Thursday 12th January 2017

Morning!

Lyrics: Wake up you sleepy head
Put on some clothes, shake up your bed 

What: half an hour this evening

Why: a typical Thursday in winter

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭

yes alehouse I know this one!

enjoy your half hour

what: my streak is on its 12th day, 3.2 miles this am

why: the evening doesnt look too clever

last hard: this morning

last rest: 31/12/16

have a great day all hope the weather isn't too bad, little Cleo is desperate for snow image 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

nice running blisters

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Blisters glad you had a runimage

Nice to see Gobiimage

LMH: Enjoy the new shoesimage

I so agree it is the support,banter,friendship and training that keeps us all saneimage

Nothing from me second day so have walked instead I am so fatigued limbs achy sore throat so i am guessing something is lurking againimage but never mind I will be back out running as soon as I can hopefully tomorrow .

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Light covering of snow here and F10 winds for this evening

Comfortable now and managing work. May try run later (but see above).

No running for past week image

Lyrics: no

• Yesterday's lyrics were Stormy Weather by Billie Holiday.

Keep at it Blisters, it's all going in the right direction.

Glad you're feeling more comfortable OH.

I'm just looking at them for the time being Poppy image Sorry to hear you're not 100% again.

You're doing well Wabo.

Is it Tuesdays and Thursdays again this term then Alehouse?

No snow forecast for us today but the sky is going rather grey and it felt very 'calm before the storm' out there this morning. Not sure how I'm going to fare if tomorrow morning is as forecast (feels like -4C with winds gusting over 40 mph) nor whether I'll get to work or not as have to go to Buxton which is an hour or so north of here and forecast snow this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

What:          MLR
    Why:           banking miles in case weather stops play
    Last hard:    resisting the temptation to do just a couple more
    Last rest:     last year

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

If there is snow about Buxton always gets it...including a cricket match snowed off...in June!

Until May work is Tuesday and Thursday all day plus Wednesday and Friday mornings.

Get well WP!

And keep that streak going, Wabo. And talking of which, where Is Ollie?!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • That's a bit extra isn't it Alehouse? I was wondering about Ollie too but you said he was having difficulty accessing the forum?

• Afternoon all
    Lyrics: Yes
    What 4-5 miles playing about
    Why: Conserving for pr Sat and 12k Sun
    Last Rest: Sunday
    Last hard: Getting self out in the wet snow while my running buddies huddled for warmth in the office...wimps image

Get well soon WP

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭

Afternoon

What: washing machine, fridge and freezer buying
    Why: I will start running again once we've moved tomorrow
    Last hard: watching me getting fatter (no proper cooking facilities + little exercise...
    Lyrics: nope

Good to see you Gobi.
    Get well soon WP
    Glad the stone is behaving OH
    9 miles is a lot Blisters!

Have a great day all.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭

hiya
    well done Blisters
    happy shopping Emz
    what - 6 miles tempo
    why - shake the legs
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - today was a push
    no sign of snow (or cold) but it did rain heavily on my run. Was quite mild this morning but Hampshire CC taking no chances spraying grit all over me at 5:50 am walking to the train.

• Yes, was asked to do a bit extra, LMH...and as it fits in with training I said yes: 9:30 to 11:45 then run soon after is the plan! And I get a bit of a lie in!

Thought Ollie would have sorted RW out by now! 

Nice picture of Buxton on June 2nd 1975: 

http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article9015068.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/JS22137503.jpg

Just heard from a friend that Buxton to Macclesfield road is closed due to snow and ice, LMH!

• Nice streaking, wabo.

Great to see you get loads of LSRs and MLRs in this week, LMH. Is the knee holding up OK?

Welcome back Gobi and straycelt

Hope the move goes well, em.

Straycelt wrote (see)

249bpm image. SVT not an issue, just a condition but I'd like one less to manage.

Crikey image!! I have a slightly dodgy heart too but SVT sounds a bit scary... mine is just a leaky valve, nothing sinister.

Blisters wrote (see)

RFJ Thanks, in many ways. Sorry for the negative brain dump. I know I sound like a wimp, and this is intended to be a focussed training forum.

It's a tough time of year, just judge from the lack of runners that you see out there. When you see another runner and you're on your session. Feel smug. You have all the right to be smug. That's the sort of thing that kept me going through the cold and dark in a marathon build up period. I'm hanging around here, hoping for the energy to rub off onto me. It will. I'll try to keep my negativity in a box, you lot don't need it.

Let it all out, blisters. Sometimes it helps to bare your soul a bit to a bunch of forum friends image  I can hardly believe I was one of those tough runners braving all sorts of conditions every January/February in the build-up to a spring marathon. I've become old and soft, resorting to the treadmill or opting out of running altogether and doing yoga instead image

What: 5 miles tempo on the treadmill
    Why: I'm a wimp and it's wild out there
    Last hard: work
    Last rest: 30/9
    Lyrics no

• I heard that too Alehouse but I may still be able to get there from this end. Depends whether the student can get there too. Those hours do sound quite life friendly.

chicksta - the knee is sort of holding up, it actually seems to swell more on the days I do less miles. I may have to take to the treadie tomorrow if conditions are as bad as forecast but I'm not sure how the knee will react to that. Can't be long now until you can run in the warm?

• 5 miles along icy footpaths (snow frozen over) image First run for a week

SVT is not necessarily frightening. I get it too, but infrequently, self limiting and not incapacitating.

• Hello everyone! Miserable grey day here. Damp, turning wet, and getting colder. Hypothermia weather. Had to get to hospital appointment for 2pm. Decided that cycling would be horrible. So I took 2 steps then ran the whole way. In full leather coat and appropriate hat, all at a steady cruise. 3 miles logged. Just got warm enough by the end. Decided to walk home as it was proper rain, with improper white lumps in it.

I really dislike days with hospital appointments in them. I feel like the whole day is ruined, because I will NOT miss one. However, we have a positive report: no more fixed appointment bookings logged as I now have an official Open Booking for 6 months. They are happy that the hands have healed enough for me to manage them and not cause significant damage. The full repair may take a year or even two. Onwards.

Buxton to Macclesfield? That's the Cat & Fiddle road. They shut that for fear of snow for 6 months of the year. It's got permanent speed cameras that check your average isn't more than 50 mph. They must pay for themselves in summer.

• It is indeed The Cat and Fiddle Road, Blisters. Sounds promising at the hospital.

What: a well-wrapped up 31 minutes

Why: winter. Nowhere near as cold as I thought it would be...but given the clear skies I don't think I will be saying that in the morning.

Edit: now sleeting heavily.