Adidas boston 5 to 6

hi,

the last 3 pairs of trainers have all been Boston 5's and i'm now starting to look for my next pair...........which is a nightmare for me as i have narrow feet so struggle finding trainers that fit well.

Has anyone else changed from the Boston 5's to the new boston 6? are they similar, reason i ask is seen a couple of reviews of the trainer which mention wider fit.

Cheers

Comments

• I'm a big fan of the Bostons. There are some tweaks between the 5 and 6, but overall they are very similar. From memory the shape of the top of the heel is slightly different, and the shoe tongue is not as bulky. I've not noticed any major differences in fit, I've happily done longer runs in the new 6 without any issues.

• Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

Love the Boston 5s (have several pairs which I rotate) and have just ordered my first pair of 6s. Hopefully there is very little difference as they will be my Spring Marathon shoe of choice.

• Thanks for the responses. Tom please post up how they feel when they arrive and then I'll take plunge.
  • Road Trail Run have just done a comparison review of the Boston 5 vs 6 which gives a good overview of the changes. 

• PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

^ Nice review, ta. I'm also considering v6 for my Spring marathon shoe, having set marathon and HM PB's in v5.  v5 scores 9/10 for me, a really nice ride and just the right balance of weight/cushioning for long races, but the upper isn't ideal. I get a bit of pinching around the bottom lace eyelet, but it looks as though the knitted mesh upper of v6 ought to be more comfy.  The white/orange pair in the review look pretty fugly but thankfully there's also a red/blue pair which will go nice with my race kit.  Plus you can't knock a 0.5oz weight saving.  image

• Tom13Tom13 ✭✭✭

New ones arrived this morning-Just taken red/blue pair out of the box......supposed to be a rest day but can't resist!image

• MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
    I love my Orange Boston 5 and wished I could get another pair. One pair has just under 500 miles on them and my 2nd pair 200 miles. How many miles do you think I could get of a pair ? Does being lighter (11 stone) make any difference to how many miles you can get out of a pair ?
  • I find I get about 700 miles out of mine, after which I find them feeling a little dead compared to a fresh pair. I'm 10.5 stone for what it's worth, I imagine weight does make a difference as you're putting 2.5-5 times your bodyweight through the shoes when running, which is bound to effect wear rate.

• MrSoftMrSoft ✭✭✭
    Cheers runspoonrun. I might just use the first pair now for training runs, and see if I can get 700 out of them. Then use the 2nd pair for races.
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I'm only 300 miles into my Boston 5's (and about the same into a pair of Adios Boost as it happens) and they feel fine.  As far as the Boost material goes I'm also 600+ miles into a pair of Glide Boost 7 and they're also perfectly fine, but there's more midsole material in those. I guess if you've got two pairs on the go on different mileage, that can be useful for comparison. I'll probably get a pair of Boston 6 for HMs and marathon in the new year and save the old ones for fast training.