Friday 23rd December 2016

Morning.

Lyrics - A finger points to show a scene (take my hand, take my hand)

It was a nice day here too weather wise yesterday Blisters, wind and rain due today.

Hope Mr WP is on his way to hospital Poppy.

Well done on getting the runs in OH.

What:         short and easy and maybe mince pie making
Why:          need the calories for the mince pies
Last hard:   feeling festive
Last rest:    24/11

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning all. image

LMH: Hope you have a good run, and make sure to save me a mince pie or 10. image

What: Very early 12 miles.
    Why: I was up at 4:00, and want to get back into the habit of early running.
    Current Streak: Day 371.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Do they know it's Christmas," Band Aid. 

Don't know today's lyrics.

What: probably about half an hour

Why: ticking over

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Out for run shortly. If I do not return, please send my passport to Norway! image

Barbara imminent ...image

last hard: yesterday

last rest: Tuesday and Wednesday

lyrics no but should have got yesterday's

best wishes to Mr WP and hope all goes well

• Thanks OH and LMH sadly his op got cancelled  poor Alun is so stressed about it before never mind after oh well nothing we can do but so annoying!

OH Stay safe and hope Barbara does not arrive!

4 miles de stressing the weather was awful high winds and torrential rain.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Sorry to hear that Poppy.

I made it out before the worst of the weather but it's very grey now and the wind has picked up a lot.

Too excited about xmas to sleep Ollie? image

Hope you didn't get blown away OH.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Back safely after being buffetted, propelled and repelled along a modified KW HM route. 13.7 miles done.

sorry to hear about Alun, Poppy. If the service is run with no spare capacity, it does not take much to put put it off track image

• 48kts gusting 55kts currently

• Good luck and fortune to Alun WP
    AOH, back from Scandinavia so quickly? Or was it Iceland, I suppose it depended on the gust. Blimmin good mileage!
    Olli, just on a  streak, I see.
    Exactly the opposite here. I felt guilty, and persuaded myself out the door, before lunch, rain or any other excuses intervened. Temperature 12 degrees, so I decided to man-up in shorts and only one top layer. Brave I know (ha ha).
    8.4 miles at 8:34m/m. Ave HR 134, max 146. Not terribly windy, but a bit of a drag going plumb into it.
    In summary, I don't feel like I've been training enough. I Don't feel like a proper runner, just an amateur. Whinging about tired bits of body. The truth? Bank it. Man up. Get out again tomorrow and the next day.

• correct blisters, wind has not turned westerly yet and was actually SSE

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hiya
    Not good news Poppy
    OH - good luck with the winds
    Blisters - wise words and well done
    It's also been relatively balmy here. Walked to get a haircut and pick up some bits from Tesco, no jacket required. Run wise it's always just a top plus shorts.
    what - 8.8 miles off road
    why - recovery
    last rest - 15 days
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - seem familiar

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear WP, hope Alun can find some mechanisum to cope with the stress.

Sound a windy run OH

Roasted on my run with some friends, 10.25m, I say roasted as the wind and rain came in at part, but then cleared up again... worth it though for the coffeee and slab of coffee and walnut cake in "The Tea Cosy" afterwards image

I hope to be on tomorrow, but we are off to Devon for the day to see the "outlaws" so stopping at Blandofrd parkrun on the way down....

Take care all

• 3layers plus waterproof on top. Beanie. Gore running tights. And every item of clothing was soaked through on return. Not shorts and T shirt weather here today.

fire lit now image