Monday 15th August 2016

Morning.

Lyrics - The sunset falls in Wichita, yellow dances through the blue

Any races planned Ollie?

Is the OW swimming scene not as popular as it was OH or is it that it's awkward to meet up for the short dips?

What:           easy miles, may be a MLR or a LSR
Why:            playing it by ear
Last hard:     sleeping
Last rest:      13/6

Yesterday's lyrics - Sunday by Iggy Pop.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: unsure

Why: have arranged to run with M70 friend, so whatever he has planned, although I expect a minimum of an hour

Beautiful morning, and is expected to stay that way, so it will be cricket followed by visiting friends for a barbeque.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

morning all

lyrics no

lmh whatever your ear tells you I hope it goes nicely!

alehouse, enjoy the run with your friend and your day sounds amazing

10 was brutal saturday at Hadleigh, the race organiser said it would be and he was not wrong! the last 1k was called King of the Mountain and divided into 10 stages, you had to t ell them how many of the stages you managed to run.  I ran all 10, to be honest after the two laps at the bottom the KOM did not seem so hard!! 

what: run later

why: loosen the legs from  saturdays brutal race!!

last hard  saturday

last rest  yesterday

have a good day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Wabo - great work
    what - easy lunchtime, C25K followed by QoP tonight
    why - recovery
    last rest - 13 days
    last hard - yesterday. MLR with hills combo, slightly speedier pace (14.5mi in 1h55)

• Was out for swim with group yesterday and will be again today, not so easy on work days, LMH

What: sea swim then see what rest of day brings. Looking like a lovely day ...

lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Well done Wabo! Sounds a tough one!

What: 10.73k, 64 minutes, mainly off-road. Getting warm towards the end.

Why: M70 wanted to do around an hour. I need more of these runs!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Wabo: well done on your race sounds tough!

What: 10.60 miles

Why: because I can

Last hard: getting out of bed/dentist as crown fell out!

Lyrics: Nope

Another good run even though I was tired last week was 55 miles image

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Hello

Wabo well toughed out.
    OH well done on swimming

What: rest, maybe a bit of gardening
    Why: taking it easy, calf is aching but not hurting so if is definitely improving.  Hope it's ok for my race on Saturday :S
    Last hard: waiting to heal
    Lyrics: nope

WP does not sound nice with the crown image

Have a good day all.

• Dibs3690Dibs3690 ✭✭✭

Morning all

What: 1 hour run (around 11km)

Why: New week

Lyrics: Nope

Last hard: Yesterday's LSR

Last Rest: Unsure.. a while ago!

Legs felt ok on the run tonight, did a few km of a faster pace (around 4:48min/km) to just see that I still could! then slowed down for the rest. I am sure that on a flat 10k or HM I would PB. I have hills around me so they are always hard.

Pretty tired and beat up today though... wore my compression socks to work and required x2 coffees. Early to bed tonight post tacos and a small amount of wine!

Night all.image

• Lovely swim for 30 min in the sun image

Hope you get your crown fixed soon without a trip to the bank manager too WP

• The Polar Bears are still thriving on Orkney then OH? I'm glad you're getting some sun too - it's much nicer than forecast here.

Sounds like a tough one Wabo - well done.

Hills are speed work by stealth Dibs.

Enjoy the double Dustin. my turn again on Wednesday.

Hope you can get it fixed quickly and painlessly Poppy. I'm at the dentist again myself this afternoon image

Can you make it a regular thing Alehouse?

If it was a grade two tear you'll be going some to be ready to race on Saturday emzap.

Just 14 for me this morning in the end. It was a lovely morning to be out running but it became obvious that yesterdays LSR just a week after the ultra had left me a little tired.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon all,

another Olympic Insomniac here!  Sat/Sun was awesome!

I don't fall off the horse; I get thrown image

• what: 3ish
    • Why:  Dressage
    • Last Hard: 2007
    • Last Rest: Sat

Have a good one!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Consistent consistency there, Rocky

LMH: whilst I am running every day it is not consistent and certainly not progressive. Not really been consistent due to one excuse or another since mid-May...and we are now three months down the line. Plan is to get the long run up to at least 90 minutes over the next couple of months with another run of around three-quarters to thirds of that. Well that's the plan...

Pleasant three hours or so at the cricket; barbeque at 5, so puds to prepare. And prosecco to cool.

• LMH: I hope the Dentist was not traumatic for you today.

My crown is cemented with heavy duty cement so lets hope it last longer than 6 months this time.

OH: you have Polar Bears?

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • image We are "Polar Bears" (Polar Bear swimmers) WP

Trip out to Birsay Bay Tearooms to mark 32 years married (Els cycled). I then ran over Marwick Head. Further 10k with the Scapa Loop group this evening adding on a 2nd hilly loop.

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

congrats on the 32 years OH

5k progressive with 5 x 100m strides after

Nice run out for a Monday

Take care