Paris Marathon 2017

Comments

• I'm doing London so see you in FGFA hopefully, and I'm really hoping to run Chicago next year .... there is serious talk of a big group outing to the Windy City in 2017, and i'll want to be a part of it. I'm running my 5th WMM in NY on Nov 6th leaving Chicago to complete the set .... and i'll want to do that as soon as possible .... but I can't bring it up with the missis until NY is a distant memory. Keep in touch

• FANTASTIC JIMBOB!!!!!!!! See you at London AND hopefully Chicago then!

• Hi TBO2 - seems like Pompey sea front is the place to be!

Worry more about the coastal wind than the trail part! Lolimage x
  • TBO2TBO2 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Loubella-will be nice to meet! I've done the Great South run before so have had some limited experience of Portsmouth winds. Still slightly scared about the trail but it's good to do something different. Just got to start training again now.
  • "ran" into me old china UrbaneFox at the Middx 10K champs today. He was sporting a new tash and was relaxing with a drink and a banana by the time I scrimped over the finish line in just under 40. Running Rodent was there giving me support which was helped but I lost a bit of momentum through the last lap as I seemed to be running a lot on my own. Saying that it is a great race and I recommend it. Normal training resumes tomorrow .....

• NellsNells ✭✭✭

Hello everyone! 

Apologies fro my absence of late - family and work have been keeping me a bit busy! I'm still more or less keeping up with My Plan for Valencia in November. Had to do a bit of a catch up on the long runs, and have missed some of the tough midweek runs, but the good news is that I do seem to be getting ever so slightly faster/stronger etc so what I have been doing is paying off, and this is the closest I've ever managed to stick to a plan! Hopefully I'll still be able to keep at it as the long run miles ramp up a bit from here. I'm still unsure about what time/pace to target, or if I'd be better off just not thinking about it on the day and see what happens... Maybe I'll have a better idea once I've finished the longer training runs, or at least after racing a half in October. I've learnt so much about running in recent years, but still so clueless when if comes to implementing it! 

• NellsNells ✭✭✭

I've been keeping up, but let me know if I missed anything!

Sep 10: Half Ironman - The Vitruvian - Magna Carter.
    Sep 11: Great North Run - Andy W, Christopher Field, Hales HayleyB, Hari2, Kirsten B. Surrey Bacchus Marathon - Nodster, Betzza. Wirral Half - Orbutt.
    Sep 16: PC's birthday, Mrs O's birthday.
    Sep 17: Trail Maniak Challenge (www.trail-maniak.com) - Franz Wanzenboeck
    Sep 18: Richmond Half Marathon - baldstan. Coyote Marathon - LeggyMountbatten, Nodster. Worcester City 10K - Tired legs. Porto Half - Running Rodent.
    Sept 25: Berlin Marathon - Mister Mike. Ealing Half - iantcox. Robin Hood Marathon - Nodster. Cheltenham Half - Christopher Field. Bristol Half - yer maj. Loch Ness Marathon - andrewr123.
    Sep 26: Hayley B's birthday.
    Sept 27: www.viennanightrun.at - Franz Wanzenboeck
    Oct 2: Chester Marathon - Andy W, Meadower. Lyon Half - Running Rodent. Cardiff Half - The Jimbob, Nells. Great Scottish Run - Eggyh73. Lisbon Marathon - agentpenguin.
    Oct 6: Onetit's birthday.
    Oct 9: Yorkshire Marathon - Karen Bowman 2, iantcox, Loubella. Great Eastern Run Half - Magna Carter. Oxford Half - kenno. Royal Parks Half - agentpenguin, Nells. Seco Alcester 10k - Christopher Field.
    Oct 16: Amsterdam Marathon - Christopher Field. Cabbage Patch 10 - Nells. Manchester Half - Kirsten B.
    Oct 22: Festungstrail (Salzburg Trailrunning Festival) - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Oct 23: Abingdon marathon - yer maj.
    Oct 29: Beachy Head Marathon - baldstan.
    Oct 30: Orapidrun's birthday. Marine Corps Marathon - Nodster.
    Nov 6: Danni's birthday. New York Marathon - The Jimbob, Nodster, Slinkyminky. Men's 10k Edinburgh - KennyM.
    Nov 12: Autumn Shakespeare 10k - Christopher Field.
    Nov 13: Lytham windmill 10k - Kirsten B. Marathon Nice-Cannes - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Nov 19: Birmingham 10k Mo run - Christopher Field.
    Nov 20: Phoenix Winter Marathon - Nodster. Valencia Marathon - Nells.
    Nov 25: Jimbob's birthday.
    Nov 26: Saxon Shore Saturday - Nodster. Chasewater xmas pudding dash 10k - Christopher Field.
    Nov 27: Saxon Shore Sunday - Nodster. Florence Marathon - Tired legs.
    Dec 11: Telford 10k - Christopher Field, Tired legs.
    Dec 18: Portsmouth Coastal Waterside - Nodster, Loubella, TBO2.

