Sunday 15th January 2017

Morning.

Lyrics - Is it really necessary?

We've had a lot of rain overnight and it's still going, forecast to last most of the day and for the next couple, could be paddling rather than running. I so prefer training for an autumn marathon! Quite glad I'm not driving to York for Brass though it doesn't look as though they've had quite as much rain as we have and the wind isn't forecast to be as high there.

What:          hopefully at least a MLR
Why:           marathon training but non-conducive weather and niggly knee
Last hard:    getting the miles in could be hard this week
Last rest:     last year

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Yesterday's lyrics were Abba with "The Name of The Game".

Don't know today's.

What: don't know. Something at some stage.

Why: pouring here. Hopefully a dry window late morning. Supposed to be an easy day anyway.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭

morning, and yes cats and dogs tumbling here too!
    what - 12.5 easy recovery , middle 9 with village group
    why - helping out
    last rest - 6/12
    last hard - yesterday
    Good work yesterday Ale with the xc

Hope everyone enjoys what's left of the w/e

• XC today but weather's wet I have yet another cold and it's 10 miles away image

may opt for short run myself later

lyrics no

• Afternoon!

What: just 20 minutes on shale

Why: decided it was enough. Very wet. River close to breaking banks.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon

First run since Tuesday 4.35 miles it was good to be running again but legs and arms still very achy.

ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Hi all
    Good running all around I see. Wish I was fit enough to match Dustin! Pity about the cancellations. Well done all, parkrun yesterday but too busy to post!
    Lyrics: Yes (I Think)
    What: Not the Roman 9
    Why: Impulsive entry last Tuesday
    Last Rest: Friday
    :Last Hard: Today

HR all over the place first 2/3 miles so splits went : 9.20/9.01/9.01/settled down and  8.46/7.37/7.36/7.51 with last half mile @6.43 pace so pleased in the end overall and getting base fitness back at (long) last

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Sorry absent for 3 days didn't run. 3 nights of work Decided on Thursday to not run had run 4 days decided to rest. Even though it would be Sunday before I ran again

What: 2.1 miles run with a few walk breaks

why: getting fit again

last hard: ?

Lyrics No

4 nights this week
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Afternoon,

70 mins steady with 5 x 100 m strides at the end, 8.65m in total

very wet here

Take care

• You have some tasty miles in there SC - and that was keeping your HR down?!?

Glad you were well enough to get out Poppy.

Nice miles Dustin.

Lots of flooding on my route this morning Alehouse - I think it will be some time before my shoes dry out image

Hope the cold isn't too bothersome OH. Any sign of the stone?

Do you have a race in the calendar RFJ?

If you can't run after a night shift could you at least get a good walk in Pammie?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • LMH 1st two hitting 175 then under control for the rest at 140 image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    LMH maybe we'll see on feet all night not too worried these manic shifts usually only happen twice a year getting ready for Christmas. Then recovering after Christmas and the sales.

Really pleased if I can work on running 3-4 times a week. Every week. Then I'll look at 5

Not a streaker ATM image
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

LMH - 2 races in the calendar at present, Longleat 10k in 3 weeks and Pafos Half in 7 weeks image

• Lyrics no.
    Pammie, great to see you back in the (damp) shoes. I always found running three days per week harder to achieve than doing five. It was a guilt thing. On 5 it was a daily routine. Have I run today? No? Then I MUST get out there.
    At the moment I'm in that guilty sector. I'd like to run more, but the excuses are portlier than the reasons to go out.
    SC appears to have got a rush of blood to the head. Enough said.
    Me? Probably the same, but different. I persuaded myself to go swimming. The commute? I chose to cycle 4 miles each way. Damp. OK. The fortune was that I didn't freeze. That was my fear. I also hate planning the bliddy logistics of normal life.
    Swim, by the way, went quite well. I kept a chain on it. I deliberately downgraded a lane, as well as not trying to out-beef anyone. The dodgy L-hand performed well. I am chuffed by that. I also kept my race-head in a box.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Blisters good to see you are still here too know what you mean once I get this week out the way should be ok night work I can't handle like I used to. Least its usually twice a week. I'll be ok don't see me hanging up my trainers yet image