Options

Saturday 14th January 2017

Morning!

Lyrics: I've seen you twice, in a short time
Only a week since we started

What: 30 minutes or so this morning, and then helping at cross country league this afternoon

Why: all part of our game

Hope parkrunners, racers and trainers enjoy their game today also!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Options

Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Another Day by Sophie Ellis Bexter.

Another cold one here though without the snow and high winds of yesterday.

I had the heating on all day yesterday Blisters and didn't warm up until the evening!

Enjoy the new parkrun Wabo.

Hope pacing duties go well Gobi.

What:        short and easy
    Why:         hoping for spring smiles
    Last hard:  looking at the weather forecast for the net couple of days
    Last rest:   last year

Lyrics - yes.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

Morning again!

Everyone out running?

What: 30 minutes d&d. Wet. Sun out now but how long it lasts is questionable! More ks this afternoon, no doubt. At least the wind seems to have dropped.

Why: helping at XC shortly.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Options

Morning! Lyrics, yes to this classic.

Running not in today's plan. We'll see if I need to.
    Cycling is the usual Saturday, but cautious group leaders cancelled everything. My turbo trainer gets set up in the garage. It's not at all warm. Spent 1 hour exactly, did 16 miles, just winding it. GPS track will have lots of silly little circles based on home! As with all good cycle routes, I'm now enjoying a decent coffee stop.

Enjoy your XC, it's a great day for that sort of thing.

• Options

10 snowy miles d&d including Wideford Hill (icy sheets on liquid mud)

why: getting going again and Els keen to go that way

last hard: this morning

last rest: Wednesday

lyrics no idea

• Options

Where's (W)Ollie? 

• Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭

Hi

Yes, out running!
    Hampshire League XC cancelled as travellers were camped in the park. 
    Council should have let loose a few disgruntled runners on them!

So instead...
    What - 19.5 miles (road based) 
    Why - first (non stop) long run of the campaign. Bit swifter than I should have done: averaged just over 8s. Actually got quicker but the hills were in the earlier stages and it's a net downhill from around 15.
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - slog up the last tree covered lane with residual ice on it (rest of it was clear).
    Have a lovely weekend

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

nice long run Dustin, saw that XC had been cancelled

2 runs for me today, an hours run this morning(7.39m) inc a steady parkrun 23:21 for 58/358, followed by just under 32 mins and 4m to the spa, for a good rest in the steam room..

Take care all

• Options

Wideford can't have been easy OH!

Nice long run Dustin. A pain about the x-country.

How did you get home from the spa then RFJ?

I wouldn't have wanted to have been out on a road bike this morning Blisters though I did see a good few who were. The trails were probably worse than the roads though as they were covered in sheets of ice where the snow from yesterday had melted before freezing again.

Much better conditions for running in than yesterday and pleasant out when dressed appropriately. Really annoyed by a man out walking his dogs who seemed to think it was acceptable for one of them (terrier type) to run at me then dance round my feet. I stopped and he said 'it's alright' well no actually it isn't, I don't want to trip over it and I don't want to kick it. He then stood and watched as it proceeded to jump up me three times before I told him this was unacceptable and if it were my dog jumping up people I'd be very angry at which point he called it, to no avail. Why do people think it's acceptable for dogs to behave like this just because they're small - you can imagine the outrage if someone allowed a GSD to do the same.

• Options

Grrr, and sympathies LMH.

I recall one XC race in school grounds/adjacent parkland and a group had a medium sized dog that was running both left and right. We were racing down a slippy, muddy incline and I just hurdled the dog at the last moment. I shudder to think about the repercussions to the dog being ripped up by a boot full of steel spikes.

• Options

Evening!

Cross country went better than Dustin's! Seemed to go off very well: organisers are always inevitably a little anxious until the last bit of tape is collected! Only downside was the League's Health and Safety Officer moved the start so that it was adjacent to the finish so that the officials at the finish could see the starter. This meant a good hundred metres was cut from the run to the first turn, thereby increasing the danger for the runners: with fields of over 400 in the senior men's race every opportunity to give people the chance to spread out should be taken. Fortunately everything went well and there were no problems.

Managed to fit in another half an hour in close to perfect weather: no wind and 6 to 7 degrees.

• Options

Glad it went off ok Alehouse and nice double there.

I can't believe that people aren't worried about their dog either Blisters but mostly I'd just be mortified if mine behaved that way.