Jan 1: Roundman's birthday.
    Jan 3: OO52's birthday.
    Jan 7: Polar Night Half Marathon - LloydR
    Jan 12: Orbutt's birthday.
    Jan 15: Yer Maj's birthday.
    Jan 30: Stuchbury's birthday.
    Feb 10: Emmy's birthday.
    Feb 19: Hampton Court Half - Franz Wanzenboeck.
    Feb 26: Brighton Half Marathon - baldstan.
    Mar 1: Radar Sal's birthday.
    Mar 12: Bath half - Christopher Field.
    Mar 19: Reading Half - The Jimbob. Alloa Half - KennyM.
    Mar 25: Leggy Mountbatten's birthday.
    Apr 2: Manchester Marathon - Andy-W-, Karen Bowman 2, Christopher Field.
    Apr 3: Betzza’s Birthday.
    Apr 7-17: Marathon des Sables - Dannirr, Nodster.
    Apr 9: Paris Marathon
    Apr 10: Kaz's birthday.
    Apr 11: Chris Morgan's birthday.
    Apr 23: Kirsten Lancs Lass' birthday. London Marathon - The Jimbob, agentpenguin. Hamburg Marathon - KennyM.
    Apr 24: Picklelily's birthday.
    Apr 26: Nells' birthday.
    May 14: Leeds Half Marathon - Andy-W-.
    May 15: Scott W's birthday.
    May 17: Simon Mac's birthday.
    May 20: TBO2's birthday.
    May 27: Kent Roadrunner Marathon - Nodster.
    May 28: Liverpool Rock n Roll Marathon - Andy-W-, Orbutt. Liverpool Rock n Roll Half - Christopher Field.
    May 29: Vitality 10,000 - The Jimbob, Nells.
    Jun 1: Penny71’s birthday.
    Jun 2: Eggy's birthday.
    Jun 23: Nodster’s birthday.
    Jun 25: Keyser Suze's birthday.
    Jul 9: Leeds 10k - Andy-W-.
    Jul 20: Meadower's birthday.
    Jul 28: ATM's birthday.
    Aug 4: Uisge Jo's birthday.
    Aug 18: Andy W’s birthday.
    Sep 4: Benign Murmurring's birthday.

Apr: Two

• NellsNells ✭✭✭

Apr: Two Oceans

• Good to see you Jimbob. The Middlesex 10k was indeed a good race! You should also add the effect of the wind, which added some time in the first and last lap for me!

Was good to see you there! 

• PS lovely to see Running Rodent too - albeit not in her Paris minion outfit...

