Options

Snowdonia Marathon 2017

panadpanad ✭✭✭
Ok guys, here we go again....

Comments

• Options

Well done everybody who ran today. Hope it went alright.

• Options

Signing in. Too early for a weather forecast ? 

• Options

I appear to have been bitten by the bug, any chance they dig a nice little tunnel through that last hill before next year comes around?

• Options

keeping an eye on this - when do entries usually open?

• Options

00.01 on NYD Rich

• Options
    Thanks Sir John... A few drinks may help make the decision then!
  • Options

Won't  regret it. It's tough, but by far and away best marathon I've ran 

• Options

I did the same thing Rich. Wanted to do it but never had the balls to enter. I entered on NYE this year when I was absolutely bladdered. Ran Saturday and loved it. Already looking to book my accommodation for next year.

• Options

Any b/bs available still? Didn't rebook  at the Beech bank, schoolboy error, which I can recommend for anyone if staying in llanberis . Most I've tried are full.

• Options

Excellent work Panad getting this thread live on 29th! I love the continuity of it all.

Yep count me in for 2017 image #7. Training starts right away!! Okay.... Well maybe tomorrowimage I've decided to make it my lifetime SNOD goal to crack 3 hours although I probably only have 3-5 years to realistically achieve this before age robs me of my speed. Although seeing my 60yr old friend Alan fly past me at mile 11 this year and finish in time of 3:11 :-0 still gives me hope!!

• Options

My accommodation for 2017 is booked... Just got to get into the race now! Keep watching the highlights program and can't wait for it to come back around. Race feels like ages ago.. but it's been six days.... Put me down for sub 3.. image 

• Options

Haha TR22 you've definitely got the SNOD bug!! It won't let you go now image 

• Options

Hi all every body seem to enjoy the run. This was my 7th one it is the best run of the year, and the weather was very good this year. I have yet to here a bad word said about the marathon. One thing i would like is to have the welsh national anthem played at the start as that would be very special .

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hi phill in fitter.  Yes, that would be special!

I'll be back in 2017 and up for the double again.  I'll be tweaking my pacing from this year.

TR22 - I am not starting the list already!!

• Options

Are you doing Born to Run Ultra in March Trex? It's near your neck of the woods isn't it?

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Just googling Born to Run ultra ...

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hmm, not sure.  I am looking for a marathon at the beginning of April though.

On 23 April I'm off to Connemara, Co. Galway and I'm aiming for a PB at the 39.3 mile event, so my events and training will be gearing up for that.  I'd love to go sub-6 hours but I think that is fantasy land especially given the two big hills in the last third.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

There's Manchester on 2 April.  No trains running early enough to get to the start in time, though (0900).  Not sure there's anywhere to put my tent up in central Manchester ...

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there's a bit of grass somewhere Trex!
  • Options

TRex, Manchester was actually a fab gig but many people had issues with parking/road closures etc. I got digs in Altrincham and got the tram to the start. It was very slick and straightforward. I have a discount code coming my way if you want it!

Pen Llyn Ultra and Snowdonia Trail marathon entered last night, both in the same week so that will be a nice, relaxing holiday in N Walesimage

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

brer - people will be talking about us - I have entered the same two events with the same idea of having an 8-night stay in Snowdonia.  SNOD trail is a very tough marathon.  I'd really like to do the Snowdonia 50 but it's in June when I'm very busy with work.

I think Manchester it will have to be so if you have a discount code that would be great, but I'm surprised you won't be needing it?

I like this time of year, planning for the next year's races.  A bigger job for some than others!!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    Is that 2017 snowdonia 50 Trex? -I can't see dates on website for 2017- Because this years was in September, iirc it was the end of august last year...
  • Options

Everyone I've spoken to about the Snowdonia 50 (I think it's actually 58 miles) have raved about it. The mother of the organiser has been trying to persuade me to do it each year, but (as with the thought of any ultra & the training required) I keep telling her the desire to remain married is stronger. Hoping to do it in a few years time to mark my 50th!  

• Options

Is it worth booking accommodation now, rather than waiting until NYD? Bit concerned that everything is gonna be sold out, obviously there is the risk I won't get in to the race!

• Options

Manic.. I wouldn't worry about not getting in. There were still places left when I woke up on NYD at 10am ish and if you do somehow miss out there are loads of people selling their places in the weeks leading up to the race. It seemed like there were hundreds of places up for grabs on social media (Transfers are permitted).. 

I've already booked up somewhere to stay for the 2017 race!

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

You're right, panad.  SNOD 50 was in September - the reason I couldn't do it was in fact in clashed with a Brecon Beacons race I do every year.  If it didn't clash I'd be very tempted.

btw - congratultions to Mr panad on an amazingly paced run to get within his target by 40s.  And does that beat your SNOD CB??

Yes, John B,  you get eight free miles!

• Options
    panadpanad ✭✭✭
    It did indeed TRex, by just under 2mins, so I may be back for 2017...watch this space!

(And I had provided him with your pacing plan that you'd scaled to 3:45:xx the year I set my time ????)
  • Options

Glad to read that you have signed up for the Snowdonia Trail marathon TR and Brer. That is 3 of us, anymore tempted? Might need a list!? Not sure about doing Pen Lyn in the same week though image 

Last marathon of the year for me this weekend at Broadway. Thought it was going to be marathon no 82 but miscalculated and it is 81st doh!!

• Options

Yeh LG, a list! Come and do the ultra, it's a doddle imageimageimage

Disaster has struck, proper man flu meant I had to can last weekend's marathon double. Have one on Saturday then heading off to Kent on Thursday for the 10 marathons in 10 days job. Really hope this ridiculous bug thing goes away soon.

Good luck LG, how did you mis-place a marathon? Really think you need to squeeze another in this year now to make up for it! Do you have your 100th planned yet?