Monday 29th August 2016

Morning.

Lyrics - Out of your past and into your future comes this news

Nice long run there Ollie - looks as though it's all coming good. How many weeks to go now?

Wet start to Bank Holiday Monday here. I'm hoping it clears quickly. Plan a longer run though my left leg isn't entirely happy so I'll see how that feels after walking Grace/when I get going. I have an appointment with my physio tomorrow so hopefully she'll sort it and my back out but I'd like two long runs before then. 

What:           hopefully a LSR
Why:            50k in 4 weeks
Last hard:     breathing up those hills yesterday
Last rest:      13/6

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Weather ok but no Bank Holiday here

Swim in Stromness shortly, possibly short run after

lyrics: no

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Morning!

Not got Bank Holiday weather here! Currently bright sunshine, and it is supposed to stay that way.

OL: well done on the long run yesterday! 

What: long run, which for me means double figures in kilometres

Why: Monday is longer run day

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Morning
    Hmm, a lovely start here, so may get more garden time..
    Picked up youngest daughter from Reading Festival last night, collect eldest in about half an hour, so the tranquillity that has reigned all weekend will end shortly.
    what - something easy
    why - 14 with hills yesterday. Not blistering heat but so muggy - don't think I've ever sweated so much.
    last rest - Think it's almost 4 weeks now
    last hard - yesterday

Any thoughts on the garmin 610? I might be moving into the 21st century...?? 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Hi Dustin: I don't know the 610, but DCRainmaker (an unlikely name but the "go-to" man for reviews) does...

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/04/garmin-forerunner-610-in-depth-review.html

Friends have commented that as they get older the thing that is most important to them is the size of the numbers! I have the Forerunner 310XT, as does LMH I think: decent sized digits! All depends what you want it to do, eg heart rate. I only use the basic functions on mine. Some of the newer models like the Garmin Vivoactive have a built in heart rate monitor rather than having t wear a strap.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I like DCRainmaker he really does know his stuff.

I also have the 310XT great watch and as Ale says decent size numbers

What:10.6 miles

Why: Tapering

Last hard: Yesterday

Lyrics: Not sure

Weight lost: 2lb's /10lb to goimage

Great run I could have run longer and great weather clod first thing but the sun is upimage

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • I can only work with the largest font setting (ie one stat at a time revolving between time elapsed/distance/lap pace) unless I wear my glasses. I generally don't wear glasses for running generally as my long vision is better unaided.

About 600m sea swim followed by 5.25 mile run along the coast.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Afternoon! As soon as I wrote that we hadn't got Bank Holiday weather it clouded over and went quite cool, which was probably better for...

What: 12k, largely off road, with 2k to meet L65, 8k with her, 2k back. 69:19 mins.

Why: suited both of us

And now we have sun, but not quite hit 20 degrees yet. 

• Afternoon all,

What's wrong with the weather!  Doesn't in know it's a bank holiday?

LMH: Well done on the 10k.  A sub 6 mile is not as far off as you think image

• What: 3ish]
    • Why: lift the mood
    • Last Hard: 2007
    • Last Rest: Sat

Have a good one!

• The fast ones were downhill Rocky.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

evening all,

some nice running all

what 5k very easy to test the calf and hammy, went ok, but the calf has tightened since I got home, so icing as a precaution.
    why - releif at running again
    Last Hard - last 9 days of not running
    last rest - other than biking the last 9 days

Take care

• Add in kayaking (Elspeth asked to go image) then usual Monday evening Scapa Loop.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Tapering this week, OH? Or is the forthcoming weekend without a race? Sounds like a decent day's training. 

This morning was Chorlton Water Park, Uni fields, Sale Water Park and return. Tomorrow may well see the hills of HM Common.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

So what's next on the race calendar, OH?

• 12 mile Bis Geos race on Westray on Saturday.

I then get a weekend off (actually on-call image)

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭

Do you swim there, or kayak? Followed no doubt by a ceilidh.

• OlliepopOlliepop ✭✭✭

Evenin' all, hope you all had a good Bank Holiday. image

LMH: Just under 2 months 'til Abingdon, so plenty of time left to train, though don't think I'll be going up to 24 miles again before then.
    OH: Well done on day 29 of swimming, plus running and kayaking.  I can't say I've come across too many (or any) 12 mile races before.
    AH: Good going on the 12k today, sounds like a nice run with L65, good that you got some cooler weather during it as well.
    Dustin: Hope you had a nice easy run today, good going on the 14 miles with hills yesterday.  Hope the Garmin hunt/venture into 21st Century goes well.
    WP: Sounds like a positive run today, nice going on the 10.6 miles todaym good stuff.
    AF: Hope you had a good 3-ish miles today, I think the weather operates on a system of mockery, doing the opposite of what anybody wants/requires.
    RFJ: Glad you got a nice run in, hope the calf doesn't cause too much of a kerfuffle though.

What: 10 miles (am - 6 miles/pm - 4 miles)
    Why: Easy day.
    Current Streak: Day 255.
    Lyrics: Nope.
    Yesterday's Lyrics: 'Through The Barricades' by Spandau Ballet.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image