Options

Thursday 22nd December 2016

Morning!

Lyrics are: "It's Christmas time; there's no need to be afraid"

What: something easy, I hope

why: club dinner so will run in the day

Hope everything is going well, Emz.  

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options

Morning.

A cold one here with the wind forecast to arrive tomorrow. Need to brave the supermarket for the xmas fruit and veg which I will do after walking Grace so how far I run will be dependent on how long that takes but I expect I'll need to de-stress - why do people go so mad?

What:          easy miles
    Why:           coffee and cake day
    Last hard:    contemplating the supermarket madness
    Last rest:     24/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Windy, dark, cold, T&L maybe on way ... (power cuts already in west of Orkney) image

I'm still not entirely shot of the cold image

Swimming plans already cancelled (group decision), running decisions postponed until after supermarket visit image

I think nothing is going to be easy today!

(I like the double meaning of that last sentence image)

• Options
    emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: moving country image
    Why: it's what I do...
    Last hard: moving things, I hurt all over!
    Lyrics: nope

Yesterday's were Goettingen - Barbara

Hope you get rid of it soon OH.
    What cake today LMH?

Just reached Cologne, so about half way there...

Have a good day all.

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Thanks for the ECard Ale

Im on leave... YAY

so off to the track, 7 x 400m off 200m rec with warm up and cool down (5.25m in total) splits all beyween 1:39 and 1:34

Lyrics yes....

Take care

• Options

Nice card Alehouse - thank you.

No idea until I get there emzap. They had a gf almond and cherry bundt cake yesterday so I'm hoping there may be some of that left.

It was quite slippery out this morning with quite a heavy frost, still a little slippery by the time I got out for my run but nice apart from that, cold but dry and quite still. Xmas shopping all done now, only thing I couldn't get was chestnuts, loads of chestnut puree but no chestnuts either fresh or pre-packed. I'll try the local Co-op later.

• Options

Plans got changed by call in for CT scan (follow up for kidney stones, but without any prior warning)

• Options

Afternoon. image

AH: Hope the easy run goes well, and thanks for the interactive card.
    LMH: Good going on your run today, hope you can find the chestnuts.
    OH: Hope the kidney stone follow up goes well.
    Emzap: Happy moving.
    RFJ: Nice track session today.

What: 6 miles, reached my target of 3,000 miles this year (on 3,002.6 miles as of today's run).
    Why: Easy day.
    Current Streak: Day 370.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Options

Afternoon!

Hope everything goes to plan, Emz!

Decent session, RFJ.

Do you want me to post you some chestnuts, LMH?! Enjoy the cake. My mince pies are disappearing all too quickly.

Hope CT scan is helpful, OH!

Well done on the 3k, OL! 3000 miles, that is!

What: 3k

Why: sore hip again so took it easy

• Options

Yes please Alehouse!

I've bought some gf puff pastry which I intended to try making mince pies with (or eccles mince pies or most likely open mince pies maybe with a marzipan star on top) but I'm a little bit scared of it - I haven't used puff pastry for years and I half remember something about not cutting through the layers or something? That's for tomorrow anyway, today was baking peanut butter cookies for Mark's work xmas fuddle tomorrow.

Hope the scan is helpful OH.

Have you decided on a target for next year Ollie? I guess it might get a bit more difficult if you get the job?

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya
    Thanks for the card Ale!
    Enjoy teh cakes LmH
    OH - good luck at the scan
    RFJ - good session
    what - 7.5 miles including 2x12min faster
    why - see how far I have to go
    last rest - 16 days
    last hard - today
    Legs didn't really get moving, so barely got under 7m/miling. Combination of blood donation Monday and long run yesterday. Still there is a long way to go.
    lyric- naturally

• Options

Hello

Alehouse: thank you for the card it is so lovelyimage

Em: Best of luck do you have a house in the UK?

OH: Good luck with the scan

LMH: I hope the cakes are nice todayimage

What: 7.6 miles

Why: Very tired

last hard: grocery shopping and peeling 2 kilo sprouts yesterday

Lyrics: Yes

Hubby booked in for op on his knee tomorrow to find that there is no bed as yet and Sister will ring me in the morning when the plan was be at hospital for 7am so it looks like my run plans are disrupted and poor hubby hates change he gets so stressed.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options

That's a pain Poppy. They should realise how stressful that is for people.

Dustin - I can barely run a sub 7 min mile in training but it doesn't seem to mean that I can't string 26 of them together on marathon day. Early days yet anyway.

The Co-op had chestnuts in so I'm sorted image

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about the disruptions WP, hope all gets sorted.

Ollie 3000 miles THUD well done I will be on 16XX by the end of Dec

Dustin - looking good with those runs

Cant remeber if I sad but may be getting a back door entry to VLM as work have 15 spaces again this year (100 applied last year so about a 1:6 chance, find out on Jan 04th.

Take care

• Options

3 + 4 today. Although dark and sleeting, evening run was more pleasant as wind had dropped. Almighty lightning flash though this evening which was a little unnervingimage

Aiming for 1600 by end of 2016 too, RFJ - just over 18 to go ...

I think hospital managers often do not realise how big an operation event is in a persons life, Poppy. Hope it goes ahead and he does not have to wait again.

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Take the U11s training , Paarlauf, and an odd number of kids.
    Some mug required to make up the numbers...Like I needed another 20x150s after this morning's run...
    Sorry Ollie missed your mileage, well done

• Options

Congratulations and commiserations, take them as you feel appropriate.

Well done to any of you who went out there in horrid weather. Down here in the "nearly" South West it was a lovely day to be honest. For some reason I didn't feel up for it. Did a 4 mile walk to Tesco's, but felt that it was the day to clear up jobs and tidy things. Sorry for offloading my mind.

I'm pleased to read about AOH, RFJ, LMH, and all the others. Poppy, your life seems to be busy too, yet you're still getting good mileage.

Sleep well all, and get your miles in between the weather.