Are you and "in" or an "out"?

Comments

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Quantum physics - 

Now we're getting there. image.

🙂

• Schr??dinger's cat is simultaneously both in and out of the EU.
  • Mr Worry wrote (see)
    Schr??dinger's cat is simultaneously both in and out of the EU.

......until someone opens the box. The ballot box we thought.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    When Stephen Woolfe fell over in the EU parliament but there was no one there to see it, did he make a sound?
  • This is not why we joined and if we was out right now then there is no way we would vote to join.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Same as most shit relationships. 

They choose to keep the deal going, despite knowing; but for what they now know, they wouldn't have started in the first place.

Better the devil you know it seems.

🙂

• NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Cheerful Dave wrote (see)

Maybe Boris is suffering from super-capri solipistic extra halitosis?

I can't believe this didn't get the recognition it deserves.

Chapeau, my friend.........

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭
    RicF wrote (see)

Same as most shit relationships. 

They choose to keep the deal going, despite knowing; but for what they now know, they wouldn't have started in the first place.

Better the devil you know it seems.

what would the UK economy be like if we had never joined the EU?

we might have been begging them to let us in.

• RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    skotty wrote (see)

we might have been begging them to let us in.

I thought we did!  But then maybe that was because we were so upset at being kept out of the club in the first place.

I'm intrigued to see which club we pester to join next.  ASEAN?  They've got some good beaches down there.

• JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It looks like as part of Brexit we may not be negotiating for continued access to the single market. For a bit of fun ask your nearest leave voter what the EU single market actually is.
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭

It's all about immigration. Shitty little Englanders.

• RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    JT141 wrote (see)
    It looks like as part of Brexit we may not be negotiating for continued access to the single market. For a bit of fun ask your nearest leave voter what the EU single market actually is.

That's a good idea, I thought, so I did!

They left.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

May sticks it to those EU bastards! We're out! FUCK YOU!

• VDOT52VDOT52 ✭✭✭
    all those rich tories who lead the revolt and also have plenty of shares in the big ftse companies are laughing it up. If you have enough cash to play stockbroker with then this rollercoaster will be fun.
  • May gives every sign of saying and doing what she thinks will make her popular rather than what is in the country's best interests.  Not helpful at a time like this, given all that is at stake.

• skottyskotty ✭✭✭

at least she didn't mention the war.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭

Politicians are always are always going to court popularity with the people. Even if they have to pretend to.

After all, it's the people who vote under the delusion that a politician is in a position to give them some benefit directly.

The politician however knows that all they can do is create a set of conditions out of which they hope the majority can make something.

The problem is the word 'majority'. It's a capitalist system. Not everyone can win.

🙂

• If you go back even to Thatcher, of whom I am no fan, yes, politicians had to be a bit careful what they said in order to be elected, but once they were there, they (even Thatcher) were basically trying to do what they thought was best for the nation according to their views and priorities.  Since about Blair, being elected and re-elected seems to have become the sole point of the exercise.  I don't understand why people accept this as normal and reasonable.  It's a recipe for having a completely rubbish country, and for being run by chronic attention-seekers with nothing else to offer.  Here we are facing decisions and negotiations that are likely to have a profound effect on the economic well-being of the country for decades, with all the consequences that then has for the other services for which we look to government.  Of all moments, this is when a remotely decent person would be putting getting that right in front of being able to enjoy their moment in showbiz for ugly people that bit longer.  We are not getting that. Are we really to shrug our shoulders and say, well, that's okay, it's politics?  It's dire.

• 15West15West ✭✭✭

Maybe China have got it right.

• RicFRicF ✭✭✭
    JFB wrote (see)

If you go back even to Thatcher, of whom I am no fan, yes, politicians had to be a bit careful what they said in order to be elected, but once they were there, they (even Thatcher) were basically trying to do what they thought was best for the nation according to their views and priorities.  Since about Blair, being elected and re-elected seems to have become the sole point of the exercise.  I don't understand why people accept this as normal and reasonable.  It's a recipe for having a completely rubbish country, and for being run by chronic attention-seekers with nothing else to offer.  Here we are facing decisions and negotiations that are likely to have a profound effect on the economic well-being of the country for decades, with all the consequences that then has for the other services for which we look to government.  Of all moments, this is when a remotely decent person would be putting getting that right in front of being able to enjoy their moment in showbiz for ugly people that bit longer.  We are not getting that. Are we really to shrug our shoulders and say, well, that's okay, it's politics?  It's dire.

I've noticed this. Good point.

🙂

• The Northern Ireland problem is still not sorted, DUP refusing to allow any different regulatory framework to apply to NI than rest of UK.

Its a totally bizarre situation to have part of the UK in the EU, but not the rest, the DUP are probably being the most logical about the whole situation.

Nicola Sturgeon wants special status for Scotland ( I presume as a back door to independence).

Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan has totally lost the plot suggesting London could have a special status with the EU (Is there going to be a border around the M25?). Apart from Donald Trump's tweets this has to be the most stupid and ill thought out comment by a politician all year!
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    It sounds like Sadiq Khan is trolling the government. I agree that having regional variations in the post-Brexit UK/EU relationship seems unworkable, but apparently that was the plan before Theresa May backed down to the DUP. They're going to have to establish some new border controls where the UK meets the EU. It's just that the Irish border is so loaded with other issues. It's like trying to workout the safest way of poking a sleeping bear with a sharp stick.
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭
    Hey, I remember this thread! Brexit seems to be going well, government doing a very good job. Well done all.
  • The words piss up and brewery spring to mind! Still don't know where brewery is, what there is to drink, who's invited and how much will it cost. If the government does collapse what's Labour's plan... Pissing into the wind?
  • How I miss the UK, not.....
  • 15West15West ✭✭✭
    Well, after all that...it appears we may have a soft brexit after all.
    A lot of money spent, for very little.
  • Yaay for buses telling lies. Yaay for soddin' blue passports. 
  • ScreamapillarScreamapillar ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Northern Ireland eh? It's almost as if nobody gave it a second thought when they were casting their votes to leave...

The irony that this Little Englander mentality seems to have scuppered Hard Brexit is marvellous though! 
  • I was initially interested in this thread as I thought it was about belly buttons.
    I do have lots of worries about leaving,the truth of which won't be known until it's happened
  • JT141JT141 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello. On the plus side there seems to be consensus in the world of Brexit that the only real Brexit is no deal with EU and WTO rules imposed. On the downside, well, everything. Curiously what was once described as "Project Fear" is now the ideological preference of the European Research Group.