Saturday 27th August 2016

We're so glad to see so many of you lovely people here tonight

If anyone does NOT instantly recognise these lyrics, please march Eastwards, and continue to march Eastwards until the waters close over the top of your collective heads. I'm sorry, you are (or were) in need of some serious corrective education in taste.

Where was I?

Running? Limited today. Legs are improving.
Biking? Yes, Saturday is Bike day. My alloy Allez bike has been to the menders. New (pre-owned) shifters, new (pre-owned) rear cage, and a general fettle. It's ready for winter. I do however need to test it. I am SO PLEASED at the moment, as it was seriously pissing me off at the start of the year.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Day In Day Out by XTC.

Hope you enjoy the newly fettled bike Blisters.

Is everyone parkrunning this morning dressing up?

Better than initially forecast start to the Bank Holiday weekend here - hope it lasts.

What:            short and easy
    Why:             keeping it down before the 10k
    Last hard:      the above
    Last rest:       13/6

Lyrics - of course.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Morning. image

Good luck in the race today, OH.

Blisters: Enjoy the biking today, nice to hear it's spruced up again..
    LMH: No fancy dress that I'm aware of, but perhaps I've missed the memo...  Enjoy the short 'n' easy.

What: 8.1 miles (inc. parkrun w/friend plus 5 miles w/10 x 100 metre strides)
    Why: Saturday.
    Current Streak: Day 253.
    Lyrics: I'm marching eastward toward the sea...

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Lyrics: I'm following OL

What: parkrun plus a few ks

Why: Saturday. Not aware of fancy dress either.

Back later.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I thought there was some dress up in red, white and blue thing going on at parkrun today?

• Morning,

Fancy dress for parkrun that would make interesting for supportersimage

Looks like a line is growing I am joining Ollie and Alehouse

Enjoy the parkrun Oliie and Alehouse

LMH Hope the short run was good?

Blisters : sounds like a good bike update....

What 10.89 miles

Why; Lake v and last day of schedule

Last hard: Next 2 weeks tapering

Lyricsimageee above

Legs were heavy and slow but never mind making 62 miles for the weekimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon!

Take it easy now, WP!

What: parkrun. Resembled a fell race in parts and really struggled up the first long, stony hill, so much so that I thought I would have to walk. I wouldn't have been the only one. Very pleasant course...for a training run. Guided L65 around to another course record: 27:59, which is over 3 minutes slower than her usual times and a good indication of how tough the course is.

Why: parkrun tourism.

A bit of bunting out to celebrate Team GB's Olympic successes, but no fancy dress or red, white and blue kits.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Maybe it was only certain parkruns then Alehouse. That does sound like a tough course.

The taper will sort those legs out Poppy.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Thought I was going to have an asthma attack on the first hill, LMH! A later one wasn't much better! Would have made for a good maximum heart rate test!The first k took exactly 7 minutes, and I was working hard!

Looks like you had a nice stroll in the park today, OL

• OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Found out today that a fellow who lives across from me is also a parkrunner at Woodbank, nice to chat with him.  He used to run a lot in the past ('80s - early 00s) and has recently started getting back into it.

AH: Which parkrun did you do?  Nice going anyway on a tough course, and well done to L65.
    LMH: There was some 'I am Team GB' thing going on with red, white and blue stickers (worn on my forehead) being handed out, so I guess that's where the rew, white 'n' blue fancy dress would have come into play.  Did you have a good run?
    WP: Nice going on the 10.89 miles, hope your taper goes well.

Decided to practise hurdles today, maybe that or showjumping is my true life calling... image

/members/images/880934/Gallery/parkrun_20.jpg

Have a good day. image
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Lyme Park, OL. And don't injure yourself posing for the camera.
  • OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

AH: I still haven't done Lyme Park, but heard it is a toughy.  I understand they're setting up a new parkrun in Hyde as well, may try that one out when it starts up. 

Have a good day. image
  • I'm guessing you weren't racing that one Ollie? image I had a good short run thanks, not as fast as my little run just before my last 10k so not sure what that means for tomorrow but if nothing else it will be a bit of speed work for me. How long until your half now?

• What:
    Kayak to Rousay (3.2 miles)
    Rousay Lap (HM)
    Cooldown swim around the harbour

Why: it was a nice day. Not the best time but it is a definitely hilly course and I enjoyed it all

Last Hard: some of the hills today

Last rest: 30 July

Lyrics: marching into sea too (literally for me!image )

Great picture Ollie (perhaps not dressage)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you have had an enjoyable day, OH...and that's what it's all about!
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ3JiPNSwUk

Bike day, and what a difference a day makes. As I set off it started raining, and the temperature was15 degrees cooler than the previous evening. Thoughts of being cold crossed my mind. Man up.

Group 1 appeared to have some of the big boys today. I would have been the weakest link by far. Only one Olympic medal between them though. There were 2 Group 3 ladies, and a new lad, who had been with G3 and was apparently too strong for them.
    I decided to make a small Group 2, and elected to do a steady ride round Hollybush, about 35/40 miles. Young lad started to lag a bit on the inclines about half way around. But he couldn't even keep in touch on the freewheel descents either. Towards the end I realised that I had completely killed him. Our pace had dropped to "shopping" speed, but  hey ho. We've all been there.
    It transpired that he hadn't a clue how to use the small chain ring (doh), and that he hadn't ridden his bike for 6 weeks (double doh). Lesson learned the hard way.
    I got him safely home. I clocked 50 miles all in, and was as fresh as a daisy.

• Todays Rousay Lap HM was for cyclists, runners and walkers (a circuit of one of the many smaller Orkney Islands). Although there were about 100 competing only about 10-12 were runners. Although I generally regard myself as not very competitive, I ran mile 12 at 11:24 image then for the first time in the race, a runner came up behind me: Mile 13 9:49 and the last 0.16 at 8:04 pace. Maybe a few more ruuners might have kicked my @rse! image
    2h17: it is a hilly course but I have done 2h6 on the same course (if clockwise) before image

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

well done parkrunners and showboaters image

I was on timing duty today as still resting, but getting much better,

4m on the bike to parkrun then 11m afterwards

Take care

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya
    what - park run with more C25Kers, plus 3 miles there and 3 miles back
    why - fitting it all in
    last rest - a few weeks ago
    last hard - yesterday's 5 miler in the midday sun

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: parkrun taking it easy

why: testing calf

Last hard: driving across the UK yesterday

Lyrics: I can't say no

Parkrun in 27:23 took photos along the way to ensure I took it easy.

Nice photo ol!!