Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• I think the people who voted leave are just tired of the meddling that the EU does on a regular basis. All Europeans should feel very welcome in the UK, the  problem is the institution and not the population.

• My life has been affected immediately as in my weeks holiday in France is now going to be more expensive as the pound collapses.

But that might only be the beginning when the recession hits...
  • But anyway, here's a thought: this is, apparently the first time Parliament has been called upon to act upon something the majority of members don't want to.

The onus is also on our MPs to negotiate the deal they think is best for everyone, both remainers and leavers.

For that reason we might end up keeping free trade and free movement agreements, in which case nobody will really get what they wanted. Is that going to be worth all the upheaval? Who knows, but we we will see our elected representatives working hard for their wage.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Except the fuckin Albanians.

• Muttley wrote (see)

But if the young can't be arsed to vote ...

What Imean is that 75% of those that did voted to remain. 

it could go one of two ways in the next general election - either they become even more disillusioned or more engaged - we all need them to be more engaged!

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

..and at least we won't be invaded by the fuckin Turks! 

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Pudge, I don't think 52% of the country are fucking numpties. I thinks it's much higher than that.
  • Pudge, as nell said, it's not hatred, just despair. I just can't see anything positive in this at all.  Oh, it won't be the armaggeddon that we were warned about, but it's going to be a very messy and acrimonious divorce. 

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

What's the perceived profile of someone who voted out?

🙂

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭
    Screamapillar wrote (see)
    asitis wrote (see)

Yes. Brilliant. Fantastic. What a day.

imageimageimage

I mean this genuinely - in the weeks and months to come please let us have regular updates on how your life has changed for the better under Brexit.  

asitis wrote (see)

Yes. Brilliant. Fantastic. What a day.

imageimageimage

I mean this genuinely - in the weeks and months to come please let us have regular updates on how your life has changed for the better under Brexit.  

Well I already feel a lot better....

I suspect many of the out voters feel the same as I do when I say I don't expect  any sudden life changing improvements under Brexit.

This was a decision for the long term.

Eventually everything evens itself out.

• RicF wrote (see)

Officially they are most likely to be Over 60, rural dwelling, without a degree.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

Officially they are most likely to be Over 60, rural dwelling, without a degree.

Are you serious?

• 15West15West ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

A right knobhead,

• DeanR7DeanR7 ✭✭✭

types who would believe anything....you know, the types who buy karrimor trainers and think they got a bargain

• 15west & deanr7 - really?

Kettle, pot, black.

Reducing yourself to name calling does yourself no favours....
  • XX1 wrote (see)
    RicF wrote (see)

Are you serious?

Yes, that is the official demographic, look it up.

They are also more likely to be white but I don't think anybody really wants to dwell on that...

• asitisasitis ✭✭✭

DeanR7 wrote (see)

types who would believe anything....you know, the types who buy karrimor trainers and think they got a bargain

The types that realize you have to go through more pain to remove an ingrowing toe nail before it gets better. Of course a child would not realize that.

Depends how you look at it.

• Screams - maybe something to do wit the fact that over 80% of the population is white?

This is purely a factual observation (in case it has to be stressed that this is the only reason I am pointing this out).
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

Pudge. It was a joke. Sort of.

Just rising to RicF's bait. 

I'm sure you're not really a knobhead, just a complete fucking numpty maybe.

• Pudge - it is partly that but in many multicultural urban areas the percentage vote among BAME voters for remain was higher than for whites. I expect if you looked at some areas such as those in East London that did vote to leave this would be quite pronounced.

Lots of things are reflected in the vote, Islamophobia is one of them but nobody is about to pick that scab! 

• I suppose that's the benefit of living outside the M25 Screams - everything's not so London-centric. I suppose this has been much of the Remain campaigns problem.

Multiculturism, in all its absolute glory, is alive and kicking wherever you go, believe it or not!

15West - I don't whether you're trying to be clever or funny. You're achieving neither.
  • I never said it wasn't Pudge And just because I live in London it doesn'tt mean I never venture outside it.

At the same time there are pleny of people who feel it is something that has been "imposed" on them without consent and this is one of the many proxy protests that has been hung on this vote.

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭
    XX1 wrote (see)
    RicF wrote (see)

Are you serious?

Yes, that is the official demographic, look it up.

They are also more likely to be white but I don't think anybody really wants to dwell on that...

You made the statement, the onus is on you.

So the Leavers are more likely to be white eh?  I'd posit that those who voted to remain are "more likely" to be white.

• I've not actually seen a decent reason for us to leave.

Molly you say the EU interferes ? In what way ? I work for a global company. The EU is a benefit. We sell into every country in the world. We can sell the same product in EU as it's just one standard. So no separate tests for each country.

Much easier.

Now if we want to sell to Europe we still have to do the same. So is it less work ?

No. Well still have to have everything in order.

Except we'll probably have to pay a higher tariff to sell into the market. So basically we will scale down uk production and produce the goods in our European factories to avoid this. How will th make Britain Great ?

It's the same with our financial industry - Morgan Stanley looking into moving 2000 jobs out of the country for a start. That's a lot of tax we won't get.

Immigration - over half of immigration isn't from the EU so presumably that will stay the same. We could have changed that if we wanted to - but we kind of need skilled people. The Nhs wouldn't survive.

If we go down the free trade route with the EU then we might permit unrestricted travel in the EU. Great for us as we can go to the EU but then they can also come here. So no effect.

If we get strict then ok we can restrict immigration but the EU are unlikely to let us have our cake and eat it. Working and living in the EU will be restricted. But risky for the pensioners in Spain and everywhere else.

So what precisely ARE the benefits ?
  • The onus is't on me XX1 I am quoting you stats from Sky news and the Guardian!

Don't shoot the messenger go and read what I read image

i mean you might not like it but I am not making this up.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    Don't take too much offence, 15West is just a bit emotional. It's like waking up in the morning to find someone's done a massive shit on your carpet. Except it's not your carpet, it's your country. And it's not a massive shit... No, hang on it is a massive shit.
  • I think most people would agree that Nigel Farage is a massive shit...

• XX1XX1 ✭✭✭

The onus is't on me XX1 I am quoting you stats from Sky news and the Guardian!

Don't shoot the messenger go and read what I read image

i mean you might not like it but I am not making this up.

You made the statement so the onus is on you.  I'm not arguing against you, provide the link and I'll be happy to look at it.  I've seen plenty of graphs showing a breakdown by age group - not seen any showing the age group / dwelling city/town/rural / education split.

Not that any of this matters that much anyway...  The Leavers won...  Time to move on.

• booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Bitch about the referendum until Sunday evening. Then come Monday all roll our sleeves up and get stuck in shovelling the shit and fixing things.