Wednesday 11th January 2017

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky

Glad you're ok OH.

Dump away Blisters. As far as I'm concerned this forum is about support, not just focused training.

A windy start to the day here and forecast to pick up as the temperature drops during the day - not nice.

What:         short and as easy as I can in the wind
Why:          easier day
Last hard:   I'm keeping it easy
Last rest:    last year

Yesterday's lyrics - Single Minded by The Human League.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: yes! And appropriate!

Blisters: what LMH said.

Take care, OH! When do you find out if the procedure was successful?

What: something at lunchtime

Why: working until 11:45

Hope you enjoyed yesterday evening, Wabo!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning
    Blisters - yep agree with LmH, 
    OH - take it easy!
    what - easy run lunchtime, local club meet tonight
    why - hard set yesterday: did marathon group training, long warm up, 10x100m strides, long jog afterwards. 10.7 in total. Does that count as a MLR as well?
    Was around 15 of us, coach is sub 2:30, others are 2:45-3:15 so was in good company. Actually felt like an athlete...
    last rest - December 6th
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - nope

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

Morning 

lyrics yep, thank goodness

not appropriate lyrics for Essex Alehouse, race was very good so I beat some of the girls who beat me on Saturday at the cross country, these 5ks are better for me at the moment! 27 mins for 3.17 miles 

oh hope procedure was ok

lmh, dont get blown along too much!

what: 1.75 mile recovery this morning

why: recoveryimage

last hard: last night

last rest: 31/12/16, can I keep this up?

have a great day all

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Morning

What: 10 min core and legs done this morning then picking up keys this evening
    Why: trying to keep fit whilst adjusting to new life
    Last hard: the last week!
    Lyrics: nope

Get keys tonight, removal men come on Friday.  Soon I'm not the home worker without a home (once we get internet).

Dustin that sounds like a tough session!

Well done Wabo!  Great race yesterday. 

Have a great day all

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

happy days emzap, my boy got his internet yesterday and sofa today! 

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Same old suspects

Hi all image

Happy new Year and all that

I'm still doing a little running and will be at Stubbington 10km this Sunday pacing a friend

What : 10 miles did

Intervals PM

Why: it is still run Wednesday

Last hard: Monday 8kms in 29.07

Last rest: Sunday 8th

Lyrics: feel I should but...
  • Lyrics: In there somewhere~
    What: TBC but at lunchtime
    Why: Need to motivate the other two
    last hard: Still NYD
    Last Rest Sunday

Blisters: Mutual support...dump away
    OH: hope it's improving
    LMH: Wrap up well

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

blisters agree with sc

hi gobi

ok, these lyrics do apply now....

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Afternoon

Wabo - Oh no image Well raced though

Gobi - Hi there

What: 2.11  miles run walk
    Why: getting fit
    Last Hard: ??

Lyrics: yes

• Afternoon!

Good to see you Gobi

Well done yesterday, Wabo!

And continued progress Pammie!

What: just over 32 minutes off road

Why: checking Saturday's up and coming cross country has a course with no trees blown down etc. Have to check again on Friday. Rather blustery, to say the least, although currently dry. Was quite hard work today.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi Gobi.

Exciting times emzap, it will be nice to be settled even if it's not your permanent home.

Are you racing x-country on Saturday Alehouse? I was thinking today that I do miss it though it doesn't really fit in with my marathon training and too much chance of injuring myself. We are forecast rain for tomorrow afternoon.

I think you can count that as a MLR Dustin. Must be nice to feel like an athlete!

It was a little wild out there this morning, I was dodging bits of fallen and falling tree, dread to think what it was like where OH is - probably just as well you weren't tempted to get out for a run! Garmin went silly for about ten minutes at the start of my run telling me that I was running four minute miles, now had the wind been behind me at that point it may have been a possibility but as I was running in to it I think it rather unlikely. LOL. Fortunate that I know my routes. New shoes had arrived when I came home from work - they are very purple and very pretty, need to decide whether to race in a pair of those or Boston Boosts as last year.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • No, not running cross country league, LMH: part of the group who have designed the course. And yes, was thinking of OH 's possible weather! Wind gradually dropping here. Possibly snow over night.
  • 69 mph wind recorded at airport last night, hail but no snow. Supposaed to build up again over next 24h.

Managed pretty much a full day's work today although opted out of tonight's matty on-call.

Just about 24h without painkillers now but still aware of nagging discomfort. How do I know if it has been successful: if I pass a significant stone (I haven't) otherwise time will tell as stone is only visible on CT scan.

Not run yet, but step by step

• AOH, that sounds more like an aggressive paint blast shot gun than a weather forecast.

Gobi. For a broken man you are holding the scraps together Ok.

Dustin: A training group like that, and you'll fit right in. There's bound to be a rival to just beat.

LMH: I know what you mean about the risks of cross country. The counter is that if you have a good winter of racing you really are set up well for the spring season!

Me? I went running. Thanks to the forumites and the widespread words of support, and the existence of the forum, and the sense of potential guilt if I really SHOULD have gone but didn't.
    I slightly over-dressed, so it was never going to fast, but needed to be a reasonable steady pace that could keep going. No fixed route, so 9 miles at average 8:28m/m. That perfectly fitted the bill. It means that double figure mileage is potentially not far away.

• No fallen trees here LMH, but that's maybe because we don't have many upright trees!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Evening all,

alot going on today weather wise and good to see few few old posters popping up, good to see you all.

Agree LMH, whilst trg is important, support is key to us all

Nice running Blisters

After yesterdays track session I got teh opportunity to go out with one of the girls at work today, a nice easy (for me) 5.25m in a shade under 53 mins

Take care all