Options

The 'not a PSOF sprint championships'!

We're a long distance focused group, and long may it reign....but equally a lot of us do sprints here and there along the way for fun.... a couple of weeks ago, Hof, Cake, Mrs Cake/Bookie and I did the Daventry Sprint tri, organised by Rugby triathlon club, and is also coincidentally sponsored by Hof's better 'arf's company, Viridian.... 

It was a cracking event, brilliantly organised and on a really great course that we all thoroughly enjoyed, and Hof and I were chatting afterwards that it would be good fun to get a decent sized pirate gathering together for a sprint like this next year... intentionally NOT a champs, but just for a fun race towards the end of the season and a few beers afterwards...   Daventry is nice and central, accessible easily from the north and south, and just off the M1 so would work well.... plus would be nice to support a fellow pirate's sponsorship of an event...   If it's the same as this year, it'll be the end of August bank holiday weekend on the saturday... and I'm guessing that there must be a travel lodge or similar close by?.... and the event is near the town centre, so easy access to pubs, food etc...   Early days, and a long way in advance, but just floating the idea to see if anyone is interested?
lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday

Comments