Thursday 11th August 2016

Morning, just! Just walked in from the airport.

Edit: apologies for the 11:59 start: RW must behind my phone and computer's times! 

Lyrics: Viva! I had this perfect dream
-Un sueño me envolvió

"Saw" a guy from this group when in Switzerland! OH will understand, I'm sure! Always think of this song when the Olympics are on, also.

What: Sale Sizzler number 4, although how my legs will cope I really don't know.

Why: nice to complete the series, although I certainly haven't set the world alight so far. Hope to see you tonight, OL: I take it the 15 miles was a taper!

Hope you pinned a number on Wabo!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Bring On The Dancing Horses by Echo And The Bunneymen.

Glad you're safely home Alehouse. Hope you and Ollie enjoy the race this evening.

I hope this heatwave hurries up - grey, breezy and chilly here this morning.

What:         maybe a couple more miles than I have been doing this week
    Why:          recovery seems to be progressing/coffee and cake day
    Last hard:   6/8
    Last rest:    13/6

Lyrics - no.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • What: swim and group run planned, either way I will get wet!

why: a Scottish summer

last hard: kayaking back Into the wind last night was pleasantly hard

last rest: 30 July

lyrics: no

You have got me thinking Alehouse ...? image

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Good luck sizzlers
    Did Wabo race??
    what - easy miles lunchtime, U11 coaching tonight
    why - it's the way I roll
    last rest - 9 days
    last hard - getting up this week after late nights watching Olympics

• Got it! Didn't know he (above image) lived in Geneva!

• DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Morning.  Corker of a ride yesterday, 60.1 miles in 3:34.  Average pace of close to 17mph, plenty of hills in there to work me hard.  Legs were goosed afterwards, feeling okay today though.  Might have a wee recovery ride this afternoon but might just give it a miss too.  

Lyrics, nope.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Montreux, OH!

How's the injury, Don?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Still bad, no way I can run.  Doctor confirmed likely sports hernia on Tuesday so am being sent for an ultrasound.  He feels it will heal in time, so fingers crossed.  

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

alehouse of course  I pinned a number on and had a good strong run! 5k off road bit hilly not  bad in 26.51

hope the sizzlers do well!

lyrics no and I bet I should..

Donaldo sorry to hear that but hopefully it heals well! Great ride btw!

lmh, enjoy the extra miles and coffee n cake!

What: bike commute 22 miles this morning, nice

why: 1st time back in saddle since ride london

last hard: this morning

last rest: tuesday I think?

have a g ood day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

emzap little one is doing great putting on chub! 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Well done yesterday Wabo! And yes, you do know this song, I'm sure! As will most other people. These are the first lines after the opening, which is the title!

Damp, windy and cold here!
  • Morning  ,

What: 6.5 miles

Why: short of time/Jab day

Last hard:The peaches I bought are tasteless

Lyrics: Amazingly yes they came to me straight away

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Well run Wabo.

Nice riding Donaldo. Is the doctor proposing any treatment?

I'm amazed at how well I seem to have recovered from Saturday but trying to stay sensible.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Donaldo, good riding there. Fingers crossed and healing vibes.

Scottish summer OH? It's as dry as a bone down here. There are cracks in my lawn so big I could lose small children. As an example to demonstrate that it's not just my poor gardening, I was looking out for blackberries on my run. They should be out now, but they are all small, hard and green.

Run. Sneaked in. 11 miles at a bobbing and steady, but decent pace, averaging 8:21m/m. As a run, I rather enjoyed delivering that one. I was less than impressed with the bint who narrowly missed me by a 50 centimetres at 40mph. It was as close as I have ever been to getting clipped by a car.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Making good progress, Blisters! Consistent consistency, remember!

And it is too wet here to even think about mowing the long green stuff in the gardens of South Manchester! 

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭
    Hey!

I have been training everyday this week. No time to post and off to bed now!

What: 1 hour bike

Why: home very late but got it done

I'll try and catch up tomorrow.
  • Afternoon all,

LMH:  You're made of steel image

• What:  3ish
    • Why: Consistency, Consistency, Consistency
    • Last Hard: 2007
    • Last Rest: Sunday

Have a good one!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

AF, keep on going

Dibs, well done on the trg front

ditched the hill work that was planned for an hours steady run.. 7.75m in 1:03:50, mentally tough with wind and warmth

Take care all 

• Lunchtime sea dip (#11) 

6.8 miles run with depleted group of 3 (west mainland agricultural show + dreich weather)

flat of the hand hard on side of offending vehicle, Blisters. Does no physical damage to you nor bodywork but gives the offending driver the deserved psychological jolt.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Evening!

What: 8k, including Sale Sizzler. 21:43, compared with 21:39 last time. A little disappointing...but only a little! 

Why: 4th in the series, with two raced and two paced. And apologies that yet again I didn't get to chat, OL

This time last year I ran 20:50, so should be closer to that than I am. Probably not racing enough. Definitely too heavy: back over 10 stone again when I should be under 9 and a half. Probably running on slightly tired legs from a lot of time on the feet over the past week. Set off too quickly, perhaps: it felt more uncomfortable than it should have. However very few people passed me, so a lot of other people started off too quickly as well! The Flying Pig went by at the 1k mark and gradually pulled away; however he was always in my sights and I fired off a reasonable last k, passing him with less than 200 to go. Overall verdict: not too bad, but could do better!

• Totally misread you earlier, AH, thinking '"Saw" a guy from this group' referred to from this thread rather than from the group of today's lyrics. We have, of course, paid homage to old quicksilver in Montreux.

• OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Evening. image

Nice racing and cycling Wabo, good training everybody else.

Well done AH, would say my race verdict mirrors yours, slightly disappointing but not too bad.  Sorry I didn't get to speak to you properly.

17:59 (18:01 by my watch), 82nd out of 487, and a nice little medal to mark the occasion.  Was hoping to stick by parkrun rival (who ended up getting 17:18) but couldn't seem to muster it today.

What: 7.1 miles inc Sizzler.
    Why: It was there, so was I.
    Current Streak: Day 237.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • DonaldoDonaldo ✭✭✭

Nice one Ollie.  Wabo, good going!

Recovery ride tonight, 26 miles, windy last 11 miles (against).  Good use of 90 minutes.