Watch battery replacement in London?

Hiya,

The battery in my Timex Ironman has expired. Does anybody know of somewhere in London that can replace the battery while maintaining the waterproofing?

Lots of jewellers will replace the battery but they say they do not have the facility to guarantee the waterproofing after they have opened it.

I suppose Timex have a returns department but that will probably take weeks.

Cheers

Jack

Comments

• Err yeah. Mine died the week before FLM so I had it done whilst I was down there for the race.

I just went into a tiny old world watchmaker - he was somewhere in between Covent Garden and Leicester Square - and it was great. I think he's on the right hand side of the street as you walk to CG from LS. No idea of the street name though. Pretty cheap as I recall.

Sorry I can't be any more precise though.
  • ShivaShiva ✭✭✭
    I took mine to a jewellers who claimed to be able to maintain the waterproofing, they didn't though.

Watch got broken and I had to send it to timex. They fixed the problem and had watch back to me in less than a week.

the address is : uk time ltd, p.o. box 2232, mitcham,cr4 32x. 0208 687 9620
  • That's what I'm afraid of, Shiva. I think I'll send it to Timex if they're that quick.

Cheers

Jack
  • Did you get good results from Timex in the end or manage to find the shop in London?

My battery has also died and I think the waterproofing has stopped working. I got a quote for £20 to change the battery but not maintain the waterproofing. I've had the watch for about 4 years now so will Timex still accept it? How much do they charge?

Cheers for your advice.

• Debenhams Woking. 29 minutes from Waterloo. On the spot, good prices and a pressure tested piece of kit. Been in the sea for tris and weekly mile training sessions in the summer in the sea. On my wrist now and sweet as a nut. Think the strap and watch cost me abotu 20-30 quid in all. Mines a Polar.
  • I really love my Cartier watch. Its like a friend of mine from several years.Now , It's not working well from some days, i think i need to Replace Watch Battery.Is there anyone help in finding the one which doesn't cost more.

• Debenhams Oxford Street has a concession that can do this and pressure test the watch. 

I *think* Timpsons can do it too but I might be wrong.

• Timpsons have done my watches - no problems. you have option to pay extra to keep the waterproof seal from memory but you need to ask.

• It's a 2006 thread with a more recent spam post stop replying