Holidays booked mid marathon training

I am running my first marathon in Manchester April 4th but I have a holiday booked in the French alps in march for one week! Has anybody experienced this before and is there any advice you could give for my training before - during - after my holiday so I don't fall to far behind where I need to be in preparation for my race. Thanks in advance

Comments

• A week won't make much difference. If you can schedule a harder week befor the hols then you can use the holiday to recover.

If you can get out for a run or two in that week - then great. If not - just don't pig out.
  • I always end up with a 2 week ski trip during spring marathon training- actually that's where I am now- I start the training plan 2-3 weeks early, then just do 1 or 2 treadmill runs ( presuming that it's too cold to run outside), while I'm away, and start back where I left off when I get back. Remember that if you are travelling at the weekend, it will probably mean missing 2 weekend's long runs, but only 1 weeks mid week training which is why I factor in 2 weeks slack for 1 week's holiday, then you can have a guilt- free trip!

• Have a great holiday. Come back and run one reasonable week the. Taper.

• if you are going for a week.then i would do my long run the day before I go and one the day after I get back so that i wouldnt miss it  image

• Some good advice given already re: factoring in a holiday...

Just wanted to say - don't turn up in Manchester on the 4th April 2017 hoping to run a marathon... you'll be two days too late! image image