• Nells - Sounds like your training is going well. image

• NellsNells ✭✭✭

It's going anyway Eggy - which is better than my usual efforts! Not sure I'm ready to class it as 'well' yet...  image

• Hi everyone, am hoping to get a public place once entries reopen tomorrow morning. But is it 8am European time?! And is it likely places will sell out quickly? Thanks X
  • NellsNells ✭✭✭

Hi bexi

I think it was 8am European time as seems to be open already (https://www.asochallenges.com/attente/prepa/introduction.php?lang=en). I don't think they'll sell out immediately, but every year seems to get more and more popular so I would do it as soon as is convenient to be sure of a place. I know the first time I did it three years ago, I registered after the London ballot results came through, and I think there were still spaces available right to the end, but this year's sold out by late October last year, so it didn't take too long. Do bear in mind though that there's no deferral or transfer options, so once you're in, you're in image

• Thank you! I'm trying already (have been since 7am) but it keeps holding me on the waiting for payment page and then after about 15 mins it goes back to the previous step! Ah!
  • NellsNells ✭✭✭

It does tend to get overloaded when they open it up (both times - the early sign up and the second wave!). Think of it as one of those charming French traits where things eventually work out in the end, so why change things by bringing in new servers/registration platforms etc... If you have time and patience, you'll get there eventually. There's quite a lot of people commenting on their Facebook post in the same boat as you it seems, and the Marathon response is the typical Gallic shrug and 'yes, it's very busy today. You'll just have to wait a bit'.

• Hi everyone, am hoping to get a public place once entries reopen tomorrow morning. But is it 8am European time?! And is it likely places will sell out quickly? Thanks X
  • Last year it sold out much faster than usual, which was one of the reasons I missed out. In previous years it had been easy to get a place months after the entries opened.

I see they've still got the worlds flakiest entry system. It overloads every single year. I'm glad I went in early and got my place in the April allocation.

• will 2017 be your 5th Paris Eggy?

• Urbane Fox - damn, I should have thought about the minion suit! Maybe not so practical as I was mid run.

Good to see the serious club runners in action on Sunday - including, bizarrely, the fourth placed finisher who was, for some reason, running in his socks image .

I'm still bimbling about, and trying to decide on my Comrades qualifier. Got a couple of halfs (halves?) coming up which will let me know what kind of shape I'm in - slow, I suspect image .
  • Jimbob - Yes, this'll be Paris number five for me. 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and next year.

• kennokenno ✭✭✭

I'm thinking and thinking.  Looked at flight options.  Waiting for text back from the in-laws......

• kennokenno ✭✭✭

I said at the start of this forum I wasn't running Paris next year.  Change my mind, I'm in.  Stuchbury too.  Is there a Paris list yet?  Shall I start one?

• NellsNells ✭✭✭

Kenno - Heroine in a half-shell was doing the list last year, and she carried on when this year's started, but I don't think she's running Paris next year so I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you took over as she might not be on here as often... Last updated version is on page 2 I think!

• One minion-suited supporter here.
  • Hi list fairy, can you please put me down for Pafos Marathon 5th March 2017 .... Excited!

We holidayed here this year and last but this is a combined trip 10 years since we were married in Cyprus .... Staying at the same hotel each time.

The kids aren't invited though ... My parents coming to stay, the oldest being in her GCSE year at school.

I might need some advice was thinking Pafos marathon (probably not PB course due to the heat @25 degrees) would be treated more as training run for Manchester marathon 4 weeks later. Then there's Liverpool 8 weeks after that (likely to defer London if I get in).

2017 running calendar shaping up nicely image
  • Andy - Good luck with that one! After nearly melting in the heat at Copenhagen this year, I'm in no hurry to seek hotter shores for marathon running.

A local half marathon for me this weekend. Time to find out if I have any decent running form at all just now. image

• Good luck to everyone running the GNR tomorrow & ORBUTT at the Wirral half.

Getting busy next year ANDYW, at least you've done plenty of heat training for the Pafos marathon image

Will be sad to miss Paris next year image
  • Blind as a bat ??? good luck with your half too EGGY ! I'm sure you'll blast it as usual
  • Thanks Nodster but I cant run, I'm Ninja'd.

Achilles problems. Left it two weeks then jogged but it still hurt. Next day I could hardly walk.  So I'm not running on it until I'm confident. 

Shame, I was looking forward to this one.