Options

Anyone running in Mizuno Inspire 12s after running in the 11

I have been wearing the Inspire since its inception (took over from the Elixr, I think) so at leat 12 years

The 10s were disappointing but the 11s were the best shoes I have ever had, unboxed, 10 miler that day never looked back

Got the 12s now, over 100 miles on them and not impressed at all, seem bulkier and I know they weigh more. The foot plant is more of a slap slap slap on the road service wheras the 11s were more pat pat pat

The reviews do say theres an extra layer of foam on the top of the shoe and boy is it noticeable !! the shoes are so hot on the feet, my soles are actually burning after 5 miles..

Why oh why do manufacturers mess about with shoes? I cant afford a new pair so 400 miles time maybe fairwell Mizuno, unless the 13s are more like the 11s

Anyone else in same position ?

Comments

• Options

I'm not in exactly the same position but I do have a pair of 11s that are pretty old now. I've been thinking of buying some 12s but after reading your post I'm not so sure. I certainly don't want anything heavier or bulkier. Maybe another pair of 11s is the answer..?

• Options

Go Caz

If you can find them buy all the 11s you can !!! 12s much less room in the toe box and my feet are being squeezed, still burning soles of my feet and they are rpasting hot shoes as well due to what feels like a Duvet on the front and the biggest padded tongue I have ever seen, why ?

So bye bye Mizuno and moving to New Balance 1260 series

• Options

While I loved running in the 10's they didn't last 5 minutes. I never managed to wear a pair out, I got every pair replaced due to splitting on the edge of the toe box.

I went through 3 pairs of 11's and I'm on to my second pair of 12's now.

I agree they feel very slightly heavier and the toe box is narrower but despite that I'm getting on just fine with them. 

That said, you can still pick 11's up and if you like them then stick with them.

• Options

My 12s are getting better but after 125 miles I feel they should have bedded in quicker. I am, however, reluctant to change brands as often this can be an expensive mistake. I don't want to go to our local running store as although they do video gait analysis they only stock three brands so will obviously only recommend what they have to sell. Am 125 miles into my allotted 500 on a pair of running shoes, so will see how it goes, maybe the Mizuno will come good

• Options

Burning the soles of your feet? Would the extra foam on the upper cause that? I have had a few pairs of 11s and they are great for me. My last but one pair of shoes I decided to try the cheaper Mizuno Connect2, I found them to be very comfortable except after 2 or 3 miles the soles of my feet were burning... on fire! I swapped out the insoles for those from my old 11s and never looked back. I've now done nearly 500 miles in those Connect2 with no issues.

• Options

"and the biggest padded tongue I have ever seen, why ?"

Funny to find this thread - specifically came on here to see if Wave Inspire changes had again been called out!

Think I started with 8s, had a couple of pairs of 9s (which I absolutely loved), then found the uppers on the 10s to be an absolute nightmare - they were so lightweight, tongue was barely there, and there was a horrible issue re the interior join to the lacing hole material (was it glued / heat joined rather than stitched?). Anyway it was so bad, my feet bridge were continuously rubbed / bruised by them - couldn't believe a pair of trainers could be altered so significantly in one iteration...

I was so put off Mizuno I moved over to Asics. However, I tried a pair of 11s at the London marathon expo last year, and "bingo" they were great again - they completely fixed the issues with the uppers, properly stitched / padded and tongue back to normal.

Now I read this comment about the tongue, and think - what's going on with Mizuno? Why the constant tampering with what is, after all, just supposed to be an update of the same model...

• Options

FootOfDavros

Spot on. The 11s were simply fantastic running shoes, I cant understand for the life of me why do companys think they constantly have to change ? if it aint broke don't fix it simple

So after at least 20 years in Mizuno gonna contemplate a change to New Balance

• Options
    DTS2DTS2 ✭✭✭

I liked the 10, loved the 11 and I really don't get on with the 12.  When I try to run in them I get all sorts of aches and pains. I've done about 70 miles in a pair of 12's and I just can't get on with them, they actually hurt.  I don't even find them comfortable to walk in.  Heavy, clunky and they feel really firm to me. Completely different shoe to the Wave Inspire 11.

On the Mizuno Facebook page they recommend the Wave Connect 3 or the Wave Catalyst as being more like the Inspire 11 but I've kind of lost faith in Mizuno now.

• Options

I loved the 11 and am now running in the Catalyst which I do like, definitely not the same shoe though.

• Options
    Go CazGo Caz ✭✭✭

I went from the 11s to the Sayonaras, They took a bit of getting used to but I like them.

• Options

I am in a similar situation. I loved the Inspire 9s and 11s. The 12s were a real disappointment, tighter and chunkier, I had to go up half a size but they were still much less comfortable than the 11s.

Anyone seen the 13s yet?

Like StuHolmes I converted to the Catalyst as my general use shoe which I have been very happy with, used it for a marathon last month with zero problems. Lighter and more comfortable, feet feel quite close to the ground, a little stability and enough (but not too much) cushioning. 

• Options

PS I have also been using the Hitogami 3s for races up to half marathon distance. They are fantastic, light and zippy but not uncomfortable.