Manchester Marathon 2016

1414243444547»

Comments

• Dave 928- I'm hoping the gamble is worth it I feel confident they will sort it out. Just shows how hard it is to organise a big event. At least I don't have to enter a ballot and get rejected again like London 

• Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    The baggage drop was excellent last Sunday and had over 8500 entrants so should be fine for the marathon.Don't understand the comment about no toilets, I found them no problem at all.

The crowd support was very good in the towns we ran through but it runs through a bit of an industrial area where there's not many people around.

I'll be doing it again,esp as the discount code doesn't need entering until March so plenty if ime to judge where I am up to.
  • Ian 5- that sounds encouraging for next year. Im pretty sure it will be fine. Maybe fewer entries next year will help. I've booked accommodation now just got to wait for pay day and book marathon.

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Hello folks ::waves:: image  Just dropping into say week 1 of my 16 week plan to get to Manchester started this week.  Hope you are all running well and looking forward to getting stuck into training (if you haven't already).

• Welcome Christ MsE, forum very quiet lately. I've continued my training from Berlin marathon so feeling in good shape. These next 2 weeks are always difficult with lots going on and then January it starts to get a bit more serious. Good luck with training are you following a plan?
  • Ian5Ian5 ✭✭✭
    Just started a 17 thread guys in the hope a few more will post.good luck
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Stephen Elkan 2 wrote (see)
    Welcome Christ MsE, forum very quiet lately. I've continued my training from Berlin marathon so feeling in good shape. These next 2 weeks are always difficult with lots going on and then January it starts to get a bit more serious. Good luck with training are you following a plan?

Oh hello fellow Berliner!  (waves)  Good to hear all is well and you are continuing to run well since September.  I've got a McMillan plan going on. How about you?  I think perhaps we need to head over to the 2017 thread and get serious about this training for Manchester business...  Shall we?

• Yes, Cal, you made a great run. I highly appreciate your performance.
    Mathew Grant