. Get in!

And I've got an old penny. Not a euphemism.
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

pound back up again...

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Virtually at the final knockings. No point in beating about the bush now. Time to see how stupid the nation is. Anyone else staying up to see if we've flushed the country down the toilet?
  • A cheeky peek at the names ticked off by us and I'd say that the turnout round here was only about 50%?
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

I'm around, Brexit now 8/1 on betfair...

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Well, a large proportion of Leave tories and IDS have today urged Cameron to remain leader regardless of the outcome. Wonder if they sense which way this has gone. Has a whiff of self preservation about it.
  • booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

EEEPS Squeaky bum time.

• The public are just too stupid to make important decisions.

What next - do we get to vote on battle plans in the next war?

Let's put everything to the vote. Budgets - the lot of it. We don't need namby pamby experts with qualifications and decades of experience. Let the people decide.
  • NorthEnderNorthEnder ✭✭✭

WIth respect to those who voted Leave for good reasons, I have to feel that it's looking like Disasterville.

If Leave wins, Cameron must go down as the most arrogant, stupid, foolish prime minister ever.

The UK will fall apart after centuries of history... and (IMO) primarily because so many people felt like making an anti-establishment protest vote.   I know that the 'Leavers' might see that as sour grapes, but that's what I think.

Cameron called this vote for his own political advantage....  then told us that it would be the end of the world if we do leave.  What an idiot.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    My mind keeps going back to the Simpsons episode when Homer, as the average American, is left to design a car for the everyman...

Well as a northener all I can say is sorry. Fingers crossed London went very big for Remain. I'm off to bed. I'm sort of shocked at the ignorance, bigotry and hubris that has driven so many people in their vote. I thought we were smarter than this. I'll try to stay optimistic but right now I feel pretty estranged and embarrased by my country.
  • JindaleeJindalee ✭✭✭
    Not looking good for remain atm... Leave has 51.5 % of the votes so far.
  • runner-manrunner-man ✭✭✭

Been watching the results and simply cannot believe it. ITV giving leave 80% chance win. Sky indicating the same. Currently leave are in the lead. Whatever way it simply too close. So many results indicating leave. Either something dramatic is about to happen or this country is entering into the unknown.

• NorthEnder wrote (see)

WIth respect to those who voted Leave for good reasons, I have to feel that it's looking like Disasterville.

If Leave wins, Cameron must go down as the most arrogant, stupid, foolish prime minister ever.

The UK will fall apart after centuries of history... and (IMO) primarily because so many people felt like making an anti-establishment protest vote.   I know that the 'Leavers' might see that as sour grapes, but that's what I think.

Cameron called this vote for his own political advantage....  then told us that it would be the end of the world if we do leave.  What an idiot.

Even Norther

NorthEnder wrote (see)

I agree. A vote for an independent NI has even been mentioned. The turkeys actually have voted for Christmas - I hope they think it was worth it!

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Not looking good, still we should be OK with Boris,Gove & Farage at the helm.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Oh yes, and weakest pound against the dollar since 1985!

• Although there is some talk of the possibility of an early election which might have the silver lining of getting rid of Boris and his snotty little pal... 

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Well it's done. The Leave vote have officially won. The pound is tanking and it will be carnage when the London market opens. Wouldn't be a huge surprise if trading is suspended if it goes off a cliff. What's done is done. This has such a huge impact on the future and it is unclear what benefits can be found. But they must be found in time. It may well be a decades worth of work to pull things together. I hope that's a good place. I hope the next few years aren't dominated by economic and social decline and that public services like the NHS remain intact.

The consequences will be very real. I don't know if we're prepared for them. Hope for the best.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

markets should open OK. Most of London has been in all night.
    Bank stocks off over 10% in Asia, naturally the pound and euro are getting caned. US Treasuries flying.
    Awaiting with baited breath the new policies

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Wow. Woke up and thought I'd check but was pretty confident remain would win. I think that's it for polling. So, we're out. A real shame I think.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Wish I'd put a bet on leave now. 

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Cameron and Osborne gone? Boris or Gove for PM? Another referendum for Scotland? Other EU countries to quit?

I wonder how much all the warnings/promises from both sides will come true.

That has ruined my day. Got to watch Farage celebrating all feckin day on the news.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Got out to 14/1 last night, just about offsets the higher cost of my holiday money!

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Never mind. The winnings would be worth sod all by the time you got to collect them anyway.
  • NorthEnderNorthEnder ✭✭✭

It's a complete disaster.  Complete.

Utter stupidity from our leaders ever to call this referendum. It opened the door for those who have a genuine belief that we should leave the EU to be joined by those who wanted to give the establishment a kicking...  to edge it over the 50% mark.

Got a mortgage?  Sell your house today... unless you can afford high interest rates.

Want a nice standard of living?  Sorry.

Proud that London is the major financial centre - er...   bye bye to that one. Frankfurt bankers will be rubbing their hands together.

Bye bye Scotland.  It's been great.

Oh.... Sinn Fein just announced that the pressure for a vote on a united Ireland has just increased.  Well, that's all going to be a bed of roses.

Don't fancy a war in your lifetime.  er...  better die pretty quick then.

How much of that is over the top - that remains to be seen.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Yeah, we'll see NE.

I think it's sad.