The Thousand Mile Club - 2017

Comments

• I was on course for 1000 miles until the end of May 2016, but then got Achilles tendinitis and subsequently man troubles which put a dampener on the second half of the year. I still ended up with 1000, but it was kilometers instead of miles! I'll give it another go for 2017.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Morning, and Happy 2017 to the challenge regulars and newbies image

And away we go ...

• Off we go then, three runs this morning making a Parkrun sandwich and a total of 7.14 miles which puts me ahead of the curve for a day!

Jan    7.14

2017  7.14

• mr fmr f ✭✭✭

Afternoon folks, and very happy new year to you all! Really pleased to have found this thread as the 1k is a really good come back option for me to give some focus during my running return! I was kinda hoping there would be a challenge for this on the strada app but can't find one....?

• Evenin' all! Happy 2017 to all the 1000-milers image

Welcome back, Matt - and well done for being ahead of the curve on day 1... good running!

Hmmmppffff - another year older. This time last year I went up an age category, now all that's happening is younger, faster women are joining the same age category... grump, whinge, moan... ageing - baahhhh!!! image

I "celebrated" by running a fasted 10.08 miles in the forest. Not quite as muddy a route as Christmas Day but I got to pet the cutest Jack Russell-cross-Chihuahua puppy dog - she was about 6 inches long... I don't normally like little dogs, I'm more of a big dog person, but this one was full of personality and more Jack Russell than Chihuahua.

Anyway...

YTD: 10.08 miles.

• ClagClag ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year folks. No miles for me today - volunteered at parkrun. Running a 10k tomorrow so hopefully that'll get the year off to a good start. ????
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

An app, Mr F? I suspect we might be a bit old school for all that new-fangled stuff image

No running for me today because it's a rowing day and Mondays are rest days so I'm still on the starting line. This year I shall be chasing Nell instead of the other way round.

• Happy new year everyone, looking forward to this year and getting some miles on the clock. I plan to post weekly to keep it simple (for me anyway). Good luck everyone!

• ooh just found this. Managed to just do 1000 miles last year so I should be able to do the same this year

Didn't do any today though!

• Muttley wrote (see)

[...]

This year I shall be chasing Nell instead of the other way round.

Oh - the antici.........................................................................

...............................pation!!! image image

• First run of the year. A slow 5k and a few strides, although I probably couldn't have gone any quicker either.

Jan - 3.27

• StylishStylish ✭✭✭
    Happy New year to everyone and welcome to all the newbies. Our "pacer" hasn't joined the thread yet but we've got 22 doing this challenge which is fab.

I went out for my first run this morning and it wasn't as cold as I expected but then again I do "layer" up a bit. Bright sunshine made it quite pleasant.

So my starter for a 1000 is 9 miles????

YTD = 9.00
  • I managed 5 miles today, although my body didn't really feel like it, but it is done, cold but beautiful day

YTD = 5.00

• ClagClag ✭✭✭

Pleased to report that I got my New Year off to a good start by running a 10k PB today image

• Happy new year all. Congrats Clag!

I did 5k on the dreadmill last night followed by 10.4k (4 laps) around the local reservoir this morning. Almost 1% of the way there...

YTD 9.75
  • AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

Morning all, Happy New Year!

Just posted a final 2016 update over on the old thread (for any of the 2016 posters who may be interested).

Nothing on NYD, but 4 miles yesterday to get me up and running for the year.

4 YTD

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Good day all. Opening my account with a leisurely trot of 4.9 miles round the local park a few times, blooding a new pair of proper grippy off-roaders. Which performed excellently so more muddy stuff for me in future - harder on the leg muscles but easier on the old joints.

4.9 miles ytd

• Afternoon all, a little late to the party but I'd like to take up the challenge too.

No runs as of yet as I'm resting a little niggle in my right foot.. should be ready and raring to go by Thursday though!

• NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭

Good to see a few more joining in. I had a good few runs over xmas and ended 2016 on 849 miles if I look at Endomondo or 847 according to Strava...inclined to believe that's due to Strava always rounding down to the nearest 0.1 as they should have the same data.

Should be getting started for 2017 this evening, all being well.

• Hi all, new member jumping on board for the challenge, I want something to motivate me to get out this year.

Mileage was small last year (none existent for some of the year), but ramped up slightly in the last quarter. I hope this is achievable with short daily runs and some longer runs and race training. Any thoughts/advice welcomed.

YTD: 12.2 mi
  • Howdy pardners... nice to see the return of some old regulars and the arrival of some new blood!

Congrats on the 10K PB right off the bat there, Clag - nice!

Good running everyone who has left the starting blocks... not far to go now... hahaha

That muddiness sounded fun, Muttley - right up my strasse image

Some speedy stuff for me tonight with intervals: was supposed to be 5 x 800 m with 200 m recovery but I used a horseshoe-shape close so the distances were governed by the actual road lengths... ended up being 5 x ~710 m with ~350 m recoveries. Totalled 5.40 miles including w/u and c/d.

YTD: 15.48 miles.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    Little Nell wrote (see)
    ... ended up being 5 x ~710 m with ~350 m recoveries.

Only 3 days into the new year and already cutting corners eh?  .... pffffft, poor show image

• Muttley wrote (see)
    Little Nell wrote (see)
    ... ended up being 5 x ~710 m with ~350 m recoveries.

Only 3 days into the new year and already cutting corners eh?  .... pffffft, poor show image

Hahaha... BUUUUUTTTTT, in my defence: (750 m + 350 m) is more than (800 m + 200 m)... plus, I've only got little legs... so I'm allowed to take short cuts image

• NickW2NickW2 ✭✭✭

Finally off the mark for the year. A short run that was meant to just be a jog, but I couldn't resist having a stab at a Strava segment (600m or so) which I'm in 2nd place for. Improved my time, but still 2nd.

YTD 3.4

• Hello everyone,

This sounds like a good idea - I think I will give it a go and see how far I get.image

Just looking at my running record for this year and I have only managed two days of running.

On New Years Day I did 16.53 miles

yyyyyesterday I only managed a measley 15.24 miles

YTD = 31.77 miles

or 968.23 miles (and two more runs this week) to go

• Afternoon Harmander, after the impressive 2222.22 miles you managed last year, I think we should add a '0' to your challenge? if so only 9680.23 to go image 

Good running everyone.

• Harmander - better late than never image Nice logging of your your bits (and bobs!).

A very nice and easy 8.11 miles for me tonight in -3 degrees - it turns out that my legs seem to like running in the cold... my face, on the other hand, practically froze off!

YTD: 23.59 miles (darn... already more than 8 miles behind Harmander and it's only day 4!!!)

• AndrewDAndrewD ✭✭✭

3 very cold miles last night. 7 YTD

• Don't know what happened to my earlier reply to David Charman -

Do Airmiles count? Am doing Luxembourg, Berlin and Toronto (again) this year.

Nell - am training a few first timers for the London so expect more mileage from me - see you on the way back in May (NOT THE PRIME MINISTER although I hear she is a runner too) this year lol

• Harmander - I can only guess, but have a good idea!

Great total already though, Toronto sounds like fun - maybe one day, I will stick to the UK for time being.