Saturday 24th December 2016

Morning...just!

Lyrics: Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up,
Let's go

What: 30 minutes minimum

Why: might be all I have time for. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Reap The Wild Wind by Ultravox.

Hope everyone is or gets to where they want to be and who they want to be with.

What:            sort and easy
    Why:             it's Saturday
    Last hard:      feeling festive
    Last rest:       24/11

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning
    What? Probably get my traditional run to and from Church, either side of midnight.
    If I'm awake.
    Lyrics? Annoyingly, yes.

• Windy but hardly storm of century. Still no boats or planes (possibly until 27th)

possibly 4.4+ to take me over the 1600

why chasing revised targets

last hard: yesterday

last rest: Wednesday 

lyrics: yes and have to admit I quite like the music to this one (possibly related to playing it in wind band at Parrs Wood High School on Friday evenings many years back)

• Morning again!

What: just 20 minutes easy

Why: fairly achy legs. Hope it is just lack of sleep. Was up early to be in the big supermarket beginning with T, and then planned on heading for the nearby parkrun. Ditched the latter! Was up late: party, then a neighbour came round after midnight to wrap the children's presents stored at my house (was arranged).

Does that count as two runs, Blisters?

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Not for the one day, AH unless midnight service is prematureimage
  • Just wondering, OL: did you sneak a birthday past us when we weren't watching?

Wish I'd gone to Burnage parkrun as I'd intended: BR and Hilly made an appearance.

• It doesn't sound as though doing so would have done your legs much good Alehouse.

Had a lovely run this morning with the last six miles progressive - not on purpose apart from the last one - but nice all the same.

Turkey crown collected, paint bought and coving and ceiling given their first coat, time to think about breaking out the mince pies I think.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon.

Very observant, AH.  It is today in fact. image

What: 3.1 miles: parkrun dressed as a Christmas Pudding.
    Why: Fancy dress day.
    Current Streak: Day 372.
    Lyrics: Nope.

Have a good day. image

Have a good day. image
  • Happy Birthday Ollie!

• Well done on getting another year under the belt, OL! Hope you don't get too many combined birthday and Christmas presents. I used to as a child, even though my birthday isn't until the second day of the new year! Doing anything special? 

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Happy Birthday Ollie
    Congrats on the target OH
    what - 21.1 miles, staggered runs:
    5 easy with some village pals first thing. 4 mile jog to pub for club xmas run, 8.1 miles over the fields/woods/streams with them, quick couple of pints, 4 mile jog home.
    why - christmas
    last rest - 18 days
    last hard - today, definitely

Not sure I'll be on tomorrow, but planning 7m over the fields first thing
    Have a wonderful Christmas everyone!

• Thanks for the birthday wishes.

AH: Off to meet my brother in a tick, have a pint or 10 with him.
    Aha, trials and tribulations of a December birthday are the combined presents, though never been too much of an issue for me.

Have a good day. image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Ollie

Blandford parkrun this morning, good to see Jnr in full flight mode to and running well. 21:13 for me and Mrs RFJ spluttering with her cold but doing well...

Midnight service for us later

Have a wonderful day all and remember the Reason for the season... Jesus

• As predicted...

1.6 miles gentle jog to church. Lung exercise? As a bass member of the choir, that's a yes.

See you on the next thread....