Carrying ID when you are on a run

A few weeks ago, a runner was found unconcious by a path on the side of town. Initially reports said he was a 17 year old and had no ID.

Later it was revised to mid to late 30's, tall, slim build, conditioned runner who was in that area when he collapsed.

Meanwhile I was away somewhere else in the car on a fell run that weekend not been home for 3 days. Friends I know and on facebook saw the news and gave the police details it could be me, Tall slim bloke who looking at his body diets and runs long distances  - ie very skinny.
Of course, about 10 people inform the Police, thinking and worried I've collapsed, which ironically on Facebook is where I say I run and he was wearing a Garmin, which I also put a pic of it on.
The police came to my house, of course I was out - and have two cars, so although one was still there, more and more they thought it was me.

After talking to neighbours and checking the ANPR cameras, after a while they found out it wasn't me and the person was still uncouncious in hospital.
I now carry a tag tucked in my shorts saying who I am. Scary to think people thought it was me and nice to know people care about me.
As they see me everyday running and my training I put in on my FB page, they thought it was me - even made the local news. I don't know who the guy is, but the police said he made a full recovery and back home to home to his family.

Comments